We Now Live In A World Where Hot Dogs Are Stuffed Into Pizza Crust

It’s already unfair that the United Kingdom gets to brag about David Beckham, having a queen and lots of old castles, but now they’ve got another one up on the rest of us with a new offering from Pizza Hut: Pizza crust stuffed with a hot dog. Bring it on over here and let us Americans take a closer look.

Pizza Hut’s site touts the undoubtedly delicious, artery-clogging offering as such (via Fox News): “Succulent hot dog sausage bursting from our famous stuffed crust, with a FREE Mustard Drizzle.”

You had us at FREE Mustard Drizzle. Actually, we might as well admit we were smitten at sausage.

The spread of the hot dug crust pizza has been slow-going, as it first appeared in Thailand and Japan years ago. That has planted some small kernel of hope in us that the pizza will make its way across the pond so we can witness it firsthand and with our own inquiring stomachs.

At least we can brag about the Doritos Locos Tacos at Taco Bell, right?

Pizza Hut introduces hot dog stuffed crust pizza in the U.K. [Fox News]

Comments

1. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

If they used those hotdogs filled with cheese, then we’ve got ourselves a meal!

(Make that a Meat Lovers pizza while you are at it!)

• webweazel says:

OOOOO….. I LIKE this idea. I dig those cheese-filled hot dogs in general.

Cheese-filled hot dogs baked in pizza dough. Big people’s pigs in a blanket? Gotta try it sometime!

• AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Better yet…maybe we can somehow make the pizza on corndog dough, fry the thing up, so it’s like corndog crust, but a traditional pizza on top.

• Jester6641 says:
    • some.nerd says:

“If they used those hotdogs filled with cheese, then we’ve got ourselves an instant heart attack!”

FTFY

2. MrMagoo is usually sarcastic says:

I see pizza crusts … stuffed with hot dogs,
    Succulent weiners … free mustard drizzles.
    And I think to myself … What a wonderful world!

3. Schildkrote says:

Flying cars? Personal jetpacks? Hologram computers?

No way. We’re in the future and we’ve got pizza where the crust is made of hot dogs.

4. Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

Hot dog in the crust? Probably the bland generic with no taste or texture. A Kosher dog would be a LITTLE better.

Now, throw in Italian sausage and I am in line this Friday evening (Passover ends and I can have bread again)

• RvLeshrac says:

If you’re not going to keep kosher, why do you bother with the other utterly ridiculous religious trappings?

• OutPastPluto says:

Not every religion likes to burn it’s heretics.

• finbar says:

The cool religions require snake handling.

• Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

The cool religions REQUIRE you to drink 4 glasses of wine to celebrate the Holy Days.

See: Passover Seder

• Yomiko says:

And don’t forget Purim, where you’re supposed to get drunk enough that you can’t tell apart the good guy and the bad guy.

• The Porkchop Express says:

wait a second. I don’t really have a religion, but I want to know what this is that I have to not only know that the bad guy is around but I have to drink enough to not know who he is.

Honestly.

• Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

Short version: The Jews avoided being wiped out in an area (once again), let’s have a party to celebrate.

Paragraph from the long version:

The villain of the story is Haman, an arrogant, egotistical advisor to the king. Haman hated Mordecai ( an important Jew in the area) because Mordecai refused to bow down to Haman, so Haman plotted to destroy the Jewish people. In a speech that is all too familiar to Jews, Haman told the king, “There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the peoples in all the provinces of your realm. Their laws are different from those of every other people’s, and they do not observe the king’s laws; therefore it is not befitting the king to tolerate them.” Esther 3:8. The king gave the fate of the Jewish people to Haman, to do as he pleased to them. Haman planned to exterminate all of the Jews.

and the full long version:

• The Porkchop Express says:

Ok, just read about it, I’m in. Just for that day though.

