Curb Your Impatience At The Pump Lest You Cause A Fiery Explosion

While being stuck behind a Hummer can inspire irrational thought in anyone, check that impatience and irritation when you’re in line at the gas pump. One woman found out the serious repercussions of trying to cut ahead of another customer, when she caused a fiery explosion at a Miami Beach gas station.

Witnesses tell CBS 4 that the driver of an SUV just couldn’t handle waiting any longer for her turn at the next available pump, so she swerved in front of the Hummer that was next in line.

She sped up to cut around the Hummer, and apparently lost control and then slammed into the gas pump — which erupted into flames. It’s all caught on tape, showing two women runing from the SUV as other vehicles back away from the explosion.

No one was reported injured, and it’s unsure whether any line-jumping, fire-causing charges will be filed.

Next time — take a deep breath and count back from 100.

*Thanks for the tip, Ed!

Driver Causes Gas Pump Explosion In Miami Beach [CBS 4]

Comments

1. tbax929 says:

I was driving to work this morning, and there was this idiot behind me flashing her brights because she didn’t understand I couldn’t go THROUGH the car in front of me. She swerved around me as soon as she could and then promptly turned into the Circle K. Apparently she was late for her crappy coffee or something.

• dolemite says:

Seems like people are getting worse as time goes on. Lady, there’s 3 cars in front of me. You think all 4 of us are going to move over because you are tailgating the person last in line? I’m also seeing more and more people run red lights. And I don’t mean those last minute “almost” people. I mean people that are like 100 feet behind the white line when it’s already red. Sometimes it turns red then a guy runs it…then another, then another and another. It’s like the last 2-3 are blatantly just going through and hoping oncoming traffic waits for them.

• ilovemom says:

This and I’ve also noticed a lot of people using the bus stop or unused parking spots to cut to the front of a line of traffic at red lights in the city. I refuse to let them merge. We need to increase the penalties for almost all driving offenses.

• MaxH42 thinks RecordStoreToughGuy got a raw deal says:

We also need to make driving more of a privilege than a right. Sure, it’s very necessary for most people to work and have a life, but that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t have to be retested every few years, and show a working, ongoing knowledge of right-of-way rules. If it meant losing their license, people would pay a lot more attention.

• Kuri says:

Their time is not more valuable than our lives. Your early meeting will mean little if you’re in prison for vehicular manslaughter.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

I have also noticed an increase in running lights.

What is happening to this country?

• vorpalette says:

Seriously, I’ve noticed this, too. Especially the ones who aren’t even close.

• tbax929 says:

Where I live they have cameras at almost every intersection. You get one of those tickets and it’s $330, mandatory Traffic Survival School (at your expense), and points on your license.

So now I’ve seen an increase in rear-end collisions as people slam on their brakes so as not to get a red-light camera ticket. Crazy.

• ChuckECheese says:

(I live in Phoenix) – Those cameras were installed because AZ appears to have led the nation in red-light running and general crazy driving.

• tbax929 says:

I’m in Southern AZ. Those cameras were installed to separate AZ drivers from their money. I am not of the mindset that the state gives a crap about my safety.

In fact, a law passed yesterday in the AZ State House (I think) that changes the defintion of an intersection to the area before the crosswalk. I got a ticket last month because I was past the crosswalk but behind the “stop line” when the light changed. Apparently, I was supposed to just sit out there in the middle of traffic! Anyway, the new law means I won’t get another ticket like that again. Guess who fought the new law? The company that gets revenue from those tickets. (They get $60 for each conviction, BTW). It’s all about the money, baby.

• Syncop8d1 says:

I am convinced that Phoenix drivers are so bad because many of them are Southern California transplants (grew up in SoCal so I know a little about their driving) but with oppressive summer heat added to make Phoenix drivers extra mean. I was making my way to a gas pump a few summers ago in Phoenix when a woman “raced” me to the pump much like what happened in the OP, but thankfully there was no fire.
                On a related note, when I visited Phoenix in the winter I noticed that there were fewer aggressive drivers but more distracted drivers. Perhaps that’s due to snowbirds from up north coming down to the retirement community where my dad lives.
                Now that I live in TX, I’ve come to appreciate courteous driving because my experience is that the worst TX driver is still nicer than the worst So Ca or Phoenix driver IMHO.

