Yoga Teacher Says She Was Fired For Telling Facebook Employee To Stop Using Phone In Class

Nothing says calm, peaceful meditation like someone fiddling around on their phone in the middle of a yoga class. Which is why one instructor who was leading a group at Facebook says she told her students to leave phones off during the session. She says a Facebook employee didn’t like being told to stay away from her phone, costing the instructor her job.

The teacher says she always asks her students to turn cell phones off at the beginning of class, so that no one is distracted from the lesson at hand. The San Francisco Chronicle says she had been teaching a weekly class at Facebook’s Menlo park campus since March.

At the start of the class, she noticed a student in the front row using a phone, so she asked the entire class to please turn off their devices. Then halfway through the class, during a particular pose, the same student picked up the phone again. The instructor says she didn’t say anything, but did shoot the woman a look. You know the kind.

“I’m sure my face said it all,” she later said in a blog post. “Really? Your e-mail is more important than understanding your body? It’s more important than taking time for you? It’s more important than everyone else here?”

The student then left class to use her phone, and later complained to the fitness center’s managers. Two weeks later, the yoga instructor says she was fired.

“We are in the business of providing great customer service,” said her termination notice from the center’s management. “Unless a client requires us to specifically say no to something, we prefer to say yes whenever possible.”

The teacher sees it differently — and doesn’t think anything going on at Facebook could be important enough to disrupt a short class.

“Hello — this is only Facebook,” she said. “We’re not talking about the U.S. government here. We’re not talking about Russia is about to bomb us. We’re talking about Facebook. Something can’t wait half an hour?”

Facebook declined to comment.

Yoga teacher fired over cell phone ban at Facebook [San Francisco Chronicle]

Comments

1. ferozadh says:

Yes Facebook is more important than Russia bombing us.

• TrustAvidity says:

Yeah, I didn’t get where the confusion was either.

• ferozadh says:

Seriously as long as the phone is touch screen and made no noise I think it’s perfectly fine. If they want to ruin their yoga experience it’s their prerogative.

• abeja says:

I don’t think so so, I believe it to be rude.

For one, don’t sign up for a Yoga class if your going to barge in and start making your own rules. Apparently the fitness center needed hire and was desperate to help relieve the stress of other employees.

Two, If the majority of the people leave their belongings behind, then these are the people who withhold a professional outlook and standard for the best example of how an employee should be portrayed.

Three, I don’t care if your at work or work from home, a job is a job, if its not a break or a lunch and is mandatory to take this class, you shouldn’t be on your phone period. This girl must have been an intern and slept with all the managers which is why this woman got fired. That’s okay, At least the the Yoga teacher has enough clients to keep her in business, and working with facebook since march, looks good on any resume, she must be Good.

• abeja says:

What’s next? Causing an accident; texting and driving and getting away with murder? This hoe needs to be fired.

2. dolemite says:

So she was leading a class AT Facebook, and a student was on Facebook, and her attitude was: ‘”Hello — this is only Facebook,’ she said”. So Facebook seems to be a big client of hers and she’s saying they don’t really matter? I understand the “no phone” policy, but perhaps the attitude Facebook isn’t important is what really cost her the job (although I agree: it isn’t important).

• MaxH42 thinks RecordStoreToughGuy got a raw deal says:

Yeah, I think the teacher was correct in banning phone surfing in class, but at the same time she shouldn’t have been surprised that she was fired for enforcing that policy when her employer was a tech company.

• Coffee says:

Seriously…I would also imagine that it can be very difficult to suss out which employees have the power to make things go terribly wrong if they feel like it. She may have been chiding a youngish, fairly nondescript individual (in front of subordinates, no less) whose seniority she vastly underestimated.

• ChuckECheese says:

It’s unfortunate that some employees (cell phone users) have sufficient power to undermine other employees (yoga instructors) who are only trying to do their jobs (teach yoga) to the best of their ability for the benefit of the entire class (most of whom don’t benefit from using smartphones during yoga class).

• Coffee says:

Oh, I don’t disagree with you; I was simply speculating that it’s probably hard to know whose corn flakes you’re pissing in on a campus like Facebook’s.

• Guppy06 says:

Someone teaching stress relief techniques is criticizing someone who seems unable to let go of their job for a few minutes. Yeah, I’d say that’s appropriate.

