IHOP Apologizes For Waitress Who Mocked Woman With Huntington’s

Earlier this week, we told you about the engaged couple who had gone to IHOP with the intention of enjoying a nice pancake dinner, only to end up with a waitress who treated them horribly, mocking the woman’s Huntington’s disease and referring to her to other employees as a “junkie.” The couple had received a half-hearted apology from the manager back in March, but none of the promised follow-up. Then the Internet got involved…

All of our e-mails to IHOP executives about this story bounced back as undeliverable so we took the story to Twitter yesterday, asking the restaurant chain for some help in getting a comment.

Oddly enough, the IHOP Twitter account never replied to our Tweet, but did reply to a bunch of our Twitter followers who demanded a response.

“What happened is just plain wrong. We are investigating this matter & will take corrective actions,” read the chain’s response to those who Tweeted about the Consumerist story.

And it looks like the IHOP people weren’t just blowing smoke up the Internet’s derriere, as the man who originally wrote us about the incident wrote in with a nice little update.

“At 5 p.m. today, the franchise owner of that particular IHOP contacted us,” writes Dan.

And since we never gave IHOP Dan or his fiancee’s contact information, this means that the couple’s original complaint was easy to find in the IHOP inbox and the company knew it had never done a proper follow-up on the matter, instead leaving it to a franchise manager.

“He told us that IHOP did not contact him until today, when he received a few pretty frantic calls, and he and his wife wanted to reach out,” writes Dan.

Regarding the “night manager” who wouldn’t get involved during the original incident, the owner clarified that this person wasn’t even a proper supervisor.

“We didn’t want to cost anyone their job,” Dan explains, “but he impressed on us the sensitivity training they were given that they obviously need to retake.”

He says the owner was going to overnight them a bunch of IHOP gift cards, though Dan isn’t sure if he and his fiancee are going to use them.

Dan says he’s okay with the owner’s apology and attempt to reach out but is still mad that he and his fiancee never heard back from anyone at IHOP HQ.

“Considering it was THEM we reported this too, and THEM who are supposed to handle these things, we’re still pretty upset that they didn’t handle anything or reach out,” he explains. “Not even a, ‘Hey, sorry we messed up.” After all, really, when it left the restaurant, it became their problem.”

“Also, my fiancee and I wanted to thank everyone for their support,” adds Dan. “Especially the ones who took the time to e-mail IHOP or post on their Facebook, no matter how briefly the posts stayed up. It’s nice to know that at least someone has our backs.”

Comments

1. prosumer1 says:

Bad PR move on IHOP. If this was brought to my attention, and I was upper management, this would have been taken care of within the same day. She should have never been treated like that. This is not about being politically correct. This is about being a decent human being.

• suez says:

I’m not sure how being PC and being a decent human being are mutually exclusive of one another. Not making fun of someone because of their sex or skin color or heritage seems like a decent thing to do, too.

2. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Still waiting for the waitress to be fired.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

She should be.

• minjche says:

Yeah if the OP’s story is all accurate, I really cant see how she shouldn’t lose her job (and have all of her co-workers be re-trained). She crossed the line of being able to keep the job and sit through re-training on sensitivity.

Side note: I just ate at an IHOP near Laplace, LA on Wednesday and our waitress was very friendly. Downright cool, even.

• chefboyardee says:

i wholeheartedly agree. and deny her unemployment. what a scumbag excuse for a human being she is. seriously.

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

I dunno how it works in the US, but here, you can’t collect unemployment if you were fired from your last job. You have to be laid off.

• AustinTXProgrammer says:

It varies by state, but for “At will” states they can let you go for ANY reason whatsover. If it is they don’t need you anymore, or your just not the right fit than you can get unemployment. It’s on the employer to provide a justifiable reason to deny unemployment.

• TheCorporateGeek Says Common Sense Is The Key says:

And here in Texas it is pretty easy for the employer to justify dismissal. If you’re a douchebag employee, most companies know and keep documentation about it.

• Sudonum says:

Supposed to be the same way here, but it doesn’t always work that way. Fired an employee for theft. They applied for unemployment. We denied it on the grounds he stole from the company. He appealed. Judge (commissioner or whatever) ruled in the employees favor stating the he “…had a momentary lapse in judgement…” when he stole. I replied that we had a momentary lapse in judgement when we hired him. I don’t think I helped our case. This was in California in the ’80’s. YMMV.

