Chase Bank Is Back Online

After more than 24 hours of complete uselessness, Chase’s website came back to life late Tuesday night.

The crash left over 16 million Chase customers without online access to their bank and credit card accounts. However, the problem caused no disturbance to credit or debit transactions and the bank says that automated payments were not affected by the disruption.

As of right now, no official explanation has been given for the outage other than “technical difficulties.”

Comments

1. DH405 says:

I’m glad they fixed it on time for me to make a payment to my credit card. I couldn’t make it into a branch and didn’t have time/cell minutes to wait on hold for 2 hours.

2. myCatCracksMeUp says:

Sorry to be off topic here, but what happened to the rogue wallet story? It was there, and when I tried to comment I got an error, and after refreshing the page, the story was gone.

3. justagigilo85 says:

How long until we see consumerist articles with people that failed to pay their bills with Chase online and, as a consequence, lost their house?

4. Astrid says:

So when do I find out that my account info was hacked?

5. JustLurking says:

It must have been REAL late Tuesday night because I was unable to login at about 11:50 pm.

6. TPA says:

Isn’t Chase useless regardless of the status of their website?

7. Hil-fish says:

It’s not working again – I’ve been trying to login for about 20 minutes now….

8. flacoman954 says:

Just tried now …. It’s no workee…

9. Dilbitz says:

Me either. I enter my info and it just sits there and tells me that it cannot reconize my info. Ugh….this is actually the THIRD day this has been down. It went down sometime tuesday evening. I tried to access my account at 6:30 central on tuesday and it wasn’t working. I tried to go to the ATM to figure out how much I had in my account, and it states that I have $34 MORE than I had the previous day, and no one made any deposits. It’s quite confusing.

10. evnmorlo says:

Yay, I can pay my credit card!… oh, wait

11. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

At one point yesterday afternoon the message said “scheduled maintenance”.

I can log in today but it hangs for a bit before showing the summary page.

12. Gilcole says:

Back my ass, I still can’t check my balance,,, Oh, never mind I iz happy, payday! :O

13. chucklesjh says:

Yeah, back up and running…my ass! It tells me my password is invalid and tells me I need to reset it. It then proceeds to give me a 404 error while trying to reset.

14. Tracer Bullet says:

I still get the following message:

“The website is temporarily unavailable, we’re working quickly to restore access”

I guess their idea of quickly is somewhat different then mine.

15. milkcake says:

Um, still not working…

16. post_break says:

It’s still down for me.

17. Yeah Right says:

Site is down again overwhelmed by the 16.5 million who couldn’t log in yesterday.

18. portwineboy says:

It was up earlier this morning, it’s down again. What’s going on?

19. Lucky225 says:

It’s down yet again..

20. Tracer Bullet says:

i can enter my username and password again but it errors out when i try to connect

21. flyairdave says:

No it is not.

22. WorkingDad says:

UPDATE: Bloomberg Businessweek reports, “JPMorgan Chase & Co., whose website failed today for the second time this week, will refund late fees and help fix other problems for 16.6 million online customers unable to access their accounts.”

23. Tracer Bullet says:

finally back up for me

24. Platypi {Redacted} says:

It APPEARS it wants to work, but it really doesn’t. Kind of like one of my wife’s relatives collecting unemployment.

25. the_Jenkins says:

While it may be “fixed”, my wife and I keep getting error messages when trying to log in. Something is still jacked up.

26. keepntabs says:

I just tried, and received an Unable to Log On (Error Code L0013) message. It’s 10:15 a.m. PDT.

• tsumeone says:

13:21EST (so 6 minutes later I guess)

Still not working :( – same message and I really gotta pay that one.

27. twinedog says:

I am still having a trouble logging in.

28. GearheadGeek says:

They changed the failure mode so that they could close the first incident and open a new one and it won’t look on the books like a single incident has gone on for over 36 hours, even though it has. They have metrics to maintain, don’t you know? Never mind the REASON those metrics exist in the first place, it’s all about having good numbers.

It pretends to be available until I try to login. Then it thinks for a minute or two and returns “Unable to Log On (Error Code LO013)”

29. MikeyMike says:

I was able to enter my user id and password, but then got an error message.

30. RDSwords says:

I’m still getting the same error message other people are getting. You enter your login info, wait 20 seconds, and then you get an error.

31. sugarplum says:

Still can’t get in. And a payment I made Monday that was supposed to be paid Tuesday for a credit card still hasn’t posted to the credit card. So what’s going on? It’s more than a login issue!

32. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

Arg! Still down for me.

“I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed.”

33. stebu says:

it is exceptionally frustrating that it is still down, yet there is no indication of that fact on the chase website.

34. Serenefengshui says:

Still couldn’t get in as late as 1pm PST today…going to check again.

35. Roe says:

It’s now 7:39 pm PST and I just checked it. Everything is there and accounted for. I was nervous because I have automatic deposit and today is payday. When I checked at midnight Tues. I couldn’t get on either. But it seems to be working just fine now. I use Google Chrome for my web browser. Could the web browser have anything to do with it?

36. BadBart says:

I just (8:30 PM Pacific 9/15) verified with them by phone that even though it seems to be working, online payments can’t be processed. That includes payments that were posted before the troubles started–mine are stuck “in process.” No ETA for when it will be back.

According to the person I spoke with, the bank will be covering any late fees assessed due to this problem. Time will tell.