• longfeltwant says:

I agree. It is appropriate for a service provider to assert their professional opinion on how the service is rendered.

Equally appropriate is a client telling a service provider that they prefer to receive service from a provider who will accept and support their preferences.

• ChuckECheese says:

Even more appropriate is when there is a single student (or a minority) who has not formally expressed its preferences, that it accept the professional opinion of the service provider regarding how said services will be performed before resorting to firing the service provider. I don’t think that interrupting the class with your phone use is a formal expression.

• longfeltwant says:

Yes they could do that, or they might choose not to. Clients can give feedback to providers, or clients can withhold feedback and fire the provider anyway. I just don’t see anything wrong with any part of this story. Everyone acted reasonably.

• StarKillerX says:

A company paying your salary makes then very important, be it Facebook or anything else.

While I would agree that cellphone usage is out of hand, but from the story the phone didn’t ring, and thus disturb the class, and the person in question went outside to deal with the email so I don’t see think the intructor should be so uptight over it.

My take on it is that the instructor has an inflated sense of importance and don’t see an issue with letting her go.

• abeja says:

Facebook isn’t important, since when do people feel that the internets and all of its datas rely solely upon the ‘social networking’ world? Vaguebook is useless and a waste of time, I would have said the same thing she would have. If you dont like muh rules, gtfo!

3. Coffee says:

Hey…fuck off, lady…these poisonous rumors about all my loved ones and former high school “friends” aren’t going to plant themselves.

Oh my God…why does Emily think she has any opinion about where we have the reunion anyway? We’ve been planning this for months, then she just saunters in as if her opinion means more than everyone else’s…LOL…

• ChuckECheese says:

I should pick up one of these Facebooks at the store, try it out for a month, see how it goes. I’ve never done social media.

• Coffee says:

No, no, no…do the G+ and then I can bug you ALL the time. I eschew Facebook because it’s not full of nerds.

4. Hi_Hello says:

“We are in the business of providing great customer service,”

So if one person in the class complain about the person on the phone, what will the managers do?

5. framitz says:

She needed firing.

6. Taylor Rolyat says:

“Your e-mail is more important than understanding your body?”

Am I the only one who’s a little creeped out by this sentence?

• Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

• dolemite says:

Nothing is more important than my body! /unzips pants.

• abeja says:

Well with experience working in a skilled nursing facility. The rumor is true when they says “Nurses become deceased before the patient”, this rule applies to anywhere and everywhere regardless of the field of work, most people don’t take in account for their health at work, so I can understand what she is saying. The quote basically implies that, if you don’t take care of yourself, you have an increased health risk of losing yourself or your life if you don’t take care of it. Facebook isn’t going to revive you or increase your overall health. It might make a Vague post to see if anyone cares but overall, I don’t think it will get any hits,

• ChuckECheese says:

The weird thing about most of my experiences with Eastern practices is how body-focused it all was. Breathing, sitting, postures, cleansing, diets, etc.

7. TheMansfieldMauler says:

If they fired her for something like that, there must have been other issues or they were wanting to get rid of her for some other reason.

• Golfer Bob says:

Probably. My guess is that since it took a few weeks, she continued to get snippy and all Dowager Countess on everybody until the complaints accumulated enough that something had to be done.

• LionMan says:

She was hired by a contractor to Facebook. Places like that tend to fire on the stupidest complaint.

8. bhr says:

Well, when facebook is your employer maybe giving nasty looks to facebook employees is a bad idea?

If this was a private studio it’s one thing, but facebook is paying your damn salary.

9. RedOryx says:

The no cell phone policy is pretty standard at most yoga studios. I once went to one where they had signs posted that said they would make you pay (I can’t remember how much, maybe $1) if your cell phone rang during the class.

• longfeltwant says:

Absolutely. The instructor has the prerogative to set any legal rule.

Also, the client (which in this case is Facebook, the company) has the prerogative to stop using the instructor, for any legal reason.

Both of these things happened. Neither is a problem.

10. Golfer Bob says:

Maybe she was updating her FB Status “OMG…So EMBARASSED…just farted doing downward facing dog pose during Yoga class.”

11. crispyduck13 says:

Everyone in this story is just awful.

12. consumed says:

Smartphones are the scourge of modern society.