• drjayphd says:

Not in CT. I got fired from a job in 2009, under rather dubious circumstances. (I was full-time, but they advertised the job as part-time after canning me, and the only specific thing they could cite was untrue.) Immediately applied for unemployment, and they didn’t fight it. The only thing I had to wait on was that they paid me for my unused vacation time or something.

• evilpete says:

NASA, send her to a week of intensive ” sensitivity training “.

After that she’ll quit…

• MerlynNY says:

If I were IHOP, I’d force her to take the sensitivity training and then fire her. What a low-life.

• Jules Noctambule says:

Former server here, and I agree completely. I wouldn’t want to work with anyone like that myself, much less subject customers to them.

• jiubreyn says:

Ditto. I was a server for several years and can understand the horseplay and jokes that are tossed around but this one was over the line. Poorly handled by everyone except for the Franchise manager.

3. AtlantaCPA says:

Sounds almost like IHOP corporate didn’t want to touch it no matter what and wanted the franchise owner to handle it to shield them from liability?

4. Smiley Massacre says:

It doesn’t matter who you are, you should never mock someone with a disability or health issue to their face, especially an employee at an establishment meant to serve the public.

What should be done is to fire the waitress in question, retrain the staff and make sure that there is always a manager on shift. There’s no excuse to not have this in place already.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

The franchise owner should probably be scolded by corporate for not having a manager on site at all times.

• Here to ruin your groove says:

From the original story, he only saw the mocking from an employee only area of the restaurant. Don’t get me wrong, she was definitely out of line. The waitress however didn’t do this to her face.

“I walked around and didn’t see anyone, so I approached the kitchen door which has a glass partition on one side, around which I could see and hear our server, but apparently she couldn’t see me.

She was mimicking my fiancee’s tremors and laughing, and asked the other server if he could bring “the disgusting junkie” the bill, among some other interesting phrases.”

• crispyduck13 says:

No she was an asshole to the woman’s face as well, maybe not in such an obvious verbal way, but there it is.

• Bonster says:

Yeah, but remember that she also stuck her hand in the woman’s face when she tried to order and refused to provide standard services (a cloth to clean up a spill, a straw, etc.). Maybe not direct mocking, but she showed her true face, certainly.

• framitz says:

You missed the fact that the biatch waitress put her hand in front of the woman’s face and actually made contact while avoiding looking at her.

• Doubting thomas says:

“It doesn’t matter who you are, you should never mock someone with a disability or health issue to their face”

So is it OK to mock them behind their back?

5. homehome says:

Me personally as a man, I wouldn’t sit there and let some one continuous disrespect my wife.

• Costner says:

Just out of curiosity, what would you have done?

I see a few options… you could (A) raise your voice at the server and pseudo supervisor/manager which would likely make you look like a dick to all the other patrons and would create a scene.

(B) Storm out of there without paying, at which point they would probably report your license plate number down and have your arrested for theft aka: dine and dash.

(C) Storm out of there by paying, which wouldn’t actually solve anything because not only would they not know what they did wrong, but the server would never be held accountable for her actions.

(D) Punch someone and/or threaten to punch someone which likely could land you in handcuffs.

(E) Handle the situation with as much grace as possible, and voice your concerns to management and IHOP corporate… and if need be a website like Consumerist so others don’t have to suffer the same fate as you did.

Seems to me the OP took the high road and chose option E. I’d say that makes him more of a “man” than most other people, and he handled the sitution in a mature manner while not stooping to the level of those who mistreated him and his fiancee.

• Doubting thomas says:

I disagree, there are other options available than bend over and take it and write a letter later.
        While my first instinct would be to knock the loud mouthed bitch’s teeth out, I doubt I would actually do it unless provoked a bit further.
        What I would do is hit her in the wallet. I would make the loud scene in the middle of the floor demanding that the waitress repeat her disgusting junkie comment for everyone to hear. Make sure every one of her tables knew what a judgmental ignorant idiot she was and if I had the time I would stay all night and tell every table that sat in her section what she had done and said. When the manager asked me to leave I would remind him that he wasn’t a real manager.