• Excuse My Ambition Deficit Disorder says:

Increase in sun spots and the slow alignment of the planets…it’s messing with people’s heads causing us to return to our animal instincts. Ooohh, sounds like a start to a book or planet of the apes.

• NewsMuncher says:

Running lights are probably the only reason people in SoCal have their lights on when it’s raining.

• tbax929 says:

I think drivers have gotten a lot less courteous.

I’m not one of those who tries to control the speed of traffic. Frankly, I’m irritated by people who ride in the left lane and won’t move over for others. If I could’ve moved over I would have because I don’t engage aggressive drivers. But she literally swerved around me and then immediately turned into the convenience store. I guess that was her way of telling me she was mad at me, despite the fact that I had cars in front of me. Seriously, lady?!

• Terron says:

If I’m going the speed limit (or the rate of traffic), then I’m not pulling over just so you can be in the same exact position.

We have terrible drivers here who always try to pull the “drive in the breakdown lane and merge” stunt and I never let them merge. I know it’s petty, but it always brings a smile to my face when they end up getting stuck even further back.

• RedOryx says:

I’m the same way. If I can see you in my side view mirror driving up while the rest of us have been sitting here, there is no way in hell I’m letting you in.

• tbax929 says:

If you are in a passing lane and doing the speed limit but won’t move over when you can to let someone pass you, you are part of the problem. It’s not your job to regulate the speed of every other driver on the road.

If you won’t move over because you can’t, that’s fine. But people who camp out in the left lane are traffic hazards and should be ticketed for doing that.

• Bsamm09 says:

Agree times 1000

• dolemite says:

I have no problem with people speeding in the passing lane. That’s the point of that lane. If everyone drove exactly 55 mph, we’d simply have huge blocks of cars bound together for miles and miles, and the accident rate would be through the roof.

• DGC says:

I’m not sure if drivers are getting worse or there are just more of them. The population of the US has increased by 100 million since I started driving (1975). So with 50% more drivers on the road there are bound to be 50% more jerks. Or that would be so if you believe jerkiness is a constant within the population. My opinion on that depends on the particular day.

• Shadowman615 says:

Maybe she thought you were too far back from the car in front of you and wanted you to move up so she could make the turn?

I’m not saying this was a valid perception, just trying to figure out what was in her mind… wait -telepathic connection. I’m reading her mind now…nope! Nothing there!

Obviously she didn’t need you to move up because she made the turn anyway.

• red says:

Seriously. I visited New Zealand for three weeks. The passing lane was for passing. Everyone signaled.Everyone drove safely. I could not believe it.

While the US driving is not 3rd world (I’ve been there too) its definitely NOT 1st world. US drivers suck. They drive fast in big vehicles and are the least courteous drivers I have ever seen. Even in countries that are falling apart people have the courtesy to beep or signal when they are trying to do stuff. In the US people just randomly change lanes or barrel down deserted roads at 80mph, failing to warn any pedestrian on the side of the road.

• NewsMuncher says:

Tom Vanderbilt, author of Traffic: Why We Drive The Way We Do (And What It Says About Us) remarks in his book that there is a correlation between how people viewed their government and how they drove (i.e. the traffic laws they obeyed or didn’t).

I think it makes a lot of sense: if people have the general attitude that speed limits are totally arbitrary and pointless and that the government has no business setting such laws, they will ignore them. If people have the general attitude that the government makes laws like speed limits after doing due deliberation and have a good reason for setting such laws, they are more likely to respect them.

• Lendon85 says:

We must live in the same city, it seems red lights mean nothing to many drivers around here.

• tbax929 says:

*their time (I do know the difference, but I’m still worked up about my commute today!)