13. StatusfriedCrustomer says:

Any conflict between someone on a cellphone and someone not on a cell phone should be summarily judged in favor of the non-cellphone user.

14. Vermont2US says:

I too – as a participant – would not have wanted to see another participant using their phone during a yoga class. It’s similar to being in a staff meeting and one or more attendees are reading their emails or checking Facebook during a presentation – at a minimum it’s rude, but can be disruptive, annoying and disrespectful of other participants. If you’re not there to be a fully-engaged participant, then get out. She shouldn’t have been fired for being mindful of her entire class’s needs as opposed to a single attendee’s.

15. scoosdad says:

She was probably checking and rechecking the stock price.

16. some.nerd says:

She wuz told she’d never work there again 5ever wit her attitude.
    “bcuz 5ever is even more then 4ever.”
    like dis if you crie evertim!

17. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

This can be avoided if independent contractors on company premises get clarification of their authority and the “house rules” when they are hired. They can’t enforce “their” rules unless it’s in the contract.

18. dullard says:

It’s fascinating to me that some people can’t live without their phones for even one hour. At my gym I see people who are working out, some with personal trainers, carry their phone with then from equipment to equipment.

One might argue that the phone must be nearby for business or some pressing personal need, but I doubt that there are that many people whose business is so urgent on a regular basis that they can’t give up their phone for one hour.

Fascinating.

• StarKillerX says:

I would agree but often these extra curricular type activities provide by companies, on company premises and often during business hours are available “as business allows” such that those attending are still expected to respond should any issues develop that need their attention.

I’m not sure if this was in fact the case here, but it’s not uncommon.

• Hartwig says:

This is exactly what i was thinking. If facebook is providing these classes during work hours as a perk it doesn’t mean the employees are allowed to ignore critical issues. I can imagine ignoring an issue at facebook during even a short class could cost millions of dollars.

• StarKillerX says:

Exactly, and it’s not like the person sat in the middle of the class chatting on their phone, they got up and left to deal with it, which is the way it should be handled.

• VintageLydia says:

I’d agree with you except smart phones are more than just phones. They could have fitness tracking software on it. I watch videos and listen to music on mine while I’m at the gym.

19. longfeltwant says:

Yes. You are teaching a class at Facebook. They take their jobs seriously. Yes, running their business is more important than your little stretching class there. If you can’t handle it, then you aren’t the right person to be teaching stretches on the Facebook campus.

All parties are winners here. This stretching teacher now doesn’t have to teach classes where student attention is divided; and those students can continue to divide their attention the way their jobs require. No complaining is valid; the teacher got what she wanted.

• Snapdragon says:

Yoga is more than just stretching. If Facebook is going to cough up the dough to make a series of yoga classes available to their employees, the people with phones attached to their heads and hands can actually respect the people who want to be there for the benefits of yoga… and NOT ATTEND if there are emails and calls they absolutely cannot miss for an hour.

• Hartwig says:

I have a feeling most everyone at Facebook has calls and emails they can’t miss for an hour occasionally, we don’t know the reason for this person using their device, it could be something stupid (Most Likely) or it could be a major issue which required attention.

If you are going to provide a service at Facebook during business hours you are going to have to deal with the occasional interruption. Though i would expect that to be the case at most businesses.

• iakkai says:

“If you are going to provide a service at Facebook during business hours you are going to have to deal with the occasional interruption.”

Do you have an explanation for this? Ie do you know of the Facebook employee rules in terms of being available?
          At my last work (a big video games company) we had access to classes and there were no rules that if you took these classes you were expected to be anymore accessible then if you were say gone to lunch. And I was never expected to drop lunch to deal with anything (unless it was super urgent, in which case I would have been called not emailed). On the other hand if I expected something would need my attention I would skip the classes or have lunch at my desk.
          But I digress, does FB actually have the “If you take these classes you have to respond to work stuff as if you were at your desk” rule?

• longfeltwant says:

You got it backward. If Facebook wants to provide a stretch

• longfeltwant says:

You got it backward. If Facebook wants to provide a stretching class, then they get to set the rules for the class. He who pays the piper, picks the tune. If an employee can’t abide that, then I bet they aren’t forced to be in the class so they can skit it.

Again, a rule against cell phones is totally reasonable, but it is also totally reasonable for Facebook to encourage employees to be on call at all times. If Facebook and the teacher disagree on the rule, then Facebook has the prerogative to find a new teacher. Of course they have that prerogative; they wouldn’t even need to disagree about anything to find a new teacher.

