Bedbugs Spread Across America In Search Of Delicious Fresh Humans

New York City is experiencing a bedbug infestation, with the critters back in the news for munching on humans at a movie theater and even the Empire State Building. We expect to hear about bedbugs in densely populated urban areas like New York and San Francisco, but NPR reports that the critters are showing up nationwide.

According to one expert, bedbugs may become as commonplace in America and western Europe as they were centuries ago.

“We’re now in the era where people travel everywhere,” [entomologist Michael] Raupp says. “They just don’t go to major cities like London or Paris. We have people going to second world countries and third world countries, where frankly, bedbugs are commonplace. And these guys are real troopers – they’re hitchhikers and stowaways.”

“So whenever we travel, there’s always a possibility that we can bring bedbugs home with us. And bedbugs don’t discriminate. This is not a matter of poor sanitation or poor housekeeping or uncleanliness.”

Bedbugs Aren’t Just Back; Now They’re Spreading [NPR]

Comments

1. Cantras says:

Blood-sucking creatures freak me out. I’ve adjusted to mosquitoes; they’re pretty frail and if you smack one it’s dead (and I don’t live in a malaria-infested country). Ticks give me the screaming heebie jeebies and are proof that god does not love you — what kind of loving god creates a creature that grows to 50x its original size by consuming blood, and if you kill it it might LEAVE ITS HEAD IN YOUR SKIN?

Bed-bugs are not at screamy as ticks, but they’re up there. They look like tiny versions of those hissing cockroaches, they can make for some terrifying pictures, and the males just jam their penis through the female’s exoskeleton since she doesn’t have an actual vagina.

I hate to be That Guy though, but I’m not seeing the consumer angle. Maybe “look closely at your hotel bedsheets”? Could be articulated in the stub a little better. :/

• summeroflove says:

Trust me, if you ever got hit by bed bugs, you will *definitely* see the consumer angle. You can, quite literally, get taken to the cleaners financially.

• Cantras says:

i… will have to take my money to a laundromat?

If they’re pricey to get rid of, that helps with the consumer thing, but I still think it could be explained better in the posting. Shouldn’t have to rely on other commenters to find it.

• JCH4H says:

Umm did you not read…… ” This is not a matter of poor sanitation or poor housekeeping or uncleanliness.” Bed bugs have nothing to do with going to the laundry mat, in fact if you do go to the laundry mat and some one that had bed bugs was there….. those critters will hitchhike home with you.

They can lay dormant in picture frames, creases in furniture. Nasty little creatures. VERY hard to get rid of. If you get them, best advice is to trash ALL furniture, wash all clothes, and bomb your home.

• TacoChuck says:

If you are saying ‘bug bomb’ your home, that is 100% the wrong advice. That just makes them scatter to every corner of the house and makes your problem about 10 times worse.

• Cantras says:

My laundromat comment was in response to “You can, quite literally, get taken to the cleaners financially.” — “literally” meaning actually, no exaggeration, not being used as a figure of speech.

So summeroflove said, more or less, that I would have to take my money and financial documents to the laundromat.

• ninabi says:

It’s all making me rethink my frugal pleasure of poking through thrift shops, antique stores and garage sales looking for a find. Or at least selecting items that could be put in a just-warm-enough-to-kill-bedbugs oven for an hour.

• NotYou007 says:

Are you single?

• JamieSueAustin says:

One word about how God feels about you: Botfly

• pot_roast says:

Well, a lot of female bugs mate with males and then RIP THEIR HEADS OFF.

Bugs are just vile little critters. :)

• webweazel says:

“Ticks give me the screaming heebie jeebies and are proof that god does not love you –”

Ticks are a cakewalk next to these things. Still gives me nightmares once in a while:

2. MrsLopsided says:

OK. So how do we rid our hotels & homes of them?

• DoodlestheGreat says:

Several solutions are brought up here, including natural methods.

• FrugalFreak says:

that is a “guide” written by Pest control for one purpose….kaChing!

find real non-industry discussion on it consumers

• DorsalRootGanglion says:

Yeah, you’ll notice that about halfway down the Harvard site, there’s the comment about getting a licensed pest control operator to give you a hand. Yes, there’s a bedbug industry. However, the alternative isn’t pretty.

From first-hand experience, I can say that getting rid of bedbugs alone is almost impossible. It requires stripping down and completely caulking your house, covering everything with a super-fine coat of diatomecious earth, coating your bed legs with vaseline and putting the legs of the bed in little traps, etc. There aren’t sprays that you can safely apply to bedbugs and have them all die. Most of the heavy-duty stuff, such as Bedlam or Phantom, aren’t sold to the average person, are incredibly dangerous and, best of all, don’t work in one shot. *Nothing* does but heat or Vikane.