• HogwartsProfessor says:

My bf lives there too, and likes to call me (hands-free) when he’s driving home or going somewhere on the other side of town. He always ends up going “Really? Why did this car just do [insert stupid traffic move here]?” I tell him he might as well be in my city because there are plenty of idiots here too. At least if I move there, I’ll be prepared. :P

• Kuri says:

Makes me think of the lady we nearly plowed into this winter when she pulled the front of her car out without looking.

• zumdish says:

On the flip side of this, last weekend I was behind a minivan waiting to turn left into a shopping center, and she was letting one gap in traffic after another go by… not “She could’ve made that” but BIG gaps in traffic. So bad that I resolved to cut inside her at the next gap (totally out of character for me) but the next gap there wasn’t a car in sight and she finally trundled across the street.

That was just incompetence but this story is the result of arrogance and the self-important entitlement mentality so many people seem to display these days. Fortunately nobody was hurt and we can enjoy seeing this person receive their comeuppance. This is gonna be a popular story!

• longfeltwant says:

The point is for you to pass on the flashing to the car in front of you. Eventually, it will get to the problem vehicle, who should move over.

There’s an easy way to know whether you are in the correct lane: look at the lane to your right, are you moving faster than cars in that lane? If not, you’re in the wrong lane, and need to move to the right. It’s not a personal thing, nobody is saying you can’t drive whatever speed you feel is reasonable; the problem is that you are driving at your preferred speed in the wrong lane.

[Not YOU specifically, but YOU generally.]

• tbax929 says:

I hope you’re kidding! Are you really saying I should flash my lights at the car in front of me because someone behind me is flashing his/her lights at me?

Are they not even teaching driver’s ed any more? If you want to risk your life by going around flashing your lights at other drivers, knock yourself out (or one of them will kock you out when you piss off the wrong driver). I happen to like my life and wouldn’t risk my life by driving aggressively. There’s NO REASON to flash your lights at the car in front of you.

• MaxH42 thinks RecordStoreToughGuy got a raw deal says:

So blinking your lights at someone == driving aggressively == risking your life? Wow, I’m more of a daredevil than I thought.

• tbax929 says:

Yes, flashing your lights at someone to make them move over is driving aggressively. I don’t know if that makes you a bad ass, but it does make you a bad driver. I cannot even believe you don’t know this! If you don’t worry about drawing the ire of another driver, then more power to you. I generally try not to piss people off, especially on the road. In that situation, I wait until I’m able to do so, and then I go around them. It’s that simple.

I’ll tell you what to do, pull up behind a cop as you’re traveling down the road and flash your lights at him/her. Get back to me and tell me how that works out for you!

• Dallas_shopper says:

It’s common for people to flash their lights at you in Texas when you’re on the interstate between cities out in the middle of nowhere and you’re tooling along in the left lane going 70mph and they want to get around you. In this state, it’s illegal to pass someone on the right so they’re trying to indicate to you that they want YOU to move. It has happened to me a lot and it doesn’t bother me in that situation, though in the city it’s a whole different ballgame…it’s rude and aggressive.

Then again I don’t usually hang out in the left lane on any highway anyway because in my mind, the left lane is for passing.

• Dallas_shopper says:

P.S. when I say people have flashed their lights at me “a lot” it means I was in the left lane passing several cars/trucks at once and dude behind me didn’t want to wait. So I’d slot in between the traffic I was attempting to pass…if it was safe…let dude by on the left…and switch back to the left lane to pass the slower traffic.

I’d rather move over and let a fast driver through than have them tailgate me.

• BrownLeopard says:

When people flash their lights at me when I am doing over the speed limit in the passing lane I usually spot a deer coming at me and hammer my brakes.

• Dallas_shopper says:

I don’t flash people, I just wait for them to move over and if they don’t, I pass them on the right if I can do so. If there’s not a cop around. ;-)

• BorkBorkBork says:

American drivers aren’t just bad…they’re also passive aggressive.

• SissyOPinion says:

The only thing relevant in the passing lane is whether or not you are actively passing vehicles on your right. Just going above the speed limit does not give you a free pass to hang in the left lane.

