Do you rent? Better know your rights. Here’s a state-by-state guide with links to statutes for both landlords and tenants. If you want to negotiate down your rent, get a drippy ceiling fixed, fight an eviction, or squelch a noisy neighbor, first bone up on your renter law.
Know Your Renter Rights
By Ben Popken December 7, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Should A Landlord Be Allowed To Repeatedly Offer Buyout Offers To Resistant Tenants?
- NYC To Publicly Shame Landlords Who Harass Tenants
- NYC Commission: Apartment Building’s Policy Barring Lower-Paying Tenants From Gym May Be Discriminatory
- It’s About To Get A Lot More Difficult To Run An Airbnb Empire In San Francisco
- Scam Artist Tries To Play Landlord, Collect Rent For House He Doesn’t Own