Choose A Multivitamin

Multivitamins come in an array of packages like “Silver,” “Kids Chewables,” and “Schwarzenegger,” but it’s all marketing. Just buy the cheapest. They’re all the same, just in different colored boxes. That’s the advice Consumer Reports is dishing out after it tested 21 different kinds of multivitamins, and finding most were indistinguishable from one another, with two exceptions.

Most all of the multivitamins dissolved properly and contained the amount of ingredients listed on the label, and none were contaminated by heavy metals or excessive doses of any vitamin or mineral.

However, some samples of two of the priciest multivitamins, Rite Aid Whole Source Mature Adult, and Vitamin Shoppe One Daily, didn’t dissolve fully. That’s important so you get all the vitamins. Samples from two of the three lots of One Daily tested also only had 73% of the vitamin A listed on the label.

So if you’re going to buy a multivitamin, get the least expensive one. Or, you can just eat a balanced diet and not buy any multivitamins at all. Most people who eat right don’t need them, unless they are pregnant or on a strict diet.

Multivitamins [Consumer Reports Health]

RELATED
Dangerous Dietary Supplements

Comments

1. joecoolest says:

Flintstones chewables!

• invisibelle says:

+1 – people laugh at me when they see I use Flintstones, but I’ve been saying all along they’re the same exact thing as a Centrum or something more “adult.”

• lenagainster says:

pretty much the same as adult MV, but I found when I put a Flintstone MV in my pill box with other meds, there must be some interaction and the Flintstone gets black spots on it and seems to soften. Have to keep them separate.

• docshar says:

I use Flintstones chewables too! There’s something in some adult vitamins I’m apparently allergic too — I start throwing up within about 15 minutes of taking them. I don’t know what exactly it is, so there’s no way to know which adult vitamins have it and which don’t. I figured a children’s chewable vitamin must be OK for me, and it is.

• BDSanta2001 says:

It’s the Zinc.

• ShadowFalls says:

In many cases when people are allergic to medications, it involves sulfur. Though chewables are not the best as unless you just swallow it, the entire thing does not end up in your stomach.

When it comes to vitamins, the deciding factor is which one includes more of the ones you personally need the most. Everyone tends to have at least one deficiency. Normally you can make that up with just the foods you eat though.

• LordTwinkie says:

I wish I had that super power.

• ChuckECheese says:

Just last night I attended a 2-hr Mayo Clinic lecture on celiac disease. The gastroenterologist recommended Flintstones Chewables (2 a day for adults) for people recovering from celiac-related nutritional injuries to the body. She said regular vitamins make a lot of people nauseous.

• lostdisk says:

Flintstone Complete chewable vitamins are also for adults! If you check the label it has the same values as most adult vitamins. They are also only meant for people 12 or older and they suggest a half of one for people under 12. I’ve been taking them for years!

2. travel_nut says:

I remember my health professor in college (who was also a chiropractor) getting all upset because a pregnant patient of his was taking a multivitamin from Target. Horrors! He actually accused her of trying to kill her baby. Yeah, he was nuts.

• coffeeculture says:

chiropractor giving prenatal medical advice? ROFL

He wasn’t nuts, he wasn’t a real medical professional.

• Mimet says:

So. ..because he isn’t a doctor or surgeon he’s not a “real” medical professional. And here I (as a massage therapy student) thought that chiropractors were the more respected of the two of us. Yeesh. I don’t believe he should have been giving prenatal advice (but the context seems like he was merely suggesting since it was a patient/client) but to say a chiropractor isn’t a real medical professional. …just, wow. I guess I should have skipped pre-med and saved all that money.

• vaguelyobscene says:

No, he’s not. He has some basic medical training, yes. He knows anatomy, yes. But he is not licensed to diagnose or treat beyond what he is trained in, which is physical therapy.

Having worked as administrative support in the physical therapy and massage therapy business field for a long time, I notice a lot of PT and MT techs getting up in arms about not being called real doctors. It is high time that you see that you are not.

• BBP says:

I saw a chiropractor a few months back for a slight twinge in my back. While I was being assessed, he informed me that people see him to cure their asthma as well as cancer.

I never made a second appointment.

