The New York Times has a nifty calculator that will help you decide if its better to rent or buy. It told us that based on our rent vs what it would cost to buy a place similar to the one we rent…buying was only better after 24 years. Sobering news. —MEGHANN MARCO
Is it Better To Buy or Rent?
By Meg Marco April 12, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Rent The Runway’s ‘Exclusive’ Dresses Turn Up Much Cheaper In Retail Stores
- What You Should Know About Rent-To-Own Retail Models: Extra Costs, High Interest Rates
- Rent The Runway Creates Own Clothing Brand, Invents Imaginary Retail Prices
- Lyft Partners With Hertz To Recruit Drivers Who May Not Own A Car
- Why Don’t Device Manufacturers Just Start Leasing Phones To Consumers?