• RedOryx says:

“Little stretching class”?

Okay you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

• coffee100 says:

The answer naturally, is for the teacher to set their phone to ring for the entire duration of the class. If anyone complains, they should respond with a filthy profanity-laden screaming tirade while repeating “YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME” as often as possible.

Personally I think most people need to ram their #%*()&#% phone up their ass. The whole #%*(&#% world is walking around staring at a 2×3 screen.

• longfeltwant says:

Yeah, I also personally think most people need to ram their phone up their ass. But you and I didn’t pay for this yoga class, and we don’t have sway at Facebook.

• The Porkchop Express says:

if ” running their business is more important than your little stretching class”, that person should not have gone that day.

Also, Snapdragon is right, yoga is more than a stretching classe.

• longfeltwant says:

Yes. Yoga is more than a stretching class. What yoga is, is a stretching class plus some hippie nonsense. To be polite, I ignored the hippie nonsense and gave this woman credit for leading a stretching class. That might be too kind, though, because she might focus on the nonsense more than the stretching. It’s impossible to say from the facts in the article.

20. gwynnebaer says:

No confusion here. Ultimately she’s an employee of FB in some fashion. If she feels strongly that phone use in the class is not an effective way to have a yoga class, then she doesn’t want to teach a class at FB. I agree the student is a twit for using a phone; they should simply not be part of the class. But ultimately the rules are made by the employer, and the instructor can either agree to them or move on.

21. Pete the Geek says:

Firing seems extreme, but I wonder if there was already a policy at the fitness centre that instructors were not to ban cell phones? There are legitimate business and personal reasons for busy people to check their phones, so during my training sessions I just give everyone the benefit of the doubt and ignore people who use their phone. Most people don’t need to be told to step out for a voice call.

22. JanieJane says:

Playing Devil’s Advocate here, it’s possible that Facebook requires certain employees to be “on call” at all times, even during a company yoga class. Those answering their phones in class were probably responding to work-related inquiries. By restricting cell phone usage during classes, the instructor may have been viewed by Facebook as a hindrance to worker productivity. I personally don’t agree with companies requiring employees to be on call at all times, but it’s the unfortunate reality of some people’s jobs.

• Snapdragon says:

The person ‘on call’ shouldn’t be in a yoga class for the duration of their ‘on’ time, then.

If everyone else in the class can be unplugged for an hour, then this person should be too. One person on one call disrupts more than just that one person’s ability to get the benefit out of yoga.

• Reno Raines says:

I don’t think you understand how on call works. Just because a person is on call doesn’t mean they lose the ability to go to yoga class. I’m sure many people on call would love to not worry about their phone during class, but that’s what their job requires. That person could go on the rest of their evening without getting a call that requires their immediate attention, but that doesn’t mean they can stop checking their messages.

Good luck “unplugging for an hour” when your job depends on it. And good luck with being able to enjoy other activities in your life if that’s how you feel someone on call should handle it.

The yoga teacher lost any sympathy I have when she referred to it as “understanding your body”. It’s freaking exercise, and it makes her sound like someone who doesn’t understand the work lives of the majority of people.

• RedOryx says:

“It’s freaking exercise”

Actually it’s not. There is a physical aspect to yoga, yes, but the underlying purpose is about body and soul connection. Not burning calories.

• Reno Raines says:

What do you think the majority of people in the class consider it? The people I know who do yoga consider it to be part of their exercise/work out regimen. Yes they say it helps with their stress, but I’ve never heard anyone mention a “body and soul connection”.

• RedOryx says:

That’s fine, but then they are pretty much missing the entire point of yoga. The word means “unite” and it’s purpose is to connect with the divine. It is, first and foremost, a spiritual discipline.

• coffee100 says:

” it’s possible that Facebook requires certain employees to be “on call” at all times”

RED ALERT! UNPASTE YOUR FACE FROM YOUR PHONE AND MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS! SOMEONE LOGGED OFF! RED ALERT! ZUCK TO THE BRIDGE!

Every morning, I do a little dance when I congratulate myself for not having a Facebook.

• ferozadh says:

I do a little dance every morning to get me flowing in the bathroom but that’s just me.