• BrownLeopard says:

You obviously haven’t driven on Ohio’s highways. With interstate trucking running on I-71 between Cleveland and Columbus being heavy during the day, it’s almost impossible -not- to run in the left lane since trucks have to run 55 mph compared to smaller vehicles running 65 (soon to be 70). I’ve driven from Mansfield to Columbus in nothing but the left lane with no chance to get over (except where it’s 3 lane and I can usually run in the center).

• yagisencho says:

Makes sense, and sounds more polite than having someone tailgate me. In the area where I live though, the far left lane is for high occupancy vehicles. The lane just to the right of that is the passing lane. Yet I often get tailgaters when driving 65 in the HOV lane (in a 60 zone)…

• tdogg241 says:

It’s a dick move on city streets, sure. That’s what your horn is for if someone’s not paying attention to traffic signals, speed limits, or whatever. But on the freeway, if you’re in the far left lane and you’re not moving faster than the lane to your right, move over. You technically aren’t supposed to drive in the far left lane anyway (it’s intended for passing), but don’t get over there if you’re just going to go the speed limit.

• verdegrrl says:

Yep, flashing headlights is the international sign to move over when on the highway. But even that is considered a last resort since drivers in the fast/passing lane should be keeping half an eyeball on the rear view mirrors and moving over (or at least signal that they will move over) at the earliest opportunity. I’ve heard tales of dense drivers (often tourists) getting tapped from behind after a certain period of flashing.

Everyone playing by the same rules makes driving in many other 1st world nations safer and more relaxing than having to deal with a bunch of vehicular cows wandering the roads here. ;)

• dolemite says:

It might be acceptable for an emergency. Not because the car in front of you is doing 65 in a 55 and you want to do 75 to get to the movies faster. Maybe if your wife is having a baby.

• xjeyne says:

Wait, so the left lane is for BREAKING THE LAW? Wow.

• SissyOPinion says:

Generally, the law says horns are only to be used to warn other drivers of impending collisions or unsafe conditions. Honking at someone because you think they are moving too slow or they are spacing out at a green light is, in a lot of areas, illegal. Yes, it may be eye-rolling but it is true. Also, as I mentioned below, you do not have to exceed the speed limit to legally use the left/passing lane. If someone is going the speed limit and actively passing a car to their right, they are under no legal obligation to get break their ass to get out of the way of someone who thinks they need to drive twenty miles faster than everyone else on the road. Before you say anything, please understand I am a huge fan of driving as fast as is safe for conditions. However, I find life much easier to deal with when I understand what the laws are instead of just making them up to suit my needs.

• rugman11 says:

I’m genuinely curious in what circumstances you think it is acceptable to flash your brights at somebody. I don’t know that it makes you an aggressive driver, but it certainly makes you a douchebag, especially when you’re flashing somebody who’s behind another driver.

• unpolloloco says:

Acceptable situations
              Situation 1: friendly flash to signal it’s safe to go
              Situation 2: alert oncoming driver of dangerous situation ahead
              Situation 3: angry flash in conjunction with horn to prevent car from merging into you

• Verdant Pine Trees says:

Dude, this does not compute, when you’re on a city street and the signs are saying 35 MPH, you’re going 40 in the left lane, and some ass is trying to pass everyone by darting around, going 50, AND you are about to complete a left turn at the next signal.

• Schildkrote says:

“What a jerk. It’s too bad Darwin didn’t just remove her from the gene pool. I have no tolerance for people who think they’re time is so much more valuable than anyone else’s.”

She cut in line at the gas station, THEREFORE SHE MUST DIE! Lord Tbax929 of The Internet has so decreed! Human life is meaningless in the face of line-cutting!

2. Hi_Hello says:

hahahahahah it would be awesome if her insurance denied her claims because they have a line jumping clause.

• vastrightwing says:

Insurer: Lady, could you please describe the accident?

Lady: Sure. I was in line behind this super huge SUV when all of a sudden it started backing up. In order to avoid being hit, I hit the gas and swerved around it when out of nowhere a gas pump moved in front of my car. Then all these flames appeared. I don’t know, it was all a blur. It was the SUV’s fault. These vehicles are very dangerous. Someone needs to get these cars off the road before people get killed.

