Travel booking site Skyscanner took a survey of 400 international hotel staff to find both the craziest complaints hotel workers have fielded, as well as some of the most unusual requests. And let’s just say it goes way the usual noise complaints and asking for a wake-up call.
A few of our favorite complaints:
• The sea was too blue
• Waiter was too handsome (Editor’s note: not possible)
• Girlfriend’s snoring kept guest awake (discount requested)
• Guest’s dog didn’t enjoy his stay (refund requested)
• Hotel had no ocean view (in Mayfair, London and Italy, 80km from coast)
And those odd requests are just as fun:
• One glass of water on the hour every hour, throughout the night
• A dead mouse.
• 16 pillows (for single guest)
• Sound of goats bells to aid sleep
• Toilet to be filled with mineral water
Check out the rest of the list at Skyscanner for the next time you want to give a hotel staff fits of laughter. And stay away from those blue bodies of water — they’re nothing but trouble, I hear. The browner, the better, as my Great Uncle Hugh never said.
World’s weirdest hotel requests and complaints [Skyscanner]