Final Chance To Vote On The Worst Ad In America!

After almost a week of voting — and nearly 100,000 votes — it’s down to the final hours before we shut down the polling on Consumerist’s first ever Worst Ad In America Awards.

If you’re coming into the game late, you can click here to read a bit about the nominees and download the printable PDF of all the nominees here.

Without further ado, here are the nominees for the 6 categories. Voting ends at 8 p.m. ET tonight, so hurry up and make your voice heard!

Remember, the main reason Consumerist can hold a contest like this is because we don’t take outside advertising or corporate sponsorships and we are 100% supported by consumers. Please consider supporting independent blogging. $5 you give us is $5 we don’t have to get from a corporation. CLICK HERE TO DONATE!

Comments

1. Holybalheadedchrist! says:

Wow, that’s a bad add, for the win.

2. dg says:

Actually, all ads are bad because they play them ad nauseum.

3. Xerloq says:

Ugh! I hate not being able to vote from work.

4. ablestmage says:

Flo, from Progressive, desperately need to have an tragically unfortunate encounter with an umbrella, a jar of vaseline, and several dozen spatula-wielding General Grievouses on crack. After that, I might shop there.

5. invisibelle says:

I don’t hate Flo, per se, but I have found myself wondering many-a-time how on earth she was elevated to spokesperson level. It’s just an incomprehensible choice.

6. AwesomeJerkface says:

Life is so different when you don’t watch broadcasted TV. Between Netflix and Hulu I haven’t needed to get an antennae or cable so I don’t remember the last time I saw a televised commercial.

These are all hilarious if you don’t watch them more than once let alone as frequently as you do during a broadcast.

• Fortyseven says:

Precisely; I loved the Quiznos ad up there (especially in light of the followup versions they did with dogs, squirrels, etc.), but if I had to hear that five times an hour I’d probably blow my brains out… with a toasty $3 bullet.

OH GOD, THE AD WORKED.

7. PencilSharp says:

Whew. Finally got my vote in (home pc is down due to crappy compaqitis).

Jeez, so many gawdawful choices. But at least I finally got to formally smack the otherwise erudite Ben Stein around for pushing those con artists at FreeScore. Oh, and I never want to hear about catheters, used or otherwise.

8. IGNORE says:

I’ve never seen any of those ads, just lucky I guess.

(I don’t watchem TV)