It’s hot here in Brooklyn and we could really go for some ice cream… if only we could make some in 5 minutes using 2 ziplock baggies and this carton of half and half… oh wait. We can! From BoingBoing:
Here’s a pretty damned simple ice-cream recipe: combine ingredients in a baggie. Fill a bigger baggie with ice, salt and the baggie of ingredients. Shake for five minutes. Ice cream. Who knew?
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
4. Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
5. Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy!
You can also put the ingredient bag in a coffee can full of ice and salt and tell children to kick it. Children love to kick things. —MEGHANN MARCO