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard this, either! Very odd, if you as me.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

These are the same people/profession that touts the hcg diet (which you lose weight from eating only 500 calories a day, not the hcg), exterior liposuction, detoxification through your feet, and other hokey and unproven medical advice

Chiros need to stick to what they are good at–popping backs. Love me some back popping.

• JulesNoctambule says:

My uncle is a chiropractor and he loathes all that new-agey snake oil crap; thinks it’s nothing more than a way for crooks to lure in the gullible and weak-minded. Can’t say I disagree, either.

• jebarringer says:

I hope he realizes that chiropractic was founded on snake-oil. Seriously, the dude thought that he was able to restore a guy’s hearing by adjusting his back. Also, current evidence shows that the only thing chiropractic *might* actually be useful for is lower back pain. And even then, you get just as good, if not better, results from being treated by a physical therapist. So in short, a chiropractor claiming that he can do ANYTHING beyond perhaps slightly relieving lower back pain is himself peddling snake-oil.

• zekebullseye says:

You haven’t met my chiro then. Man’s a wizard. I leave his office pain-free every time.

• Bibliovore says:

My aunt, a physical therapist, comments that when people go to a physical therapist they go for a little while, learn the exercises and how to help themselves, they get better, and then they can stop going — but with a chiropractor, you have to keep going back over and over.

• MaytagRepairman says:

I’ve visited a few chiropractors over my life. I’d say about one-third are nuts. Some sell over-priced vitamins. One was always telling me that kids should never get vaccines.

• watch me boogie says:

My Dad told me he started seeing a chiropractor who is convinced that his various ailments are the result of heavy metals and toxins in his system, and of course sells pricey chelating treatments.

Fuck. Now begins the Attempt to Keep My Aging and Naive Parents From Bankrupting Themselves period of my life.

• Yenier says:

I took Target vitamins for my 2 pregnancies, and had 2 very healthy, robust kids. As long as you get your Folic Acid and see your doctor regularly to prevent problems. There are a lot of crazies out there.

• Paintmann says:

I went to a chiropractor 1 time, left as soon as he starting telling me how God was healing me and he was just the vessel. Yea, I’ll stick with my sore back.

• Snaptastic says:

I met one who assumed I wanted to procreate for some reason–so he babbled on about how adjusting part of my back would open channels for me to have babies. I looked at him and asked if he could kink that part of my spine further so that I can stop taking birth control pills. He looked at me with an expression of total bewilderment.

• LordTwinkie says:

a vessel of love

3. Senchou says:

I just go with the cheapest gummi vitamins. Those things are delicious.

• womynist says:

I get the gummy ones too because I have difficulty swallowing pills. It’s great–they’re like getting a treat and your vitamins & minerals at the same time!

• jessjj347 says:

They don’t have as many vitamins in them because I think they don’t have any water soluble vitamins (or is it insoluble? – one of the two heh).

• Difdi says:

Those are decent, but my favorite is the Vita-ball brand. Daily multivitamins in the form of bubblegum.

4. silver-spork says:

I really like the multivitamin+mineral at Trader Joe’s. Cheap and the pills are small for multivitamins.

• Thyme for an edit button says:

About how big are they? I am interested in a small multivitamin, but have a hard time swallowing pills. I have some chewables, but don’t like the taste and would pill I could swallow

• sumocat says:

I was switching between the TJ pills and the chewables before settling on the chewables. The vitamin levels in the pills are ridiculously high for B and a few others. Makes sense if you don’t eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, but the chewable makes more sense for my eating habits.

5. PencilSharp says:

The family’s multi-of-choice is currently One-A-Day Gummis. Ironically, you have to chew two a day. Two teens + One Beloved Wife + 50 gummies to a bottle = $$$! I’ve tried other (cheaper) gummies, but they don’t like the taste. Anybody in Consumerist Nation got any suggestions?

• axhandler1 says:

Stop giving them multi-vitamins? There have been a number of studies done recently showing that the long-term benefits to taking a multi-vitamin daily are negligible, at best.

• axhandler1 says:

Here’s the article about the study, in case anyone is interested:

• CountryJustice says:

While I concede that, from a bio-chemical perspective, the long term benefits from taking vitamins may be negligible, I do experience a change in my demeanor on days when I forget to take my vitamins (I take a multi and a B complex). This change usually involves a moderate level of fatigue and a harder time concentrating, in general. In turn, I’m more likely to spend more time completing my daily tasks and will feel less inclined to pursue things like exercise or other activities outside the workplace; the effects of which are undoubtedly detrimental to my long-term health and happiness.

