Homeowners in mortgage trouble need beware “equity stripping,” a scam where someone else takes over your deed, borrows as much as they can against the house, pockets the cash, and runs, leaving you to probably still lose your house.
By consumerist.com July 4, 2007
- less is mortgage Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
- a new set of issues Airbnb Hosts Having Difficulty Refinancing Homes
- scamalamadingdong Buddhist Leaders Telling NYC Tourists To Beware Fake Monks Who Solicit Donations
- No Holiday Cheer Here Beware: Delivery Scams Are The Grinch Of The Holiday Season
- false promises Mortgage Relief Scammers Ordered To Pay $5.4M