Is Booze-Infused Whipped Cream The Next Four Loko?

With caffeinated malt beverages coming under fire from the FDA and other buzzkills, a hole has been created for those who are tired of just getting their booze the old-fashioned way… A hole that is being filled by the makers of alcohol-infused whipped cream.

Products like the 30-proof Cream and 36-proof Whipped Lightning are available in all sorts of flavors and are beginning to become popular among those looking to top off their Jell-O shots (or the always-sexy pumpkin pie) with even more alcohol.

Says the owner of one Boston booze store about the canned concoctions:

I’m amazed at the amount we’ve sold… I thought these would be one of those kitschy things we pulled off the shelf in six months, but within the first week we had already sold out the initial order.

While this seems like an ideal product for everyone’s favorite drinker — the underage lightweight — the CEO of the company behind Cream swears that it’s biggest demographic is between the ages of 25 and 35.

Or at least that’s what their fake IDs say…

Has anyone out there sampled the boozy whipped cream? We want to hear from you — and maybe invite you over for a hot chocolate if you have any left.

Alcohol-infused whipped cream catches regulators eye in Mass. as its popularity continues to grow [NY Daily News]

Whipped into a frenzy [Boston Herald]

Comments

1. shaun3000 says:

Alcohol + NO2 (the propellant used in aresol whipped cream) = damn good time!

2. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

how in the world would you measure alcohol by volume, the standard measure of how alcoholic something is?

• qwickone says:

Well whipped cream is liquid before it’s whipped, so the traditional way? I’m not being snarky, if it reads that way, that’s just what I think.

3. Ela Darling says:

Yes!!!!!! I tried this stuff at a bar and nightclub owner’s conference in Vegas! I thought it was super tasty. I’m 24 and I can drink with the best of them and I usually don’t like girly drinks but this stuff is an exception. This stuff would peel the panties off a ninth grader but it’s damned tasty.

4. rpm773 says:

If only I could make this at home.

But all I have laying around this dump is some heavy cream, powdered sugar, booze, and an old egg beater… /sigh

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

i prefer my stick blender for making whipped cream at home. as long as i catch it in time. found out it’s too easy to accidentally make butter. although the mocha kahlua butter was really good on a croissant!

5. Blueskylaw says:

Before you know it they will do something ridiculous like making 27% alcohol
    mouthwash that sells for $2.99.

Ohh wait…

• qwickone says:

I agree with the point I presume you’re trying to make (there is a lot of easily accessible alcohol we don’t worry about), but Listerine does NOT taste the same as whipped cream. You’re analogy doesn’t make sense.

• longdvsn says:

I prefer vanilla extract (~40%abv). No age requirements…you’ll just smell an awful lot like vanilla extract for the amount you’d have to drink to get drunk.

• trentblase says:

Try lemon extract… it’s more like 80% (160 proof). Don’t mix it with anything, or you might dilute the lemony goodness.

6. rev_matt_y says:

There’s also whipped cream flavored vodka, which is quite nice in hot chocolate.

7. obits3 says:

Starbucks + Whipped Lightning = Classy Four Loko

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Oh man, you’re not even trying:

Irish Coffee + Whipped Lightning = Good Times.

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

How about Whipped Lighting + Easy Cheese + Batter Blaster = Trifecta of Spray Foods that should not exist

• SecretShopper: pours out a lil' liquor for the homies Wasp & Otter says:

myers rum infused whipped cream+strawberries+chambord=better time

8. The cake is a lie! says:

I’m sure this is just another fun treat that will be shot down by the FDA. Enjoy it while it lasts… It will go the way of candy liquor and flavored cigarettes before summer hits. This is definitely the best time of year to release it though, so you have to hand it to them. It may not be on the shelves on Valentine’s day, but they are going to sell a shit load of it in the meantime. I’m going to hunt it down and buy a couple cases of it!

9. Holybalheadedchrist! says:

Great. Now I have to choose: do I get drunk off my whipped cream or just do whip-its?

10. chiieddy says:

Put a new label on something…

We bought our home last year from a 103 year old woman’s estate trust. The home was built in 1959 and we’re the second owners. This was gone when we moved in, but when we were walking through the house, there was a bottle of amaretto whipped cream with some other stored hard liquors under the basement stairs. From the look of the bottle, it dated from the mid-60s to early 70s.

See the red-capped object next to the mini-Christmas tree (http://is.gd/hXsVA)
    I think this is it to the right of the tree here (http://is.gd/hXsYT)

Not a new product!

11. CiscoKid1984 says:

@rpm773 – I prefer this recipe for an old English dessert that we lovingly call at my home boozewhip – its really good, although its really potent stuff. I rarely use the nutmeg though.

12. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

I saw this in stores the day after they pulled four-loko off the shelves and I thought “no way this stuff makes it till Jan….I better stock up”

13. GenXCub says:

I’m not sure why this (and Four Loko) gets peoples’ panties in a twist. Four Loko off the shelves? What ever will they do without it? Oh, go back to Vodka and Red Bull like they’d been doing for years? That.

Boozy whipped cream. Go for it.

14. t0ast says:

It burns like hell on it’s own (thus thwarting my desire to devour it straight from the can), but pair it with the right beverage (coffee, hot chocolate, etc.) or food (pie, jello shots, etc.) and they’re actually very good.

15. theycallmeGinger says:

Yes, I have tried it, and I’m not proud. I was at a bar where a man was having his retirement party and he was going around asking all the ladies if they’d like some. It was somewhat creepy, but I didn’t want to make the retiree feel bad so I obliged. It was not good, but maybe that’s because it had a menthol flavor to it, like cigarettes. So, imagine a menthol-flavored cream that leaves a film on your tongue. Yum! Fun party treat, but not really something to be concerned about, Mass.

16. RxDude says:

My mom bought some for the T-day pumpkin pie. Kind of bitter on its own, but OK on the pie.

17. scoosdad says:

“It’s a floor wax!”

“No, it’s a dessert topping!”

/saturday-night-live-shimmer-floor-wax

18. fs2k2isfun says:

I make my own alcoholic whipped cream. Whip the cream, add a shot or two of your favorite liquor, and done.

19. target_veteran says:

Tried it on multiple occasions. Only proper way to have this stuff is off the body parts of various attractive women.

20. Mish says:

Kinky.

21. Rose says:

I didn’t like it, but to each their own.

22. Willow01 says:

Why am I not finding this in AZ yet…….

23. MrEvil says:

For those that haven’t tried Whipped Lightning… don’t bother. It SUCKS it has the worst tasting alcohol in it. I swear it tasted like gasoline (and I’ve siphoned enough gas from fuel tanks to know what gasoline tastes like). It was absolutely awful.

24. Cicadymn says:

OH LAWDY GREAT BIG GUBBMINTS BE SAVIN ME SAH! I’Z TO STOOPIDS TO HANDLE DA BIG SCURRY WORLD ON MAH OWN. PLEASA SAVE ME SAH!

25. CFinWV says:

I’m intrigued! And I can think of a few good uses for it. :)

26. EarlNowak says:

We discovered this a few months ago. It’s great for putting on hot chocolate. My favorite is the Amaretto, but pumpkin spice was a hit for Oktoberfest. I hope they don’t pull it off the market.

27. sybann says:

Hot chocolate or coffee drinks – NOM.

28. corkdork says:

We used to sell it (I work in a fine wine store that’s got a large selection of alcohols — about 2,000 SKU’s of hard stuff). Honestly, it moved pretty well — figure 6-8 bottles a week. We tried it among the staff, and it was pretty nasty; an above commentator said “gasoline” as a primary flavor component, and I don’t disagree. I called it “kerosine” when we tasted it, but it’s hydrocarbon-flavored at any rate. Do not want, will not try again.

29. mythago says:

“the CEO of the company behind Cream swears that it’s biggest demographic is between the ages of 25 and 35″ – oh, sure. And the tobacco companies only market cigarettes to adults. Additionally, there is a Tooth Fairy.

30. ageekymom says:

When we heard last month that Michigan was preparing to ban Cream, we bought out our local wine store’s inventory (which was only 4 cans, sadly!) I’ve tried chocolate, vanilla and caramel, and gave a friend a can of the cherry. They are all delicious! Another plus – no refrigeration needed!
    Here’s a site with instructions on making your own (unfortunately, not as potent!) http://is.gd/i0bNF

31. miss_j_bean says:

I have these! The whipped cream is great on pumpkin pie and oreos. I have the vanilla, chocolate, and raspberry. I’ve had them for a few months (use sparingly) and will be sad when they are gone. If they outlaw this, then they should outlaw Boone’s farm, pucker, wine coolers, and regular jello (the kids might mix it with the booze!) in fact, if they think we are all too dumb to function, maybe alcohol should be forbidden! and knives, and forks, and scissors, and cinderblocks…
    I frikken love this stuff and it upsets me to no end that it has already been pulled from stores where I live. Enough of this “protecting stupid people from themselves” crap. This has gone too far.

32. miss_j_bean says:

p.s. I should note, I do not have the brand whipped lightening. it is just “Cream” (givemecream.com) and it tasted nothing like gasoline, it was pretty good. It says “grain neutral” spirits. My friends and I all thought it was vodka-ish.