• homehome says:

I would’ve left, I’m not a person a who’s gonna start running around punching people or even writings letters, I just stop going to a place and make sure my money isn’t going to them. If I was in that situation, that would piss me off, I’d get up and leave and if there was a bill I’d pay for what I used and be out. Simple.

• Costner says:

That’s probably what most people would do… but to some degree that is a disservice to others who might deal with these same people in the future. I’d rather at least voice my concerns to management so I can say I tried – if they fail to act upon it that is their problem.

Either way I probably wouldn’t go back though… I’m with you on that one.

• 401k says:

(F) loudly vocalize to the entire restaurant that this waitress is being rude and disrespectful towards your fiance because of her meical condition and that you don’t intend to tip her and any other patrons who are sympathetic to the situation should also not offer a gratuity.

wanna make a point to waitress? they live off tips, so take that away from them.

• Costner says:

I like how you think. I couldn’t do it (not my style), but I’d support anyone who did.

• iesika says:

That could easily be even more embarrassing for the person being mocked than the mocking was, since it’s so public.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

This is what I would have done. I wouldn’t be embarrassed. i would get a kick out of making the waitress the subject of the rest of the restaurant’s judgement. Generally, people don’t tolerate the mistreatment of “weaker” people. I’ve seen situations like this before where a scene was made by the person being abused and others got angry/involved. It generally makes a big impression and ends up making the abuser look like a fool.

• Doubting thomas says:

Disrespect might not warrant physical violence, but as soon as the waitress touched my wife’s face (as told in the original article), she might have had some fingers broken.

• Jules Noctambule says:

I certainly wouldn’t be impressed if my husband (or any man) thought they needed to defend me from someone being an asshole; I get to decide when I’m offended. When someone has crossed the line with me they find out soon enough, no need to help.

• dolemite says:

The “she disrespected me” defense doesn’t really fly well when the cops arrive. The OP complained to the supervisor at the time. That’s about all you can do without creating a disturbance and possibly end up charged with something.

• Doubting thomas says:

when the cops arrive? Why would you hang around. It takes 15 seconds to punch someone in the face and walk out the door. Police response times where I live are measured in hours.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

You don’t have to be loud an abusive to be chivalrous. There are ways to get your point across without yelling. The guy never said anything about hitting or yelling. He just said he would be a man about it and stick up for the person he loves. I know many women who would do that for the man they love, or their child, parent, etc…

• Excuse My Ambition Deficit Disorder says:

I think your wife has and should use the ability to speak for herself. She’s not a child nor should be treated as such. My wife is a black belt so she speaks for me and is the folder of the family jewels.

• sendbillmoney says:

So what would you “personally as a man” do?

Are you saying that you’d respond “personally as a man” to disrespect from this woman by using physical violence? Sounds like a great way to get criminal charges and sued.

As you saying that you’d respond “personally as a man” to disrespect from this woman by being loud and vehement and generally intimidating? Again, sounds like a police call.

How exactly would you “personally as a man” prevent this disrespect?

I, personally, as a man … I’m married to an adult who is capable of speaking on her own behalf. If someone is rude to her, I’ll just sit back and watch. It’s her deal, not mine.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

Chivalry is not a bad thing. It’s not evil, misogynistic, or anything else wrong. It’s a sign of respect and caring.

I know that my own husband, as a man, would have told this woman that she was behaving like a terrible human being and making fun of a woman who suffered from a terrible fatal disease that she couldn’t help. He would have made the waitress feel about 2 inches tall. I personally would have feigned crying and made a scene of it. I would have gone on loudly about having a fatal disease and being treated like a junkie. By the time we were both done, the entire store would have made that waitress feel like complete and utter garbage. No yelling would be needed. I have a flair for theatrics. I am actually a very good customer overall (as opposed to difficult.) I rarely have issues anywhere I go as I believe in treating people with respect but in that situation, I would have done what I could to make that woman feel as shitty as humanly possible.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

Apparently, sticking up for the person you love is not respected much here. I for one think it’s great that you would stick up for your significant other. I get what you are saying about the being a man thing. While I can stick up for myself, I have always appreciated a good strong man who is willing to defend the honor of his lady. Old fashioned? Yes. But so what?