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Insurer: Sure. We’ll start by revoking the insurance on your SUV.

• Costner says:

If there is any justice in this world…. she will have no insurance.

However on the planet we seem to live on, she will have great insurance which will pay for all the damages, and then she will sue the gas station for stress-related anxiety cuased by the faulty design of their gas pumps which catch on fire when a vehicle runs into them. She will collect a settlement of $450,000 and be on disability for the next 28 years.

• Shadowman615 says:

Her not having insurance would not really be justice. The gas station could possibly be screwed out of much of the money in that case.

• Lyn Torden says:

Those gas pumps are NOT cheap.

3. Dr. Ned - This underwear is Sofa King Comfortable! says:

Wait… you’re telling me something incredibly stupid happened in Florida? Florida?!?! Are you yankin my crank?

• Mambru says:

And that’s why Fark has its own florida tag. As a florida resident I can attest of driver’s stupidity is no longer the old people. I don’t want to get in to steriotypes but seriously there are people behind the wheel that are not making it easier for their people

• The Porkchop Express says:

As another Florida resident, a lot of the driver stupidity comes from out of state, old people and kids.

• There's room to move as a fry cook says:

Wait… you’re telling me something incredibly stupid happened in [insert state here]? [state name]?!?! Are you yankin my crank?

• Free Legal Advice! says:

# Miami

• minjche says:

The real irony here is that the Hummer driver WASN’T the douche of the story.

4. chefboyardee says:

It’s pretty bad when the Senior Editor gets “running” wrong in (and misses it in the proofread of) a 150 word article.

5. Remarkable Melba Kramer says:

Will we Americans ever learn to chill the f*ck out??

• tbax929 says:

When we legalize marijuana?

• Hank Scorpio says:

As Bill Hicks said: It should not only be legal, it should be mandatory.

• Yomiko says:

I am trying to picture Rick Santorum on pot. It’s a pretty funny idea (for pretend, not for reals, don’t flame me).

• oldwiz65 says:

I would much rather Santorum smoking pot at the Republican Convention, while making out with a gay man.

• Applekid ‚îÄ‚îÄ‚î¨ Ôªø„Éé( „Çú-„Çú„Éé) says:

Please, it’s Miami Beach. People’s shit don’t stink out there, from what I hear.

• alana0j says:

Probably not. We have a stretch of road here that is three lanes, and depending on the time of the day middle lane is open to one of the directions. You know if you can use it or not based on whether you see a green check mark or a red X. We have some idiots who are in such a hurry they will use the middle lane to pass someone while it’s red. I ran into that about a week ago taking my girls to daycare; I was using the middle lane since I would be turning left anyway and nearly had a headon collision. I hit the brakes and FIVE more cars proceeded to use that lane to get around a guy who was trying to make a left hand turn, from the proper lane. People need to slow the fuck down…leave a few extra minutes early to account for traffic. Losing your life is not worth getting where you’re going a minute or two sooner.

6. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

I laughed at the image of the other vehicles backing away, like a herd of frightened elephants.

7. TerpBE says:

The driver of the Hummer seemed to be sitting back way too far to claim her spot as next in line, and took way too long to move up. Plus, why was she parked on the wrong side of the pump for her gas cap? I hate people who cut in line, but the Hummer driver seemed to be screwing up the whole process with her inattentiveness.

• Anathema777 says:

I don’t know the set up of that gas station, but it might be a one-way only place. At those places, there’s one line of cars and they pull up to the next available pump regardless of what side the gas cap is on since the pumps can easily stretch around to the other side of the car.

• caradrake says:

It still looks odd that the Hummer is so far away. In every gas station I’ve seen, you line up behind the person at the tanks, so it looks like the other vehicle would have the right of way.

I wish the camera was further back so there was better picture of what all happened.

• Shadowman615 says:

There were witnesses who all basically said the same thing; that the Hummer was next in line and the woman swerved around her to cut her off. It’s hard to judge the actual time-frame from the stop-motion camera slides though.

