The recent shutdown of NetBank is a good opportunity to review what happens when a FDIC insured bank closes and gets taken over by another bank. Basically, you’re safe, as long as your deposits didn’t exceed $100,000. [Kiplinger]
More From Consumerist
- What Is Zombie Debt, And Why Won’t It Just Stay Dead?
- Lawmakers Who Received Money From Wells Fargo Now Want Answers From Bank’s CEO
- Men’s Wearhouse CEO Says He Knows How To Fix Jos. A. Bank
- Owner Of Jos. A. Bank, Men’s Wearhouse Closing 250 Stores This Year
- Banks Making $17B A Year From Fees For Overdrafts & Insufficient Funds