6. hmburgers says:

Glad the franchise owner called, though I wonder if some of his sincerity was spurred by the “frantic” calls he received from IHOP HQ–I’m guessing it went something like “we’ll bury you if you don’t fix this”.

Dan keep saying he doesn’t want this cost someone their job, but I’ll be honest, I think it should cost that waitress her job, which is something I don’t often agree with.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

There have been a few times that I haven’t complained b/c I did not want someone to lose their job. Once, I did want someone to lose their job b/c she accused me of being a medication seeker b/c I lost my thyroid pills (I think they fell out of my car.) She was incredibly out of line. She did get fired. In this case, I do think the waitress deserves to lose her job. She is a terrible human being and does not deserve the privilege of a job serving others.

7. Clyde Barrow says:

This does not surprise me. I’ve noticed this attitude with a lot of younger, just out of high school aged girls in my area also. I even work with some. For some reason, no matter what you say, they have this same attitude as though the line shines out of their asses but you? You’re beneathe them and on top of this they act proud of themselves for acting out this way. Are our high schools and teachers perpetuating this mentality?

• homehome says:

You must not have been to a high school recently. They’re babying the crap out of those kids. Hand holding, coddling, all that. And they’ve limited pretty much anything that teachers can do to them. Many of them will have a rude awakening when they got to the real world.

• 8bithero says:

Simply put, this is because of out litigious happy nation.

Johnny didn’t fail math because Johnny is an idiot. He failed because the teacher was mean. SUE THE SCHOOL!!

Susie didn’t fail to get into Harvard because she had poor grades, she failed to get into Harvard because the school didn’t prepare her properly. SUE THE SCHOOL!!

The younger generation thinks the world owes them because my generation is a bunch of sue happy jackasses that thinks every problem we have is the fault of somebody else.

That’s why the schools coddle kids. They fear lawsuits.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

This x 1000. As a teacher, I can assure you that parents tie up so much time nit picking every little thing b/c they don’t want to teach their kids to be functional human beings that many schools have just rolled over and given up. It’s exhausting having to field parent phone calls about everything. I actually had a parent accost me in the halls because the child behind him was allowed to use notes. She demanded I explain this to her. I took great pleasure in denying her an explanation b/c it was in the child’s IEP. He had a very poor short term memory and literally couldn’t remember things. I told her that discussing other students was against the law and that she would have to talk to the principal. I also told her that she needed to check in at the front desk instead of entering the school illegally by sneaking in. I never heard about her or from her again. That was one of the few cases where I was allowed to stick it to an obnoxious parent.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

“Behind him”, meaning her child. I will never forget her kid even though it was 10 years ago. Biggest, whiniest special snowflake that was ever created. I have never met a more entitled little asshole in my life.

• Jules Noctambule says:

Teenage girls were obnoxious brats back when I was in high school, long before this ‘coddling’ phase took off. I think it’s just a default state of being for some people.

• TheMansfieldMauler says:

I don’t think it’s schools and teachers. It’s parents, or more specifically mothers.

It used to be mothers taught their daughters to be nice girls and they would get a good man. Whatever else I say along those lines will only bring cries of “misogynist!” from the peanut gallery, but suffice to say that isn’t the case any more by a long shot.

• southpaw1971 says:

Welcome to today’s generation. These kids were raised wrong. They get trophies just for showing up. They play soccer matches with parents who refuse to keep score because someone’s feelings might get hurt. They were told they were winners by their helicopter parents and treated like even their shit was pure gold.

This generation is going to be in for a world of hurt when the real world teaches them they’re not anybody special. But until these little snots learn that, the rest of us have to deal with their lousy attitudes. Thanks, parents.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

At my child’s school, no one gets trophies for anything. No field day ribbons, no end of year awards ceremonies, b/c it might hurt everyone’s feelings to find out that other kids do better and work harder than they do. It’s complete and utter BS. I have a kid who would get awards and has to be rooked out of it b/c the mediocre kids parents can’t handle the truth.

• Kuri says:

The Jersey Shore is still on the air.

There’s your answer.

