Homeowners in mortgage trouble need beware “equity stripping,” a scam where someone else takes over your deed, borrows as much as they can against the house, pockets the cash, and runs, leaving you to probably still lose your house.
By consumerist.com July 4, 2007
- Things that make you say "what!?" Pat Robertson’s Description Of How Reverse Mortgages Work Isn’t Accurate
- less is mortgage Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
- mortgages CFPB Tackles Mortgage Protections For Borrowers In The Armed Forces
- reverse mortgages Despite Regulations, Survivors Face Foreclosures After Reverse Mortgage Borrower’s Death
- planning ahead Banks Working With HELOC Borrowers To Prevent Potential Loan-Default Disaster Before It Happens