So while taking vitamins in and of itself isn’t necessarily going to keep me alive, NOT taking them–in my perspective–is far too risky to even consider.

• craptastico says:

B vitamins FTW. they really do make a difference. they give you a much bigger boost than caffeine. if you look at the “5 hour energy” drinks all they really are is a B vitamin

• zekebullseye says:

If you eat like my daughter who likes every fruit or vegetable you put in front of her, I would say yes. If you eat like my son who’s never touched anything green ever, I beg to differ. I’m sure he needs his vitamins because he won’t get them any other way.

• kalaratri says:

I buy mine from BJs in a big ol’ bulk bottle.

• sprocket79 says:

VitaFusion Gummy vitamins. I take them every day. I like the taste of them. I used to get them at Target until I found out that they sell them at Costco. http://www.nwnaturalproducts.com/vitafusion/products-multi-vites.php

6. BocaMan says:

When I was a kid, my parents gave us prescription chewables. They had fluoride, which I guess accounts for the prescription, but it always seemed silly to me even then because our water was fluoridated, as well as our toothpaste. Does anybody still give their kids vitamins with fluoride today?

• TakingItSeriously is a Technopile says:

We do the Fluoride for our son. He’s only 4, and the dentist prescribed it.

• carlathecommander says:

Yes. My pediatrician prescribed some for my daughter a few months ago. But then again, he’s been a doctor since 1954.

• KJR52 says:

We were given fluoride tablets when I was a kid, but’s that’s because we were on well water, not city water, so we didnt have it in the water supply. As soon as we moved to a place where we were on city water, we stopped taking the fluoride.

• cupcake_ninja says:

I don’t give my kids any fluoride supplements per our dentist and pediatrician. Both have said the fluoride in our water is sufficient, although our pediatrician has said that we may use fluoridated water (such as Nursery Water) if we’re not comfortable using tap water. Our dentist actually recommended that we do not use fluoridated toothpaste with our kids until they are very proficient with spitting the toothpaste out because the fluoride, if swallowed, does more harm than good at a young age.

• LordTwinkie says:

“Does anybody still give their kids vitamins with fluoride today?”

only if you want to mind control them.

7. trey says:

whatever is on sale

8. MustWarnOthers says:

I usually have an iron stomach for most things, but every multivitamin I take gives me nausea or stomach aches.

I tried out a Liquid Multivitamin and it was the best money I’ve ever spent. Source of Life makes a good one. It’s like this grass-clipping-green ooze, that sort of tastes like berries (It’s odd tasting), but if you mix it with a small glass of Orange Juice, you get a ecto cooler colored vitamin facepunch.

• Arcaeris says:

I had this same problem with the generic Costco brand vitamin. It would make me all bloated and feeling like I have to vomit. Surprisingly, the Centrum brand doesn’t do this to me, even though they’re probably the exact same pill.

• zippy says:

A lot of the time that is due to the cheap iron they use in the multivitamins. It’s hell trying to find a multivitamin that has the other minerals but no iron.

• ChuckECheese says:

Usually iron-free vitamins are marketed as men’s vitamins. A brand I like is Country Life. But like the doc said in the lecture I attended yesterday (see my post above), my next bottle of vitamins will be chewable.

9. Minj says:

The better consumer advice would be to tell people that they don’t need a multivitamin. Study after study shows no benefit. Are there benefits to individual vitamins for specific purposes? Yes. But the low dose shotgun approach has yet to be proven worthwhile.

• qwickone says:

Not even a placebo effect? I take a multi-vitamin mostly because I think it’s filling in whatever gaps I have in my diet (not too many, I think, I have a pretty balanced diet)

• bennilynn says:

In order for your body to be able to take advantage of necessary vitamins and minerals, they commonly have to be bound up chemically in a way you can process it. The added iron in Wheaties, for example, just goes right through you. Taking supplements rarely does any good. They say they contain a percentage of your daily needs, yes, but the bottle never actually indicates your body can use it.

• mebaman says:

I recall one study that concluded that taking a daily multivitamin provided no advantage over eating balanced meals on a daily basis.

Of course, if I were eating balanced meals on a daily basis, I don’t think I’d see the need for taking a daily multivitamin!

10. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

If your “diet” requires a multivitamin you’re doing it wrong.

My boyfriend is talking about going on Atkins (apparently he had great success in HS) and I’m just baffled. What’s wrong with picking up a carrot? Srsly?

• jason in boston says:

Not only that, but if one actually runs or does actual cardio…you need those carbs!

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Clearly you don’t understand what the Atkins-style diet does for your body. It forces your body to adjust how it metabolizes food. It is in fact effective, but does have its downsides. The biggest being restricting types of foods you eat, and thus a multivitamin is recommended.

• jessjj347 says:

The downside is that once people are done the diet they go right back to eating bad carbs and gain all of the weight back.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

That is one potential outcome, yes. But that assumes the dieter would resume old habits. And you shouldn’t assume.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

Since only a minute percentage of people who lose weight manage to keep it off (it’s in the single digits) it’s a pretty safe assumption.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

Another downside is that it taxes your kidneys. My dad got two kidney stones, and the doc said they were most likely related to the diet. The best thing to do is permanently adjust your eating habits slowly, and add some exercise. If you do that, the weight will come off and stay off.

• tofupuppy says:

I read an article yesterday that cited a long-term study (20 years) of people following a meat-based high-protein, low-carb diet. Those that were “high” adherents (more protein, less carbs) had something like a 20% greater chance than an average person to die of heart disease, high blood pressure, and related causes. Food for thought.

/Yes, I googled to see if I could find that study but it was nowhere to be found. The article was also from a publication from a vegan-advocacy organization so I guess it has to be taken with a grain of salt.

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

Exactly. You’re starving your body of a balanced nutrient profile, which is why you lose weight so quickly. You’re starving yourself while gorging on fat. Doesn’t make sense.

• Awesome McAwesomeness says:

I also wanted to add that even people who eat well are deficient in some vitamins. I am vitamin D deficient. I have fair skin and red hair and must limit my sun exposure. In addition, I am allergic to milk. So, I take a supplement. I also do not eat much red meat or eggs, so I am deficient in B12. It doesn’t mean I don’t have a good diet. I just prefer to eat as much of a plant based diet as I can.

• Etoiles says:

Yeah. Also a blue-eyed, very fair, freckled redhead and I burn in the sun horribly easily. Also I have an allergic reaction to almost every sunscreen I’ve ever tried. So I don’t get much vitamin D from the whole “go outside” thing.

And watching my mother-in-law deal with several diseases that start with calcium deficiency and are exacerbated horribly by severe vitamin D deficiency? I’ll take my daily store-brand Centrum knock-off.

• Paladin_11 says:

Unless you’re opposed to eating “enhanced” foods there are other ways to get vitamin D. For instance, there are D-enhanced versions of orange juice available.

• Michaela says:

If 10 minutes of sunlight cause you to burn, your diet choices are the least of your worries.
        ( http://www.australianprescriber.com/magazine/33/4/103/6 )

Also, even as a vegetarian (who does not drink milk), I have been able to maintain healthy levels of vitamins and nutrients through my diet and lifestyle. It seems that you probably fall into the category of people who have medical conditions that force them to need a vitamin.

• LastError says:

Agreed. I don’t get much sun and when I do, I burn. So I take 2000 units of D a day to compensate, and I also take a B-complex supplement every day with a mega dose of B12 every other day. Plus fish oil.

I do not take a general multivitamin.

• Shmoodog says:

I personally don’t know enough about the chemical makeup of food to dose myself with ALL of the vitamins I need. In addition, you CAN’T GET Vitamin D from food. And, since you won’t offer a footnote to your all encompassing dietary statement, here’s one, which shows that many Americans are vitamin D deficient. http://www.grassrootshealth.net/

I just don’t see how taking a multi-vitamin could be bad for children, teenagers, adults, or seniors. And if they are doing their “diet” wrong, then shouldn’t they be taking a multi vitamin for certain then?

• Michaela says:

I suggest taking note of what you eat over a week and look up the nutrition facts. Notice where you may be lacking on the food pyramid and revise your meals. There. No multivitamin needed (unless you have a previous condition). It really isn’t hard.

Also, just get some sun to get some vitamin D. Seriously. I don’t mean you should go out and bake, but about 15 minutes without sun protection won’t kill you. It will save you from buying a useless pill though (again, only useless if you do not have a condition that requires you to take them).

