While The Children Ran For Ice Cream, She Reached For Her Bleach

From the disproportionate reaction file comes a Sacramento, California woman arrested for tossing bleach all over an ice cream man. Were they out of Huckleberry Fudge Swirl? Nope, she thought the ice cream man had shortchanged her a week ago.

Ice Cream Vendor Attacked With Bleach [KCRA] (Thanks to Alice!)

Comments

1. ALP5050 says:

Well maybe he didn’t have any double mint chocolate left..

• Preyfar says:

It looks like she may, uh… be a substance user. Maybe she was high, fancied herself the Flavor Fairy.

“I shall turn the world vanilla. DING!”

2. Torgonius wants an edit button says:

Did she pitch for the NY Mets in 1993?

3. UCLAri: Allergy Sufferer says:

I want to know what the guy in the Clorox suit up there is doing now.

Also, bad consumer indeed. However, not that shocking from Sacramento, amirite?

4. Moosehawk says:

What’s with people tossing chemicals all over each other lately?

5. Ben says:

Maybe they were out of vanilla and she was trying to bleach the chocolate?

• PencilSharp says:

HATE it when people beat me to a punchline. Good one, Ben. Now, if there were only some color-safe way to get the ripple out of the fudge ripple…

6. MercuryPDX says:

In the event you get Bleach or some other liquid chemical thrown in your eyes, rinse the affected eye(s) for at least 10 minutes. If you get it in only one eye: run the water so that it flows to the back of the head (from nose to ear) and not across the face and into the unaffected eye.

7. myCatCracksMeUp says:

I love the Clorox ad. I guessed it was old from the general look of the ad and from the gold tub and blue toilet. I had to zoom in to see that it was indeed from 1974. The only think it’s missing is an avocado green appliance.

Also, I hope the woman gets the book thrown at her.

8. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Perhaps she really didn’t want to take the extra bite from the Popsicle that the ice cream man tried to give her b/c it contained HFCS… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W40yHDFxkAY

9. packcamera says:

Judging by her mugshot, it looks like she was the one who received chemical burns to the face – what a sexy broad…

• dolemite says:

I love you ice cream man! /splashes his face with bleach. My husband says this is how we show love! /splash /splash

• JayDeEm says:

After looking at that I could use some eye bleach. Perhaps she was just trying to do him a favor?

• Chumas says:

Damn, not even after 6 months in Iraq and 2 bottle of Jack. I’d rather fuck a camel.

• Conformist138 says:

I thought maybe you guys were all being a little too mean until I looked at the photo and no, no you are not.

That is one hell of a frightening Halloween mask shoved over last year’s shriveled jack-o-lantern.

Tossing the bleach is bad, but she should get extra time for haunting that poor ice cream man’s dreams for the rest of his life *shudder*

10. AllanG54 says:

Hell, she just thought his uniform wasn’t white enough.

11. jimmyhl says:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

12. Hungry Dog says:

You scream, I scream … OH GOD I’M STILL SCREAMING!!

13. kriswone says:

How much was she shortchanged?
    Could the shortchange be considered a tip?
    How much ice cream is this lady buying where she got upset about being shortchanged?
    How much money did she spend on bleach?
    How much is she gonna have to pay to still go to jail?

I want some ice cream.

I used to deliver pizza, and some people would ask for the change, even when it was 5 cents, and give me no tip, and i thought that was a jerk-move, lol, now i think those people were nice.

14. quijote says:

Does anyone know how different types of physical assault are legally categorized? Is it based on the amount of damage done? Is intent taken into consideration? This type of assault seems to be much more severe than the ice cream vendors brawl we saw a few weeks ago http://consumerist.com/2010/08/video-ice-cream-men-clash-in-street-brawl.html. She obviously planned it, and it would seem her intent was to cause permanent damage to his face/eyesight.

15. nextyearsgirl says:

We’re always preaching for consumers to deal directly with the people they have a problem with, but this is a bit much.

16. LaurelHS says:

Wow. I got short-changed at Tim Hortons yesterday, but it never occurred to me to attack the cashier with bleach, I just pointed out the error to the cashier and she gave me the correct change. Why the hell didn’t Karen Washington just do that?

17. mykie says:

I was buying ice cream from our local ice cream guy and didn’t have enough change to cover it.

The guy said “get me back next time!” with a smile and drove off.

He didn’t even throw bleach in my face!

18. defectiveburger says:

stay classy, sacramento

19. Forbidden says:

Depending on the type of bleach, it likely contains a fair quantity of chlorine, which, when sprayed, vaporizes into chlorine gas, which is a chemical weapon.

• RvLeshrac says:

I’m a fan of rendition and GItmo for cases like this!

Stupidity of this magnitude should never be rewarded with a short prison sentence.

20. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

I know what I want to be for halloween.

21. stint7 says:

It’s because all that crap had corn sugar in it! I grow my Popsicles in my organic garden.