• Yomiko says:

I will answer this, actually. I made the decision to stop eating pork when I was about 13 and continued for 10 years. I didn’t abstain from eating pork because I thought it was evil or that God wanted me to or anything. It just kind of acted as a reminder of the culture of my family and ancestors. Every time I ordered something at a restaurant or something, I would have to have a conscious thought about it. Even now that I eat pork again, it’s still a novelty, so I get the same reminder effect.

Backtowaiting may be doing the same by making the effort to keep Passover every year. Keeping just a bit of something cool, like a picture in a scrap book.

• partofme says:

I’m actually also curious as to your point of view… but you shouldn’t have to respond to the utterly ridiculous hater down below.

• AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

For me, I tend to buy kosher hot dogs not because I’m avoiding pork, but because it’s the worst parts of the pig that are used. Hebrew National says they use good cuts of beef…and Ball Park Angus hotdogs taste pretty good (and don’t give me indigestion).

So often many people who have no interest in kosher products will buy kosher hot dogs because it’s just a better product.

• Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

I will be very upfront here. I am a Reform Jew and am primarily religious for the history, culture and background. Yes, I pick and choose what to observe. I do not believe, as strict Orthodox Jews do, that women should be segregated in Synagogues and celebrations. I have also chosen not to keep kosher (mmm, bacon).

However, observing what it arguably the most important Holy Days is important to me and my children. Passover is about the tradition and history of the Jewish people. It showcases that even if bad things happen, G-d will help us pull through and survive. Whether that is slavery in Egypt for 1,000 years, the Inquisition or The Holocaust.

• AllanG54 says:

Pesach doesn’t end until Saturday night. Friday was the first seder but Saturday was the first DAY, hence eight days from April 7 is April 15.

• Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

As I state below, I am a Reform Jew, From a Reform temple web site:

How Long is Passover?

The Book of Exodus says the following: “This day shall be to you one of remembrance; you shall celebrate it as a festival throughout the generations…seven days you shall eat unleavened bread…on the first day you shall hold a sacred convocation, and on the seventh day a sacred convocation; no work at all should be done on them…”

As you can see, the Torah indicates that Pesach is to last seven days and the first and last days of the holiday are to be special. For Reform Jews, that means holding services on the first and seventh days. For others, this means holding services on days 1 and 2 plus days 7 and 8.

Conservative and Orthodox Jews “double” the first and last days because, long ago when the Jewish calendar was set month by month, uncertainty about the exact date of festivals outside Israel arose. To be sure they “got it right,” early Jews therefore celebrated two days of the festival. That way they hoped not to miss the proper day.

Now that the calendar is fixed, Reform Jews have returned to the original biblical commandment. We celebrate Passover for seven days. Others have maintained the double days as a reminder of the way it used to be done.

5. YouDidWhatNow? says:

“It’s already unfair that the United Kingdom gets to brag about David Beckham, having a queen and lots of old castles…”

Beckham? Yeah, we had him. Sent him back.

Queens? Have you been to San Francisco?

Old castles? Mmmm…sure. We have old structures too though. Like the Anasazi ruins and Indian burial mounds.

“At least we can brag about the Doritos Locos Tacos at Taco Bell, right? “

Yuck.

…while the pizza itself is obviously just an unholy marriage of the pizza and the hot-dog-in-a-croissant thing your mom used to bake, the phrase “Succulent hot dog sausage” just seems…wrong somehow.

Pizza and hot dogs seem like such a non-sequitor that I’m not sure I’d want to try it. Seems rather desperate.

6. Exceptional Vampire Does Not Sparkle says:

…Code Geass style?

7. SavijMuhdrox says:

oiu&^adu iyw$#erf!!! [poster’s head just exploded]

8. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

Man, some people will cram anything down their pie holes.

9. MutantMonkey says:

I think I just had a heart attack, got diabetes and high blood pressure just from reading this article.

10. caradrake says:

I don’t think I’d be interested in trying this. Hot dogs and pizza is a combination I have never once had a craving for. It’d be like eating a slice of pizza and following up with a pig in a blanket.

