Homeowners in mortgage trouble need beware “equity stripping,” a scam where someone else takes over your deed, borrows as much as they can against the house, pockets the cash, and runs, leaving you to probably still lose your house.
By consumerist.com July 4, 2007
- Things that make you say "what!?" Pat Robertson’s Description Of How Reverse Mortgages Work Isn’t Accurate
- less is mortgage Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
- beware No Surprise Here: CFPB Finds Reverse Mortgage Ads Create False Impressions
- reverse mortgages Despite Regulations, Survivors Face Foreclosures After Reverse Mortgage Borrower’s Death
- Not Quite Consumer Friendly Abusive Lending Practices Can Lead To Negative Long-Term Consequences For Borrowers, Communities