There are two kinds of household tips that people share on sites like Pinterest: tips that are so simple and useful that you’re amazed that your mother never taught them to you, and tips that are the product of a person with a magazine deadline and a half-baked idea.
Totally useful tips from this Buzzfeed laundry roundup:
- Use a laundry room drawer as a fold-out ironing board: useful AND discreet!
- Hang lone socks in a designated spot on the wall. Even a corkboard will do, though some people get all fancy. Maybe someday they’ll find their mates. Our suggestion for a sign: “Lonely Socks Club.”
- Install a laundry chute: If your local fire code doesn’t prohibit it, that is. How awesome would a laundry chute be?
- Put an angled shelf above the washer and dryer: this works best if you have a washer and dryer in a closet, but really works anywhere in the house.
Completely wacky tips:
- Class up a boring chore: Install a chandelier in your laundry room.
- Put pretty detergent in a fancy beverage dispenser.
- Mount an iPad holder to the wall. Just… no.