German researchers have found that a glucose-restricted diet increases the number of free radicals in mice and worms, and extended their lifespans by up to 25%. The free radicals trigger the natural defense systems in the creatures, which in turn strengthen long-term cellular protection against the damaging molecules. So go ahead: smoke and curse all you want, and throw out that death-giving orange juice. [Reuters]
By cwalters October 4, 2007
- seeing clearly Study: Chemical In Coffee Can Help Prevent Your Eyesight From Going
- defective cords Posting Pics Of Frayed Apple Cords Won’t Do Anything, But This Might
- look before you eat McDonald’s Customers Have Been Finding Some Pretty Gross Stuff In Their Food
- dasani on the moon Coca-Cola, Pepsi Once Again Fund Study Claiming Diet Soda Is Better For You Than Water
- orange juice Why Are Americans Losing Interest In Orange Juice?