While it may have come off as a little troll-ish, I believe the poster meant to show the view of many of us out there who feel that vitamins are honestly just a waste of money.

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

“I assume this is just a “troll” comment, since the statement, “If your “diet” requires a multivitamin you’re doing it wrong” – is nonsensical.”

You’re wrong. It is indeed a fact that people who eat a proper diet (and who don’t have certain medical issues) have no need at all for any supplemental vitamins. Period.

• outis says:

Really? Aside from fish and liver, right? And eggs? And mushrooms?

• haggis for the soul says:

Not everyone can/will eat everything they need to eat in a day, so we supplement.

11. Green Beer Day says:

Target Multi-Vitamin makes super neon yellow pee!

• blogger X says:

So does Animal Pak!

• ArcanaJ says:

That’s the iron. Nature Made vitamins do the same thing.

• selianth says:

Huh. When I was taking just a straight iron supplement (as directed by my doctor since I was anemic), it didn’t turn my pee neon yellow. I did, however, poop a lovely dark green-black color.

• PanCake BuTT says:

You might want to be careful, I can kidney stones in your very near future from not drinking enough water along with those ‘quality’ vitamins you’re taking. Just an fYi. Cheers!

• LordTwinkie says:

wait a minute my pee isn’t supposed to be super neon yellow?

• Taliskan says:

It’s the B-complex in your multivitamin. It will turn your pee neon yellow first couple of times after taking it. As long as you drink enough liquids your pee should resume normal color before taking the next pill, in my experience at least.

12. Cantras says:

If your vitamin makes you queasy, gives you a stomach-ache, or gives you (this one I don’t understand and I’ve never seen anyone else list it, but it correlates for me) back pain —

Take a look at the iron content. Women’s vitamins especially tend to have 80-100% of the recommendation for Iron, and that seems to be the cause. Right now I take a “men’s” vitamin and it has 40-odd% of the DV for iron, that’s about as high as I can handle. I’ve had vitamins with less(I think it was an “active” or “sport” type vitamin, which seems counterintuitive). Just look around.

The other point of this is to read the labels on what you’re getting. You might have requirements to not tank up on vitamin C, or maybe you need extra B-vitamins… or maybe iron gets you sick. Ignore the men’s, women’s, teens, old people advertising labels.

• jessjj347 says:

Where does this claim about iron come from? Just curious because I heard it mentioned by someone recently.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

You heard right below on my comment! Lol.

Iron isn’t excreted, it accumulated in your body. You only lose a tiny amount every day, so that’s the amount you need to replenish daily. Excessive iron can cause the acceleration of a myriad of diseases, including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.

• Julia789 says:

Women of child bearing age usually don’t have problems with excess iron (and sometimes become anemic) because they lose iron monthly when they have their period. Growing children and pregnant women also have different requirements, ask a doctor or a registered dietician, or check the USDA recommendations.

Men are usually the ones who have problems with excess iron. They often like their red meat, and don’t have periods to get rid of excess iron. The solution is to donate blood once in a while at Red Cross or a local hospital. That keeps iron levels in check.

The daily requirements for iron you see on boxes or bottles are an average requirement for the population as a whole, but a doctor or registered dietician (always a legally registered dietician or doctor, NEVER a “nutritionist” that legally requires no training and often have diploma mill degrees or fake certifications) will recommended iron intake based on your sex and age, and current diet habits.

• MaytagRepairman says:

My wife is anemic and her doctor prescribed iron supplements. Anecdotal, but they do hurt her stomach.

• selianth says:

Too much iron can cause constipation. When I was on it, my doctor recommended a daily glass of prune juice if I had any problem. I chose instead to take my pills with meals, which reduced the absorption but kept my digestive system from having issues without resorting to prune juice.

• haggis for the soul says:

I found this to be very true with regular iron, but I don’t get the upset stomach thing with Bifera.

• MaytagRepairman says:

On the flip side, men should not take vitamins designed for women. IIRC, the high iron content elevates their risk for heart attacks.

13. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

I feel this is wildly misleading – what is in those vitamins is sometimes very important. Men’s vitamins oftentimes do not contain iron because men typically get enough from meat – and too much iron is bad for you. Pregnant and pre-natal women also need extra of certain items and should specifically get vitamins designed for them. So the actual contents can be vitally important, while the brand never is.