• jenolen2161 says:

I can assure you it’s not the teachers perpetuating this. It’s the parents.

• justhypatia says:

I’m sorry, but WTF?

This waitresses behaviour has nothing to do with her age or her school and everything to do with the fact that she’s an asshole.

it might have something to do with her parents, because assholes do have a tendency to raise assholes. Only because they too, would have gotten a kick out of treating someone they saw as below them poorly. Not because they micromanaged their kid’s after school activities.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

I was with you until you started blaming teachers and schools. How utterly ridiculous. Kids behave that way because their parents treat them like precious snowflakes. I can assure you that principals and teachers alike are also victims of precious snowflake behavior. We certainly don’t support it.

Please stop perpetuating the ignorance that is blaming teachers and schools for everything, literally.

8. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

The IHOP HQ fools still badly bobbled this one since they handed it off to the franchise owner with no comment to the two victims.

Sensitivity training? Sounds like the Bitch Waitress and the Not-A-Proper-Supervisor will get paid to sleep through the sensitivity training video again.

• Hibyeman says:

i am thinking the franchisee would sit in on training but i am also thinking how someone smart enough not to say it to the entire restaurant would be stupid enough to be so rude or was it just a mean little girl

9. Vox Republica says:

You can look high and low, far and wide, and you will never be able to match the quality of Sensitivity Training-brand bullshit. Sensitivity Training is the purest, most distilled of bullshits, twice filtered through the digestive tract of a Brahman specially bred for their aromatic, nuanced shit. Sensitivity Training then hand-packs their bullshit directly into your eyes and ears, ensuring that no matter what the occasion, you’ll always have your fill of Sensitivity Training. That’s Sensitivity Training: bullshit for the bullshit connoisseur.

• Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

My goodness.

• Stickdude says:

Michael Scott, is that you?

• Coleoptera Girl says:

This is quite possibly the best comment I have read in months… anywhere on the internet.

• rookie says:

For several days now, I’ve read with joy the impressive perception you bring to these conversations.
      And now, because of yer visible lack of sensitivity to the eyes of the entire interweb, (i.e., “shit”) you will be assigned Sensitivity Training II.
      Bon Voyage, and good luck…

• MMD says:

+ one million internets to you.

10. donovanr says:

All chain restaurant employees should feel free to abuse and make fun of anyone who has succumbed to millions of dollars in ad brainwashing and not bothered to check something like yelp to see if there is a quality locally owned establishment within a mile. When eating out the PR department should be the owner sitting in the corner doing the books.

You must remember that with most large companies employees and customers are irritations that must be dealt with. Think about it: If they could pay their employees less they would and if they could charge you more they would.

I get the feeling from many small restaurants that they like what they do and are grateful that you came by.

11. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

The “night manager” could have avoided all this by doing the standard profuse ass kissing apology and then the standard laughing & “don’t worry about it” with employees after the complainer leaves.

• whogots is "not computer knowledgeable" says:

… Except that he wasn’t a manager, so he couldn’t comp the meal. Even with asskissing, failing to comp the meal would have tipped off the OP that there was still something amiss.

12. sp4rxx says:

“He was incredibly apologetic, and completely disgusted,” says Dan about the franchisee, who spoke to Dan’s fiancee for about 45 minutes. “He seemed sincere, and very emotional about it, promising that he’d stepped in.”

Um ya – he doesn’t want to be sued!

13. mszabo says:

Personally I’d say the response given seems better than any kind of corporate apology you could have received. Frankly receiving an apology and a couple of gift cards from the corporate office and a promise that things would be looked at is the standard form apology.

Instead what you got is evidence that the Corporate HQ was bitch slapping their franchise owner who was responsible for the problem. They are making the franchise give the gift cards so it directly effects that franchise’s bottom line, and not the chain as a whole where there are presumably many ‘good’ IHOPs who would have handled it better.

An apology is nice, but seeing something actually done about the problem seems better to me.

14. dootsie says:

I’ve never dealt with a situation quite as horrific as this one, but every complaint I’ve ever had about a franchised restaurant, the company-at-large has said that it’s up to the individual franchise owner to handle any local situation. Not always a satisfactory response, but it doesn’t seem to be a particular slight against YOU here. I’m sure some people would prefer to hear from the local owner to know exactly what they were going to do about it–the company probably doesn’t have the ability to fire someone.