• Reno Raines says:

You might not like facebook or think it’s silly, but the fact is it’s a multi-million dollar business. Downtime, particularly on the IT side impacts a business’s bottom line. So yes, it’s quite possible a facebook employee has to be on call at all times to address IT issues, accounting issues, end of quarter sales issues, or anything else that will impact the business.

I know it’s a lot easier to just think a facebook employee being on call is stupid so good job.

23. Nicolaus99 says:

Um, the OP works AT Facebook, which apparently has someone there to teach Yoga on the side. Facebook is in the business of convincing people that they cannot ever be parted from their devices lest they perish, it’s part of their business model. Then she’s going to take umbrage at the sort of behavior her employer encourages and is surprised when she is fired. /sigh

• Snapdragon says:

I got the impression that the teacher works for a third-party company contracted to teach yoga on business campuses, including Facebook. (We have a company who runs a gym on site–they are not employees of my company.) I don’t think it’s unreasonable in teaching a yoga class to request setting the teaching atmosphere that best benefits all. The fact that her employer was not willing to stand up for her for making a reasonable request of her students (for a series of classes for which Facebook is probably paying good money!) suggests that she’s probably better off elsewhere.

Alternately, it’s also possible they wanted to fire her and used this as an excuse to do so.

24. daemonaquila says:

Idiots. Well, I hope she gets a better next job.

Look – if you run a class, especially one that teaches relaxation techniques or something similar, you get to make the rules. Other people get disrupted, not only the student. The center’s attitude that “we prefer to say yes whenever possible” is bunk. That’s harmful to the services they’re providing, and undermines the professionalism of a teacher. If you want to play on Facebook during yoga class, go watch a video and quit wasting the teacher’s and other students’ time.

• Snapdragon says:

Yes, this. Thank you.

• RedOryx says:

“Other people get disrupted, not only the student.”

Thank you. I think this is the part that people who don’t practice yoga aren’t getting.

• who? says:

Finally. Someone sensible. It’s a *yoga* class. Not stretching, spinning, pilates, or boot camp. Part of yoga is the mind body connection, and if some yahoo (whoops, wrong company) is doing something distracting (and yes, playing with the phone is distracting), then it isn’t good for the class as a whole.

Yoga teacher is better off without FB. She should go find a job where the students actually want what she has to share.

25. Sarek says:

I guess no one will “like” her.

26. TestingLitmus says:

I’m not sure I see why this is surprising. In a corporate setting (especially one like Facebook offices), people are generally expected to be attached to their e-mail or Instant Messaging. This is especially true if you’re a low to mid level person dealing with upper management, you’d be amazed at how many of them rely on things like MSN or BBM for quick answers when they’re in meetings.

She was brought in as a perk to employees to help them relax and increase their productivity. If she makes employees feel uncomfortable for a non-intrusive activity she’s failing in her primary function.

I can’t see her finding work in any kind of integrated corporate setting if this is how she approaches things. If it was something optional that they let her run after work hours on her lonesome fine, but chances are good this was in the middle of a work day and was conceived of to give employees a break from the grind of the day.

This wasn’t some workplace training thing (or skills improvement) that Facebook would have cared about for it’s content. The fact that she’s bad-mouthing her client after the fact is spectacular though, I see a very bright future with this one filled with many more lucrative offers. Which prospective employer wouldn’t want their company maligned by a glorified gym teacher?

How did this even get greenlit? Yoga coach is fired after failing to perform what the company hired her to do? And then complained about her client afterwards?

27. CharlesFarley says:
  28. CalicoGal says:

I always hope for a plate to slip off a bar and smash someone’s phone who set it on the floor beside them.
    CANNOT WAIT!!!

29. NanoDog says:

She’s my new hero…

“no phones” if you don’t like it take another class.. instead the over-privileged employee messes with her life, which subsequently gets her canned..

hope she feels good about herself

30. abeja says:

I think we can all learn something from Mr. Cheezle (Grandmas Boy)

31. humphrmi says:

I think that there could have been a better way of handling this. If she felt it was important to ask her students to turn off their phones, she could have made her case to management first and then the request would have had management backing when she made it. Or, if they didn’t back it, then she would have known sooner that it wouldn’t work out there, and could have found somewhere else to work. At the end of the day, they hired her … they make the rules.

