Truth In Advertising For Pork Rinds?

W shot this photo at his local grocery store, leaving it a mystery as to exactly which crap-flavored snack the sign is labeling. You can see my guess from the headline, although I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the sign is referring to Vienna sausages instead.

Which snack do you think tastes the most like feces?

Comments

1. CaptCynic says:

I’ve had those before… they taste terrible.

2. Quake 'n' Shake says:

Which snack do you think tastes the most like feces?

Beef Jerky

/ Awaits the inevitable hazing from jerky lovers.

• shepd says:

You’re right, kippered beefsteak is much better.

• Dunkelzahn says:

OMG I H8 U SO MUCH, BEEF JERKY IS THE FOOD OF THE GODS!!!!1!one!

I really do like beef jerky, though. Just not store-bought beef jerky. Can’t buy it anymore after being introduced to my bestest friend and life-mate, the food dehydrator.

• Big Mama Pain says:

How do you know what feces taste like? : )

3. Tom Foolery says:

I’m not sure about taste, but Vegemite for appearance.

• sonneillon says:

It tastes pretty aweful at that, but the taste is closer to vomit than feces.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

You either love Vegemite or Marmite or hate it; there is no in-between. It’s definitely an acquired taste.

I like it on my buttered toast. :)

• speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

Miso (Japanese soybean paste to make soup with) tastes amazing, and looks…. well, they actually use cylinders of it to test toilets with, to be honest.

• Disappointed says:

When I visited Australia last year, I decided to take the plunge and try a bit of Vegemite. I spread it–thinly–over a small corner of a slice of toast. I thought that it tasted remarkably like soy sauce.

4. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Anyone else think the “Crap Flavor Snack” was photoshopped in? The font and color are way different.

5. MercuryPDX says:

Having never really eaten feces, I couldn’t say. o_O

6. Hedgy2136 says:

Well,

Having never tasted feces, I would not be able to give a fair comparison. Having said that, Vinegar and Salt potato chips are awful.

7. notovny says:

Cool Ranch Cow Chips.

8. MishyC says:

Anything durian flavored. Some say it smells of rotting meat, I say it smells like poo

9. Segador says:

Vienna Sausage is the only food product that has ever elicited an immediate gag reflex from me.

10. Dutchess says:

This sounds like a classic sign from the site Engrish.com.

It’s likely supposed to be CRAB flavored snacks.

They have all sorts of menus with CRAP instead of Crab.

11. lifeat24fps says:

I’ve got a friend who teaches English in Korea and this is exactly how the children pronounce and thus spell ‘crab': http://bit.ly/djnI4O

12. Disappointed says:

Wow! That’s a really good price for Crap Flavor Snack! My local grocery store sells it for twice that.

13. kompeitou says:

Binggrae Snacks
    With varieties of five snacks – Crab, Shrimp, Squid, Bacon, Beef Jerky- Binggrae’s snacks are loved by Russians.
    Packaging Language: Russian

14. Cantras says:

I remember a “relay race” in which every member in a team, in turn, had to pull a food from the bag and eat it, first team to eat everything won.
    I got twinkies. Some kids got jujubees (not gross, just hard to chew). and then there were the vienna sausages. One kid puked. >.>

15. Forty2 says:

I’m not a big fan of them, but pork rinds are far less unhealthy than potato chips, especially when the latter are fried in industrial crap oils like soy or canola.

The best ones are the chili-lime flavor. Those actually taste good instead of like your chewing on a pork-flavored candle.

16. fuceefacee says:

I guess all the good ideas for insightful articles at Consumerist have dried up. This article smells like shiat!

17. The Marionette says:

Wow those photoshopped…. ermm… crapp flavor snacks are really cheap.

18. sweettea says:

it is not photoshopped btw, I took the picture and sent it to my husband who also thought it was hilarious and sent it to consumerist. It was ‘crab’ flavored snack at this asian market in sterling virginia