15. samjung23 says:

The waitress needs to be fired, I’m sorry.

16. nsv says:

This is still better treatment than we got when Panera treated my mother like crap when we stopped there after chemotherapy. There was no one in the store to talk to, and Panera never bothered to reply to my email. Maybe I should have gone the “public shaming” route.

17. eccsame says:

Now if only companies would respond to complaints with such interest without having to get the Consumerist involved. If a company only cares once they get called out its too little too late, IMO. Damage done.

If Dan doesn’t use the gift cards, he should donate them to his local homeless shelter – show that waitress what a real junkie looks like.

/not saying all homeless people are junkies
    /but a lot of junkies are homeless

18. maratama says:

Not a problem…I am an Aries, and injustice to those who are ill and fragile just pisses me the hell off. I really hope that the server involved does it to the wrong person…just once is usually all it takes….Have an awesome life and a healthy baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sendbillmoney says:

What does your being an Aries have to do with the intensity of your response to injustice to ill, fragile people? Are you saying that those not born during that one-month period will have a less pronounced response to such mistreatment?

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

What does your sign have to do with carrying about others? I am not an Aries and am compassionate to a fault. My daughter is a Scorpio and is as well. My mom is a Leo and is the same. Compassion is generally something that is learned, not determined by the constellations in the sky when you were born.

19. lvdave says:

The ONLY apology that *I* would accept would be one from the asshat employee, done from her knees, then if it sounded sincere, perhaps I’d not press for her to be fired. Everybody needs $$$ coming in, but with an attitude like she appears to have, her tips have GOT to be meager…

20. Happy Tinfoil Cat says:

“Retraining?!?” That’s all? Corporate doesn’t even lift a finger. No policy changes? No personnel changes? No “manager” on duty, still?

Last time I was at IHOP I counted nearly 50 employees. No manager?

Sorry guys, I’m just not that forgiving. I will never step foot in another IHOP until there are major changes, which probably means “never” since IHOP didn’t lift a pinky.

21. Nowaxz says:

—————————-

Dan is way too kind. I think sensitivity training is wasted on this person. She should be fired, fired, fired. That kind of behavior was WAY out of line. She obviously doesn’t understand the concept of “waiting” on someone. If you are in a service industry, unless someone is rude or violent, you should pretend that every person on which you are waiting is a King or Queen. Even if you think they are a drug addict. If you can’t do that, you shouldn’t be in that business.

By the way, when is it OK to treat a drug addict this way?

Also, the way IHOP handled this situation means they have lost my business.

22. Stephen says:

When I first read the headline, I thought it was about Huntington Bank. I would make fun of them for using Huntington too.

23. crbullseye says:

Our family quit going to national chains along time ago. These chains have sub-par food and indifferent employees. We support our locally owned eateries even though they may a cost a little more!

24. pythonspam says:

“”What happened is just plain wrong. We are investigating this matter & will take corrective actions,” read the chain’s response to those who Tweeted about the Consumerist story. “

This (and the follow-up) is the difference between “taking this matter seriously” and actually taking the matter seriously.

25. Uphoria says:

IMO, use the gift cards. What IHOP did was wrong, but what the local franchise owner did was right, with the right info. use the cards to see if you can get good service when you are short on cash, or get food to-go using them.

otherwise, use them at the same place for the satisfaction of having them make enough food to use up the gift cards, and then leaving it with the pile of cards on top, that would leave an impression.

26. hdawareness says:

The IHOP people should contact the person running the local http://www.HDSA.org Support group. They would be happy to direct them to one of their Families who may have a person in a nursing home setting to stop by and visit them. This will truly make the person think again before using such misguided words like “junkie” when in the presence of someone with a neorological condition. Maybe this person may even become an advocate for persons with Huntington’s Disease and set a positive example to the other wait staff. We can only hope that the fact that so many people got involved after this acticle was written, that it can be used as a tool to help create the much needed awareness about Huntington’s Disease. Thank you again for writing the article, we need more of them !!! The HD Community has many incredible stories to tell. My best to you.