Homeowners in mortgage trouble need beware “equity stripping,” a scam where someone else takes over your deed, borrows as much as they can against the house, pockets the cash, and runs, leaving you to probably still lose your house.
By consumerist.com July 4, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
- Buddhist Leaders Telling NYC Tourists To Beware Fake Monks Who Solicit Donations
- Don’t Fall For The Mail-Order Puppy Scam
- Beware: Delivery Scams Are The Grinch Of The Holiday Season
- Mortgage Relief Scammers Ordered To Pay $5.4M