14. dr_ting says:

I am going to follow my HS Human Psy teacher’s advice, and only take Flinstones chewable vitamins.

• jessjj347 says:

Gummy vitamins don’t contain water soluble vitamins, e.g. vitamin c and b.

• nbs2 says:

The chewables aren’t gummi-vites. The chewables are like a proprietary chalk blend. It’s what kids used before gummi-vites showed up.

15. Chongo says:

I was always under the impression that the pill form of multivitamins does not absorb as much into your body as a liquid vitamin. is this incorrect? I have a hard time swallowing bigger pills but if its cheaper than the liquid AND it does the same thing…

16. Yenier says:

• CalicoGal says:

So the Target brand Vitamins are directly responsible for your kids’ health? Absurd.

I guess you think that had you not taken the Target vitamins, your kids would unhealthy, shadows of what they are.
      Correlation does not imply causation. Anecdotes are not scientific evidence.

17. Difdi says:

Different brands of multivitamins contain different additives, fillers, preservatives, etc. Some people are allergic to one brand but not another, even if actual vitamin content and absorption is identical.

18. nybiker says:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ve been following this advice for years and I couldn’t be happier:

“LUCY : Hello Friends, I’m your Vitameatavegemin girl. Are you tired, run down, listless? Do you poop out at party’s? Are you unpopular? The answer to all your problems is in this little bottle, Vitameatavegemin. Vitameatavegemin contains vitamins, meat, vegetables and minerals. Yes, with Vitameatavegemin you can spoon your way to health. All you do it take a spoonful after every meal. It’s so tasty too. It’s just like candy. So why don’t you join the thousands of happy peppy people and get a great big bottle of Vitameatavegemin tomorrow. That’s Vita-Meata-Vegemin

LUCY : Well, I’m your Vitivigvegivat Girl. Are you tired, run down, listless? Do you pop out at party’s? Are you unpoopular? Well, are you? The answer to all your problems is in this little ‘ol bottle, Vitameatavegemin. That’s it. Vitameatavegemin contains vitamins, meat, megetables and vinerals. So why don’t you join that thousands of happy peppy people and get a great big bottle of Vitaveatyvemeanyminimoe. I’ll tell you what you have to do. You have to take a whole tablespoon full after every meal. It’s so tasty too. It’s just like candy. So everybody get a bottle of this stuff.”

19. sdancer says:

There’s also the question why you would want to take multivitamins at all. Most of the stuff is horribly overdosed, and has the potential to do harm in the long run through sheer overdose.

Vitamin C? Suspected of raising the danger of osteoporosis, especially in women, due to reduced calcium uptake.

Vitamin E and other anti-oxidants? Some research points to those actually increasing cancer risk by reducing the aging stress for cancer cells.

IMO, the only sane approach is to have regular qualified checkups, and only take targeted, low-dose supplements when there’s an actual deficiency. Apart from that, have a sensible diet, and save the money.

• CalicoGal says:

This is the most sensible comment here.

Might I add that science now suggests that vitamins can “feed” a cancer.

• NORMLgirl says:

Here are some things I learned from Nutrition and Food Science courses:

Over the counter multivitamins are not regulated by the FDA. Just look at the recalls of products that ARE regulated by government agencies!

Also, a danger of taking multivitamins with high dose levels is that there is a chance that when you stop taking them you can create a deficiency. Your body can get used to high doses and then your needed daily requirement can go up.

Be careful when taking vitamin supplements. Water soluble vitamins can be removed through urine but fat soluble (A, D, E, K) can be stored in the body.

During pregnancy is the only time that I see a need for a multivitamin. And the one I use is prescribed, so I know it is being monitored by the FDA.

20. guaporico says:

Thanks for linking to a study that requires you to sign in for the results. The summary is there but provides little other than “most brands came out fine”.

Sigh.

21. Kristoffer says:

Glad to hear this. I have been buying off Puritans Pride for years and had people tell me that their vitamins were too cheap to be any good.

I get together with a few family members or co-workers and stock up since they always have a Buy 2 Get 3 Free sale going on.

22. supergeorgina says:

Or have re-arranged intestines!

23. AntiNeutral says:

Same for aspirin………aspirin is aspirin……..buy the cheapest