To be honest, though, I don’t even like cheese stuffed crusts. Too much cheese, not enough flavor, and the overall result is overly greasy.

11. SkokieGuy says:

I find this especially amusing in light of the recent “pink slime” media outragegasm.

Exactly what do you think goes into a hot dog.

Also, I believe Mustard Drizzle was one of the unfortunate side effects of the Hamburgler’s recent prostate surgery.

12. ChaosOnion says:

There is no truer sign of the decay of US innovation can be found than the hot dog stuffed pizza. Developed in Thailand, no less! The Asian Tiger has finally encroached upon our final stronghold – COMFORT FOOD!

13. GMFish says:

That. Is. AWESOME!!!! (Which is saying a lot because it’s still Pizza Hut.)

14. MathMan aka Random Talker says:

Most insane Pigs-in-a-Blanket EVER!

15. Kuri says:

Well, Pizza Hut wins the food war. Everyone else can go home.

16. neilb says:

I hope Kraft is paying attention. Cheese alone is no longer sufficient.
    I want a pizza-stuffed hotdog…with mustard drizzle.

17. sirwired says:

Clearly the end is nigh.

18. LanMan04 says:

WANT!

19. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

The connoisseur in me is revolted.

The redneck in me wants two extra-large Deluxes.

20. Blueskylaw says:

I would enjoy this pizza better if the hot dog was
    also stuffed with cheeze, sausage and pepperoni.

21. Cat says:

Well, what you don’t know is that a steady diet of Weenie Tots would cause you to spend an eternity in the bathroom.

22. Lefturn says:

Coming soon: pizza with bacon in the crust.

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

S’cuse me, I have to hit the patent office on the way home…

• caradrake says:

But if you bake it in the crust, will it be nice and crisp? I’d rather it be on the outside, maybe a bacon-wrapped crust.

• Princess Beech loves a warm cup of treason every morning says:

I’d prefer a bacon crust. No more dough. Just a half-inch thick interwoven slabs of bacon, topped with your favorite topping.

23. Jester6641 says:

In 2005, I found this…

That’s bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed sausage (hot dog, really) and sour cream mashed potatoes. Not technically in the crust, but on it, but still.

That was in Thailand, somewhere. Possibly Koh Samui. Or Bangkok. It’s been 6 years, forgive me.

24. Sean says:

That sounds gross!!!

25. paul says:

Pizza Hut has had this, off and on, in some Asian markets for at least a decade now.

26. some.nerd says:

I love how “FREE MUSTARD DRIZZLE” is such a huge deal. I have not yet met a single dining establishment that makes you pay money for mustard, yet this is EARTH-SHATTERING.

27. Hitchcock says:

This is something that’s been done in asian countries for years. I remember 5 or 6 years ago ordering a pizza with the crust stuffed with a cheese wrapped hotdog, and the hotdog had a cheese inner layer.

28. SPOON - now with Forkin attitude says:

I’ve done this for years.

29. Burzmali says:

That sounds disgusting. I’ve had pizza with hotdogs on it (granted they were not in the crust), and it’s gross. DO NOT WANT!

30. enabler says:

Hot dogs stuffed into pizza crust – my insight is the following:

Gross gross gross gross gross gross gross gross gross gross. Gross.

31. DFManno says:

I won a prize in a contest in college–a coupon for a free pizza at a local joint. When I tried to redeem it, I found that the selection of free pizzas was limited; the least objectionable was a hot dog pizza. Being a starving college student, I tried it. It was memorably awful. Grease from the hot dogs, grease from the cheese–if I had wrung out the pizza and collected the grease I could have changed the oil on a semi. I was put off hot dogs and pizza for weeks afterward.

32. do-it-myself says:

C’mon! Bring it over! Having this, the KFC Double Down, and the Doritos Locos Taco is the Yum! Brands trifecta of the ultimate modern day American meal!

33. MCerberus says:

I can’t wait for someone to use two slices of this as a hamburger bun.