How To Find The Best Nearby Beer Sales

You may hear about a nice beer sale, but without research you may be missing better offers elsewhere. Luckily there’s a site that will virtually stroll the aisles for you and point you in the right direction to find the cheapest booze.

Save on Brew is there for you. Type in your address or zip code and the site posts a selection of the lowest advertised beer prices, as well as quantities and stores.

The site’s listings are somewhat lacking, avoiding independent liquor stores and wholesale clubs. But Save on Brew will serve you well if you’re basing a grocery shopping trip on the place that offers the cheapest beer.

Your tip: Site compares beer sales [Bargain Babe]

Comments

1. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDave‚Ñ¢ says:

I’ll just have a cup of coffee.

2. Jules Noctambule says:

I’d rather have a single pint of Big Boss’s Big Operator than a whole case of Hamm’s, even though they cost about the same.

Hell, I’d rather have a glass of water than a whole case of Hamm’s. I think the water would taste more like beer, too.

3. pgr says:

A totally useless site if I ever saw one. It doesn’t even give you a link to the store, let alone an address

• Serenefengshui says:

It popped up a map & address for me. Not a lot of stores are covered, but it seems like a work in progress. Will work better as a mobile app.

4. Hi_Hello says:

the link to bargain babe trigger my antivirus….

save on the brew listed nothing for my zip…

5. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Personally, I buy beer I like to drink, not beer on sale. If where I go happens to have it on sale, all the better.

• tbax929 says:

I like a lot of different beers and will absolutely by a beer when it’s on sale, even if it’s just to try it. I had some Breckenridge last weekend that I only bought because Safeway had it on sale. It was just okay, IMO, but I wouldn’t have tried it if it hadn’t been on sale.

6. yellowdog says:

Love the concept. Unfortunately it doesn’t work real well here in Colorado, with our strange laws that prohibit selling anything beyond 3.2% beer in grocery and convenience stores. If you want anything beyond that, it’s off to the local liquor stores – places this site specifically says it doesn’t track.

But yeah, if you’re in our fair state looking for the best price on a case of 3.2% strength Coors Light cans, this will point you to the right gas station.

Now, carry on with the beer snobbery.

• philpm says:

Seriously, what is the point of 3.2 Coors Light? It tastes bad and still won’t get you drunk!

• Gambrinus says:

The actual answer to this is that until very recently, liquor stores were closed in Colorado on Sundays. So, if the football game was about to come on and you forgot to stock up ahead of time, you had no choice but to hit the grocery store for some 3.2. It will get you drunk, it just takes a little more effort.

• Miss Dev (The Beer Sherpa) says:

Three-two beer is actually measured by weight (ABW) instead of volume (ABV) like all other beer. So, a 3.2% ABW beer is actually 4% ABV. A “normal” Coors Light is 4.2% ABV, so there is very, VERY little difference between the two.

I love that here in Colorado we don’t sell full strength beer in chain stores (except one location in the state for each chain). This law allows independent liquor stores to thrive, encourages variety, and competition. There is a liquor store in the same shopping center of nearly every grocery store, and their variety is far superior to what a grocery store can offer. Also, the money stays in the community, rather than a national or multi-national conglomerate. We just got back from New Mexico, and it was so frustrating because we simply could not find the craft beers we were looking for in the grocery stores. The store with the best variety (Walgreens) said they are constantly out of craft beers because they are in high demand, but they don’t have the room to keep large amounts on hand.

Now that we got rid of the Sunday blue law, I am delighted with Colorado’s liquor laws.

7. Coffee says:

THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS.

8. Olivia Neutron-Bomb says:

Doesn’t work. What was the point of this article?

• AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Now, I haven’t checked the site to see if it is working or not, or how apparent it is that it doesn’t work…but I think that is something that should have been checked before posting.

Or at least have it said that the site has potential, but isn’t finished, within the article/title.

• Coffee says:

It worked just fine for me…make sure you set the radius to include stores in your area.

9. jennix says:

It’s kind of like this: http://wherethefuckshouldigofordrinks.com/ only without the funny.

• Fafaflunkie Plays His World's Smallest Violin For You says:

I tried the site you recommended. All it told me were two karaoke DJs for hire. Sure don’t think I’m going drinking there. Either I live in a lame neighbourhood (hell yes!) or this site really hasn’t done much research in watering holes. Hell, why not just Google it? You’ll get much better results, and at least you know that your personal information is in the hands of the very company that knows more about you than you do about yourself.

10. shthar says:

Where’s save on Gin?

11. TBGBoodler says:

If you happen to be in Richmond or Charlottesville, Virginia, you’ll do better with http://www.thecityswig.com, which will tell you where all the drink specials are in the bars, or the best beer prices in any stores. (Remember, in Virginia you can buy beer and wine in grocery stores).

And not just advertised prices, but researchers are working to include all prices–sale or not.

12. WeaponX2099 says:

Is there a site like this for vodka?

13. PSUSkier says:

I make my own beer at home.

No, seriously, this is the best way to get cheap beer. And I love the fact that I get to experiment with the literally thousands of recipes that the brewing community has come up with. Plus I’ve yet to make a “bad beer.” I’ve made one or two that didn’t come out the way I had originally planned, but I still ended up with a pleasing and tasty beer.

• consumeristjohnny says:

Unfortunately that strategy won’t get me the alcohol I need before the holidays with the family.

14. dangermike says:

I just go to Beverages and More. Even when I don’t find exactly what I’m looking for on a discount, I almost always find something on discount that I didn’t know I wanted. And their selection is usually top-notch. I’ve recently discovered both Samuel Smith and Irondale there for no other reason than they offered bomber bottles of each for under $3. I went in craving some Stone, but this year’s Double Bastard was like $7. And a 6-er of Ruination was $15.

15. suburbancowboy says:

Is there a site like this for good beer?

16. HenryES says:

Pretty useless; it’s largely macrobrews, which at any given time either AB or Miller products or both are going to be on sale at any chain store.

17. speaky2k says:

Nope, doesn’t help me. I live in PA and so since the independent beer stores aren’t tracked nothing shows ups. If I lived in other states this may be useful.

18. Krazycalvin says:

If you are the type of person who HAS to save money you probably shouldn’t be drinking in the first place. Go die in a fiery drunk driving crash while trying to make it across town to save a buck on a 30 pack.

19. JerryB says:

I’ll just make my own. It tastes better than any of the commercial swill out there and is cheaper as well.

Now, have you got one for good prices on Rum?