Get Rid Of Screen Glare In A Flash

If you’re in a line of work that forces you to stare at a screen for hours a day, glare can wear on you. To avoid headaches, eye strain and other irritations, you’ll need to take steps to eliminate glare.

An Ask ErgoWorks story from a year ago offers several easy ways to dull or entirely eliminate the problem.

Tips include angling your monitor away from a window, taking breaks every 15 to 30 minutes, cleaning the screen and slipping an anti-glare cover on top of it. Some people recommend wearing sunglasses or hats on the job.

If the problem is in the workplace and nothing you do fixes the issue, don’t suffer silently. Let management and human resources know about your struggle so you can work together to solve the problem.

6 Easy Ways to Reduce Computer Screen Glare [Ask ErgoWorks]

Comments

1. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Thank god for this article. My eyes looked like two baby-blue fried eyes until I learned that I didn’t have to tolerate screen glare!

2. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

I wish I could read this article, but I can’t see through the screen glare.

3. leastcmplicated says:

glare on an LCD?

4. MonkeyMonk says:

Someone should forward this article to Apple and every other manufacturer who insist on putting glossy screens on their computers.

5. Coelacanth says:

I once had eye surgery, and the post-operative care recommended that I wear sunglasses all day long for a few reasons.

I swear, trying to use my computer while wearing sunglasses was an interesting experience… I believe that’s a ridiculously stupid idea.

6. Phil Keeps It Real [Consumerist] says:

I use a 3M glare/privacy guard which lays flat on my lcd at work.

7. crispyduck13 says:

Glare on computer screens in 2012?? I guess if your office hasn’t updated their monitors in the last 10 years you could have that problem.
    To be fair even an LCD monitor will reflect intense sunlight from a window. Better to rearrange your desk if possible or get HR to order some vertical blinds than rock sunglasses or a hat in the office.

8. LightningUsagi says:

Take a break – Try to take a break every 15 – 20 minutes and get away from your computer screen. Try to do this as much as you can to avoid glare and eye strain.

Call in sick. Avoid glare completely.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

This won’t work for me. I would still be on my laptop. The first thing I did after I got home from gallbladder surgery was get in my chat room. I would have taken the damn laptop into the operating room if they had let me.

9. TinaBringMeTheAx says:

Yes, taking a break every 15 minute will the solve the problem of screen glare because my ass will be fired in two days.

10. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

Funny thing, we have monitors that are non-glossy, so there’s no actual glare, but I get more eyestrain here than I do on my super-reflective home monitor.

11. SporadicBlah says:

Let management and human resources know about your struggle so you can work together to find the door and claim your last paycheck. In today’s cut throat corporate society complaints get you fired. The best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and put on a pair of sunglasses while at your desk.

12. Floppywesl says: