As usual, parody news site The Onion has managed to produce fake news that tells the truth better than actual facts can. This week’s radio newsflash: not satisfied with charging us fees to receive statements, use tellers, use ATMs, have accounts, and transfer funds, banks will now automatically charge us seventy-flve cents to use the word “bank.” That sentence cost me $1.50.
Banks Impose Surcharge For Using The Word 'Bank'
By Laura Northrup July 14, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Average ATM Fees Hit Record High Of $4.52, Up 21% Over 5 Years
- 1-In-4 Americans Turn To Payday Loans & Other High-Cost Financial Products
- Why Paying Your College Tuition With A Credit Card Is A Bad Idea
- Report: Online Checking Accounts & Credit Unions Beat Traditional Banking
- Walmart Lets People Pick Up Tax Refunds In Cash In Stores
« Unable To Get Nicotine Fix, Southwest Passenger Resorts To Throwing Peanuts & Pretzels At Flight Attendants