Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are nine of the best photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for usability in a Consumerist post or just plain neatness.

The poison
(#2 – MeneerDijk)

the passenger
(#3 – Michelle Rick)

boston downtown crossing snow storm february 29 2012 7
(#4 – photographynatalia)

Desert Abandoned Gas Station Pump
(#5 – David Blackwell.)

Orroville 05
(#6 – Photos in the Sunset)

Yes, it’s a mural.

So close
(#7 – Scoboco)

No Sale
(#8 – troy.b.asher)

This evening's ride
(#9 – Yo Spiff)

Comments

1. mauispiderweb says:

All the monies!

I really love that last shot.

2. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

The local Liberty Tax office also has some unfortunate person standing outside in a cheap and ugly Liberty costume. Does it really bring them more business?

• UberGeek says:

I have to believe it does bring more business. I would’ve never known about Liberty Tax if they didn’t have the people out front. Whether it’s worth the cost? Not a clue. Just because I now know about them doesn’t mean I’ll be weitching from TurboTax anytime soon.

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

at least he gets to have his face out. near me they make them wear a foam head

• scoosdad says:

This year my local Liberty’s costumes have taken a bizarre turn. Now, instead of looking at least something like Lady Liberty, they all look like cheap Gumby imitators.

It was almost as if someone threatened them with a lawsuit for trademark infringement using the costumes they used to have. Like selling “Big Friendly Purple Dinosaur” outfits instead of “Barney”.

• bdgbill says:

It must work. I travel all over the country and have seen these poor bastards everywhere. That job must give you plenty of opportunity to examine your life choices and think about where it all went wrong.

3. Invader Zim says:

Where is the money ceiling from….I want one.

• Cacao says:

The Gold Spike in North Beach, San Francisco. According to the waiter there, the practice is from goldmining days. A miner stuck a buck with his name on it to the ceiling before going out panning. If he went bust, at least with his dollar he knew he was guaranteed ‘a steak, a whiskey, a bath and a woman’ when he returned.

4. deathbecomesme says:

Look at the shnoz on #3! Those are some masculine facial features. Long hair and eyebrows is the only thing keeping her from being full blown sheman

5. MaytagRepairman says:

The first one is Fat Smitty’s. It is a local burger place the next county over in the middle of nowhere which is probably part of the reason the locals love it so much — there is nothing else out there to compete with it. I thought it was ok but nothing worth the rave. He took down the dollar bills recently and donated them to charity which is probably a good thing. The place always had a stale smell from decades worth of grease absorbed by the money.

• KidRey says:

Way to bleak out the cozy bar image…. Any idea how much money accumulated?

• MaytagRepairman says:

I was thinking it was around 12 grand but the flickr caption says $10,316. AFAIK, people are well into putting more money back up.

I also have to say that in general the Olympic Peninsula is a beautiful place to visit. For example, Google images of “hoh rain forest”.

• rdaex says:

Also Thurman Cafe here in Columbus OH. No idea how much would be there, but I would guess in the thousands