Just how big exactly was the bailout? And which banks got which kinds of loans? And how many did they get? It’s been hard to figure out, but now the Fed has released deep data on the over 21,000 different loans it made during the financial crisis—loans that were supposed to help encourage the banks to resume lending again. ProPublica has put all the numbers together into a searchable and filterable database so you check and see what kind of treasure chest your bank got.
See Exactly How Big Your Bank's Bailout Was
By Ben Popken December 8, 2010
More From Consumerist
- The Other Danger Of Online Payday Loans: Identity Theft
- Is ActiveHours A True Payday Alternative Or Just Another Too-Good-To-Be-True Letdown?
- Former Countrywide CEO Still Says He Did No Wrong, Still Refers To Self In Third-Person
- Pat Robertson’s Description Of How Reverse Mortgages Work Isn’t Accurate
- Bank Of America Settlement Could Be Worth As Much As $17 Billion