Do you rent? Better know your rights. Here’s a state-by-state guide with links to statutes for both landlords and tenants. If you want to negotiate down your rent, get a drippy ceiling fixed, fight an eviction, or squelch a noisy neighbor, first bone up on your renter law.
Know Your Renter Rights
By Ben Popken December 7, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Should A Landlord Be Allowed To Repeatedly Offer Buyout Offers To Resistant Tenants?
- NYC Commission: Apartment Building’s Policy Barring Lower-Paying Tenants From Gym May Be Discriminatory
- San Francisco Landlord Charged $4K/Month In Rent For Rodent-Infested “Death Trap” Apartments
- After 25 Years, Chicago Landlords Continue Rampant Illegal Discrimination Against Section 8 Vouchers
- Airbnb Wants To Get Into Bed With U.S. Landlords