FCC has rejected Verizon’s requested changes of the new open-platform wireless auction, set for January 2008. Google has pledged to buy some of the available wireless bandwidth in order to launch an open-source Google phone to compete with the carriers. [Reuters]
By cwalters October 11, 2007
More From Consumerist
- If You Actually Want Comcast To Be Your Mobile Provider, 2017’s Your Year
- Does Comcast Want To Be Your Mobile Phone Carrier? (Probably, Yeah)
- Court Throws Out Federal Government’s Lawsuit Over AT&T “Unlimited” Data Plans
- Comcast: FCC’s Set-Top Box Proposal’s Impossible. FCC: Nuh-Uh. Who’s Right?
- Government Asks Wireless Manufacturers & Carriers About Device Security Updates