The illicit economy of phishers and malware perpetrators is growing more sophisticated, and more brazen. “Bulletproof” hosting sites that offered to protect their users from attacks and takedown requests now have corporate-like web pages offering a menu of a la carte services. The only limit is no spam and no porn. Hey, even they have standards.
Badware Hosting Sites Growing More Sophisticated, Offer Menu Of Services
By Ben Popken November 15, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Whatever Happened To GeoCities, Lycos, Netscape & Other Giants Of Web 1.0?
- Great, Now Hackers Are Apparently Hiding Malware In Job Applications Submitted Online
- Disney’s Search Engine Patent Lumps Movie Piracy In With Child Porn
- Sally Beauty: Investigation Confirms Customer Payment Info May Have Been Put At Risk, But Not Debit PINs
- Amazon Bans Ads Using Adobe Flash From Its Sites