32. SteveHolt says:

Having taken many yoga classes, I can say that one person dicking with a phone IS disturbing. Yes, even if the phone is silent. There’s rustling, inevitable sighs and groans, etc. If you can’t be away from your phone for a few minutes, don’t take a yoga class.

I don’t think the teacher deserved to be fired over asking the class to put away phones, and then giving someone a knowing look. Someone shoots you a look and you have them fired? What kind of entitled asshole are you? If Facebook wants to have their employees using phones during yoga time, tell the teacher that she has to allow it; don’t just fire her.

One more reason Facebook can fuck right off.

• whogots is "not computer knowledgeable" says:

Even discounting rustling and whatnot, it upsets me when someone’s rude to the teacher.

• longfeltwant says:

“If you can’t be away from your phone for a few minutes, don’t take a yoga class.”

If you can’t abide teaching some people who want to be on their phones during class, then don’t take a job teaching yoga at Facebook. Lucky for the teacher in this story, she got what she wanted, in that she no longer has to teach such classes. One might expect this teacher to be quite glad that she no longer has to teach students whom she thinks are so rude.

“What kind of entitled asshole are you?”

Probably the kind whose job is literally to run the world’s most visited website at every single minute of every single day. Those jobs exist and are staffed by human beings, and this teacher was working for one of them, and couldn’t handle it. Again, she should be happy, she got what she wanted, which was to not teach that kind of entitled asshole, the kind whose jobs require them to be on call at all times.

33. carlogesualdo says:

I recently took a class under someone who had a big hangup about cell phone use. The teacher disturbed the class more with her admonishments than the “offender” did.

34. Peri Duncan says:

I am an emergency responder for the government. I am on call 24/7. Using the logic expressed by some here means I can never take a yoga class, get a massage, do a college course, attend church, etc, because my phone is on vibrate and I may have to look at it. I cannot turn it off for an hour because a lost hour can have serious consequences.

Because my life is stressful, I need the opportunity to relax during yoga or massage, and if I am lucky I will make it through without interruption. If I’m not lucky, it is no business of the masseuse who is getting paid whether I relax or not. It is not the business of the yoga teacher, because she is getting paid. If the other yoga students are watching me look at my phone, then they are not properly engaged in their body/mind connection, and that is not my fault.

My employer pays for onsite training and classes during business hours. Everyone there is in the same boat and understands that the needs of the government take precedence, so if one of us has to leave to take a call, we all know that’s the price of the free course. Same goes for the Facebook people. They are getting a free class on company time, and know what the limits are for themselves and the other employees, some of whom may have to leave for business matters. This teacher gets her salary either way. None of her business.

That said, we don’t even know that this FB employee was on her phone for business or pleasure. She could have been tied to her phone due to child care problems, a family illness, or some other important issue. I know that when my father was slowly dying, I really needed to be reachable at all times AND I really needed opportunities to relax and care for my own well-being. Who is this teacher (or us) to make assumptions and judge?

• jiubreyn says:

Your situation is different. Not to mention that most people will understand if you explain why your phone must be on at all times.

This employee didn’t say anything about needing to have her phone on when asked to turn it off. She simply finished what she was doing and put it down.

Now, I don’t know you but I’m pretty sure you would say something about needing your phone at all times. The rest is irrelevant.

• iakkai says:

What an incredibly rude and entitled attitude.
      Do you also check your phone in cinemas?

• iakkai says:

What an incredibly rude and entitled attitude.
      Do you also check your phone in cinemas?
      Never mind the disruption your interlude on the phone may cause other students but Yoga (and acutally most exercise) is not really something you can stop start. If done properly it should be uninterrupted and have your full focus.
      The instructor had asked them to not use their devices. The choice to use it shows an incredible lack of respect. Or is it really ok for kids to start texting in the middle of school?
      If facebook employees really aren’t able to take an hour away to focus on a class then Facebook shouldn’t offer them. I would never teach anyone anything who is not prepared to pay attention.

35. dark_inchworm says:

She’d be out of a job anyway when Facebook inevitably pulls a Myspace. It may not happen very soon, but I don’t doubt that it will happen.

36. rlmiller007 says:

Really?? You’re at Facebook teaching a class of Facebook employees and you can’t figure out that one of them may use a phone to access Facebook? Sorry you got fired but talk about biting the hand that feeds you.