• There's room to move as a fry cook says:

I can’t tell if the cars on the right are at a pump or just parked. Maybe two lines merge from the left and right for the pump – but the Hummer certainly didn’t move soon enough to claim it’s spot. Also – a pick up was coming in from the other side. Confusing.

8. AustinTXProgrammer says:

Yeah, but then there are people in a hurry (keeping it within 5% of the speed limit) for good reason. In the passing only lane I waited until the car in front of me had a place to move over and flashed my lights. Apparently they were just starting to move over (I should have waited a few more seconds, fine. I was keeping a safe following distance). Apparently I pissed them off enough that they stopped moving out of my way. I ended up passing them on the right. We ended up 10 minutes too late before a young nephew died.

9. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

The two women from the car leave the car almost casually like it’s no big deal.

10. AustinTXProgrammer says:

The video really isn’t clear. The hummer may have been trying to cut and the jeep driver may have been waiting the the proper line.

11. mikedt says:

I find the comments at the bottom of the CBS 4 page more interesting.

• frenchman says:

Damn, you said it. Those posts have it all, conspiracy theories, blatant racism, misogyny, and more rants about “typical liberal women” than I thought statistically possible… everything you need in a good comments section!

Makes me want to dig a hole and hide in it.

12. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

‘Explosion’ is somewhat misleading. Yes there was fire, but nothing really ‘exploded’, per se.

13. ajaxd says:

I don’t get it. All I see is the Hummer waiting for the pump on the left. Then the right one opened up and it tried to move there at the same time as another vehicle happened to have an accident (a really stupid one but not exactly caused by cutting any line).

• ajaxd says:

Ugh, meant to say it was waiting for the right one and then moved to the left.

• chiieddy says:

This is what I saw. They were waiting for another pump and ran into the car that was moving in for the empty pump, not expecting someone waiting in line at the other pump to plow into her.

14. philpm says:

Saw something similar at one of our local stations a few months ago, although it appeared in our instance that the car backed over the gas pump and ended up sitting atop it on fire.

15. Jane_Gage says:

Unclear whether charges will be filed?? Why, she only caused 50K worth of property damage and recklessly endangered the lives of everyone around her.

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Worse… she unlawfully consumed large quantities of gasoline without paying for it! :O

• rpm773 says:

Tomorrow’s headline: “Gas prices expected to rise on account of that…um..that thing that happened in Miami the other day.”

16. mister_roboto says:

So a a driver of an SUV was tired of waiting behind an even bigger SUV?

Someone needs a Canyonero

17. ShreeThunderbird says:

I have several “pet hates” about drivers. The first is the driver who doesn’t signal a turn with either flasher or arm. Second is the driver who comes racing up from behind when I am driving the speed limit or more and then turns on bright lights essentially ordering me to get out of the way. Third is the driver who insists on driving the speed limit is really bad weather and poor road conditions. Fourth is the driver who zips down a lane that is ending, passing other drivers, and then tries to squeeze into the remaining lane ahead of every one he/she passed. I could list more, but will spare my fellow “consumerists”.

• zumdish says:

“driver who zips down a lane that is ending…”

He’s driving correctly. Traffic flows more efficiently and safely when drivers use both lanes up to the choke point, then alternate or “zipper merge”.

• Boiled for your sins says:

In theory, yes. However, I think that ShreeThunderbird is referring to the ones who simply proceed to ‘merge’ at the end of their lane whether there is room for them or not and regardless of Yield signs. These are some of the winners I deal with as part of my daily commute in northern NJ. I think my all time favorites are the ones who use turning lanes to pull this stunt.

• MrEvil says:

Zippering is a concept that completely baffles too many Americans.

I might be doing it wrong, but what I do is I find a gap, match speed with it, and then signal that I’m moving into that gap before the lane ends.

• Jay911 says:

There’s “zipper merging” and then there’s “driving right up to the absolute end of the lane and forcing traffic to come to a complete stop in both lanes so you can squeeze between (whatever is causing the lane to end – curb, arrow board, etc) and one more car.”

