Waiter Kindly Lets Cook Know That He Has A Tendency To F*&k Up The Eggs Benedict

Think of all the times you may have complained to restaurant servers that your food was prepared poorly or incorrectly. Then think of all the times in a single day that same server has had to take complaints and re-do orders back to the kitchen. At least one waiter out there decided to put his feelings in writing.

Over at PassiveAgressiveNotes.com, a reader submitted the photo seen here for an order of Eggs Benedict with the note from server to cook: “PLEASE DON’T F**K IT UP THIS TIME.”

The woman who submitted the picture — and works in the restaurant where this all went down — says that one server “has had some issues with the cooks not reading his tickets correctly.”

At least it’s good to know that the person serving your food is trying to fight the good fight on your behalf. That is, unless he leaves a note with your bill saying “Don’t be such a f-ing cheapskate.”

A one-two brunch [PassiveAgressiveNotes.com]

Comments

1. chefboyardee says:

source is missing http:// and tries to load on consumerist.com

2. Blueskylaw says:

Did something bad happen to the OP?

3. Princess Beech loves a warm cup of treason every morning says:

Nice. Very nice. I wonder how bad the previous eggs Benedict experience was to warrant this note.

• some.nerd says:

Must’ve been Egg Beaters Benedict…

• Stannous Flouride says:

Most likely the eggs were over-cooked. Poaching eggs when you’re cooking short order gets a bit tricky when it gets busy.

Other than that, it’s just a toasted muffin, a grilled slab of Canadian bacon, and Hollandaise sauce.
      It is possible to screw up Hollandaise but that would be more than F-ing up an order.

4. wade says:

The sad thing is that adding that note makes the kitchen more likely to mess it up. Intentionally.

5. Hungry Dog says:

The problem with being a waiter is they are the person that is the focus of anger when the cook screws up the order. As a consumer I accept screw ups from time to time and just deal with it in a reasonable manner, unless the worker is a total douche, then it turns into a game of up the ante.

• Doubting thomas says:

That is because it is the waiter’s fault if it reaches your tables and it is wrong, at least most of the time. Part of a waiters job is to check the order before delivering it.

• Mark702 says:

Bingo.

• MarkFL says:

Sometimes you have to actually taste the food to know if the order is messed up. But I sympathize with the wait staff, who are often effectively messengers.

I once went to dinner with my uncle and cousins, who are generally really nice people. A couple of them felt the meat was too rare, and I was rather shocked when they asked, “Could I please have my meat cooked?”

• Kat says:

Depends on where you work. When I was at Chili’s, an expeditor would assemble your order and the first available server would run it to the table.

• dks64 says:

This. Also, you can’t tell for sure if the burger is Medium until it’s cut open. Or the steak. It irritates me when the cook messes up, then the expo doesn’t catch it or runs out the wrong food.

6. CrazyEyed says:

Love that website. Hey, when cooks screw up your order, sometimes it reflects in your tip. If the cook was well known to mess up orders I’d probably be a little pissed off too.

7. ferozadh says:

Don’t ever complain about food in a restaurant. If you don’t like it, go somewhere else. Or you can watch the movie Waiting and decide for yourself.

8. SavijMuhdrox says:

Rich: Dave, can I get a re-fire?
    Dave: What did you just say to me?
    Rich: The guy at table five wants it cooked a little bit more.
    Dave: No! They asked for it medium rare. It’s perfect. If he wants it cooked more, tell him to go shove it up his ass.
    Rich: You want me to tell that guy to cook this in his ass?
    Dave: Yeah, within the inside of his anus.

9. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

So, I guess this means the spit goes in the eggs the first time around, not the second time from the kitchen.

10. GoldVRod says:

Whenever I see “Eggs Benedict” I can’t help but think of Templeton “Faceman” Peck!

11. some.nerd says:

Blog post is now password-protected. Booo-urns!

12. ChuckECheese says:

I recently ate at a lower-upper end eyetalian place where they screwed up 3 different things we ordered, one of them twice. I cornered the waiter and asked exactly what was going on, be honest. He said the kitchen staff is illiterate and can’t read the orders that come in (they’re displayed on an LCD).

13. Mad Monk says:

This is a case in point for the server to notify Management. So that Mngt. and handle it on the back end instead of the front end by comping meals, ect. A cook seeing this is going to say F.U. and do it again most of the time. With Mngt. involved the problem could be nipped in the bud.