Remember that Bieber track that turned into a symphonic masterpiece once it was slowed down 800%? Yes? No? Well you might as well kill yourself, Brian Eno, because here’s an old-school dial-up modem slowed down 700% , becoming an epic soundscape of terrifying drones and robotic wails, punctuated by tsunamis of static. Ah, it really captures the essence of what connecting to AOL in 1995 felt like.
Dial-Up Modem Noise 700% Slower Becomes Ambient Opus
By Ben Popken June 30, 2011
More From Consumerist
- 83-Year-Old Racks Up $24,289 In AT&T Charges By Still Using AOL Dial-Up
- Report: Butt Dials Are Clogging The 9-1-1 System
- Senators Ask Why Cable Companies Continue Charging Customers For Modems They Don’t Have
- Police: Man Planning A Burglary Tipped Off Officials After Butt-Dialing 9-1-1
- Why Is Comcast Interrupting My Web-Browsing To Upsell Me On A New Modem?