A group of Congressmen used Simpsons characters without permission in a weird press release that involves Mr. Burns, Mayor Joe Quimby, some anti-MoveOn swipes and a little incest humor. Fox has said they did not authorize the usage and that the characters “may not be used in this manner,” but TechDirt wonders whether the network will sue? (We’re thinking no.) [TechDirt]
By cwalters October 16, 2007
- the thrill of the fight Former Presidential Candidate Must Pay $25,000 For Using “Eye Of The Tiger” Without Permission
- copywrong Fox Swipes YouTube Clip Of Video Game For “Family Guy” Then Demands Copyright Takedown Of Original
- the court of common sense Should Lawyers Be Held Accountable When Clients Sue Just To Punish Whistleblowers?
- demeaning plastic rodents Fox News Anchor Sues Hasbro Over Toy Hamster With Her Name
- the opposite of taking it easy Don Henley Is Not Amused By Clothing Company’s Shirt Puns