California slapped a $95,571 fine on the grocery chain Mi Pueblo after the Department of Weights and Measures accused the chain of selling meat, poultry and fish by the piece, rather than by weight. [The Mercury News]
More From Consumerist
- Whole Foods Will Pay $500,000 Settlement To NYC, Submit To Audits
- West Coast Grocery Chain Haggen To Close Most Stores After Expansion Gone Wrong
- NY Regulators Cracking Down On Sale Of Undersized Lobsters At Price Chopper Stores
- Nearly 168,000 Pounds Of Ground Beef Recalled For E. Coli Contamination
- What Should I Do If The Prepackaged Produce At The Store Is Priced Incorrectly?