Win $1000 For Making A Picture About The Dangers Of Debt

Make a picture illustrating “The Dangers of Being in Debt” and you could win $1,000 in our publisher Consumers Union’s new contest. Simply submit your Photoshop, drawing of a spider, collage or what have you on this Facebook page. Get people to vote for you and the image with the most votes wins. Then you can use your cash prize to pay down your credit card debit. See, it all circles back…

Dangers of Debt Image Contest

Comments

1. Qantaqa says:

A drawing of a spider, you say….

Seriously, can this be my new catchphrase? Can I be the “I-didn’t-do-it boy” of Consumerist?

2. Rachacha says:

I am going to go out and purchase two $10,000 cameras with my high interest credit card and pay only the minimum balance. In a few months, when I am homeless and my fancy cameras are no longer the latest greatest technology I will take a picture of myself living on the street holding one of my cameras along with the credit card bill (with the other camera of course) which will clearly demonstrate the dangers of debt and I will win that financial prize and use it to pay down my debt. I am SURE to win!

3. Smiley Massacre says:

Wasn’t this contest on last year as well? What was the winner?

4. Harmodios says:

Debt…
    Is for the mentally Inept

Price pleaze!

5. Gman says:

No offense meant this is a great contest and a fantastic site…but why is CU wanting to know all of my personal Facebook info when you register for the contest?

Maybe I am wrong but is that not one of the things you regularly warn against – over sharing of private info?

• nybiker says:

Yep. As soon as I saw that I would have to deal with FB, I decided that my stick figure drawings are not going to be made public.

• raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

Absolutely. I still tell most people that I do not have a facebook account, because it is used strictly for close friends and family, not for buying things, games, contests, or people I barely know or used to know 5+ years ago in another state.

If it was a regular “submit by email” sort of contest, I would be much more interested.

6. ihollywould says:

I entered this last year. The voting system was inherently flawed (at one point, it didn’t register votes at all). The person that won had a pretty good entry, but there were some really terrible entries.

7. Jane_Gage says:

Staff should judge it. Miserable people like myself who live under rocks with no friends will be at a disadvantage.