This is what happens here all the time. People drive well past the end of the lane if possible (on the shoulder, etc) so they can be as far ahead as they can possibly be before barging over. Where they can’t, for example if it’s a construction closure and there’s a barrier or a portable arrow board in the way, they’ll drive as far as possible without actually striking the barrier (and sometimes beyond that point) before forcing their way in, again, just to get that one or two more cars ahead of everybody else.

I love seeing those ones at fire/rescue scenes on the highway where my crews are directing traffic around an incident. The cops immediately bring them back out of the lane they just “merged” into and give them some “coupons”.

• BrownLeopard says:

I like it even more when we’re toned out to a call and the driver says “Oh man, I thought I could merge but the guy behind me wouldn’t let me in!” so he hit them.

• Bsamm09 says:

If you are in the left lane and could get over, why aren’t you driving in the right lane? Left lane is a passing lane no matter what speed you are driving.

• Scooter McGee says:

Where did he say he was in the left lane? I’ve had this happen in right and left lanes.

• Bsamm09 says:

No where. That’s why I said “If”. If they were driving in the right lane, then the person behind can just deal with it.

• GreatWhiteNorth says:

So preaching to the choir… You are not alone.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

Number four used to happen to me every morning on the way to Exjob, since the lane ran out right before we all squeezed onto this bridge. It was always the same asshole, too. I used to hope I’d see him upside down by the side of the road on the way to work one day.

My pet peeve is people who pull out of a driveway right in front of you, when they could wait two seconds for you to go past, forcing you to slam on the brakes so as not to hit them. They see you coming; they just don’t care.

• cybrczch says:

I am somewhat guilty of #1, as I have a right rear flasher that cuts out intermittently, and I haven’t figured out why yet. I only realize it because it changes from a slow chime to a fast chime when it’s cut out. I do the hand signals when I dont’ have to worry about freezing my arm off, but most drivers still appear to be ignorant of what it means when I put my arm out to signal a right turn.
      I put up with #4 around here a lot – my thanks to a city council who absolutely refuse to widen some of the major thoroughfares in the older part of the city – especially one member who might lose 3 foot of his expansive lawn, which means that all the 4 lane roads narrow to 2 lanes if you drive into the city north/south.
      Let me add one of my personal peeves – people who pull out of a business parking lot (right under the arches, hint hint), into major road traffic (40+ mph speed limit) and go 10 mph because they are going to turn right at the next corner. Never mind the fact that the business parking lot they just pulled out of has an exit on the street that they are going to turn onto. It’s just not as close to the front door.

18. SPOON - now with Forkin attitude says:

forgot the florida tag, then you can be just like FARK

19. CrazyEyed says:

Karma is a bitch

20. Sad Sam says:

Of course its Miami, I love living in SoFla. What the heck, there is a gas station on every corner, just move on to the next one.

21. NickJames says:

Figures it would be Miami, place is full of impatient assh*les. I would know, I live here.

22. southpaw1971 says:

I LOVE how in the video the yellow hummer’s reverse lights come on immediately, all “back that a**” up and then it pulls away so fast.

23. RanChan03 says:

Wow the B*%^h deserves every single bit of this. Serves her right

24. LisetteKoopman says:

dumb bitch.

25. natebum says:

articles said It’s all caught on tape, I didn’t know tape referred pics.
    this is good moment for point and say: HA HA

26. Selunesmom says:

I am impressed at the speed that the attendant managed to hit the fuel shut off switch. If it hadn’t been hit, the flames could have easily traveled into the underground tanks and ignited them.

27. Bravo says:

I only flash to warn people there is a cop hiding near by.

28. hahatanka says:

A lot of people line cut, best I can do is just verbally insult them. As for construction zones. I drive way over in the lane that will be gone, Love some assh—– wants around my old car. Wreck your Mercedes, idiot. Explain that to the cops and your insurance company. Me? I was just driving around a road hazard. You explain why you were driving around 200 cars. Guess the mistress was impatient will the Viagra was wearing off.