But sure, if educated consumers decide that the best thing to do is soak their mattresses in kerosene (yep!), throw out all their furniture but not their clothes (er), or pretend the bugs don’t exist, go ahead!

• Traveller says:

I spent good money to get good chemicals to kill the bedbug infestation I had a few years ago, and it was worth every last cent. I hated those bloodsuckers.

• myCatCracksMeUp says:

My daughter and her family had a terrible bed bug infestation. The had professional exterminators fumigate the house twice and still had bed bugs. They finally had a heat treatment done on the house, and finally the bed bugs are gone.

• dreamfish says:

Burn everything.

• beoba says:

DDT knocks them right out. unfortunately….

• oneandone says:

Actually, it doesn’t. Bed bugs have been resistant (in varying degrees) to DDT for awhile; a study published in 2007 found that 40% – 80% of them survived after DDT was used on them.

(Karunaratne, S.H.P.P. et al. Insecticide resistance in the tropical bedbug Cimex hemipterus. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology. Volume 88, Issue 1, May 2007, Pages 102-107)

Most (up to 64%) also survive treatments with malathion, so don’t try that either. Propoxur is more promising, and that’s what Ohio wants to use now to treat affected areas in Cincinnati….. but it’s extremely toxic to small children, so it’s not approved for indoor use.

• jessjj347 says:

All you have to do is vacuum meticulously. The problem is that even if you get all the bugs, you’ll also need to get their eggs. I wouldn’t use chemicals because there’s no guarantee you’ll kill them all.

3. lockdog says:

Best part is, many of these bedbugs are multiple-pesticide resistant. Including some which can even survive DDT. Many hospitals and hotels use a product called Steri-fab to kill bedbugs. It’s relatively non-toxic, but it does require repeat applications and is pretty expensive. Once you learn what to look for they can be pretty easy to spot, and avoid. I always check hotel rooms before I bring in my luggage, and I go over thrift store finds carefully too. The good news is while they are scary and the bite is painful, they don’t carry any diseases.

4. Kishi says:

It’s harder than you think. Most humans have too many preservatives these days.

5. biggieshorty says:

Crap. What about airplanes? People from all over, flying to all over. Nice, cushy seats for the bedbugs to camp out in. That’s it. I’m not flying anywhere, and no one is allowed in my car. Or in my house.

6. momtimestwo says:

“We’re now in the era where people travel everywhere”

People have been going “everywhere” for a long time. There has to be another reason they are spreading.

• bennilynn says:

Warmer temperatures, faster travel, pesticide resistance, etc. It’s sort of a perfect storm.

• u1itn0w2day says:

I think the travel is the big thing. And airfares over the last decade or so have gotten cheap enough so travel to and from poorer less developed areas of the globe has become much easier.

Onething though with these tougher times the airlines are running fewer flights which tend to be more full meaning there isn’t an empty seat next to where the little buggers might hang out instead of someones clothes.

I’m going to open a can a worms too. This is another reason you need LEGAL immigration where you checked for various diseases and infestations.

• Absinthe says:

Do you need LEGAL IMMIGRATION for people to simply visit this country, because if not, then that little political insert is completely invalid.

• u1itn0w2day says:

Perhaps the tourist shouldn’t be inspected per say but how about spraying their luggage or their planes. Weren’t airlines spraying outgoing flights from Florida airports to prevent the canker citrus tree virus.

I venture to say this latest infestation is imported especially since we’ve seemed to have it under control until travel costs started to drop in in the mid 90s AND a bubbling economy prospering off immigrant labor started up. I find it no coincidence that after a decade of immigrant & tourist surgence legal or not that alot of diseases and infestation problems once thought eliminated have made a comeback. Forget SARS I thought I saw where things like whooping cough are making a comeback in many areas including NY.

I think all incoming travelers and their luggage need to be checked for various diseases let alone terrorist paraphernalia. If they have bed bug sniffing dogs then use them on tourists and their luggage. It’s a lot less invasive than the body scans and shoe searches.

• bennilynn says:

Nah. It’s most likely due to a rise in pesticide resistance and also due to the fact that we are no longer using certain pesticides. While very effective at killing bedbugs, some of these pesticides we were using in the 40′s and 50′s were also very effective at killing, well, everything, not to mention causing untold damage to the environment and terrible health problems for people exposed.

Overuse of pesticides in those eras helped contribute to rising pesticide resistance. Even now, yellow fever carrying mosquitoes are becoming resistant to DEET. Much the same is true for bedbugs and traditional pesticides. We are currently experiencing a very effective outbreak, but it is not due solely to international travel. It is due to international travel where people are carrying pesticide resistant bedbugs with them.

Since we can’t kill them easily and spraying people and their belongings with DDT and other highly toxic pesticides isn’t an option, there’s very little that can be done except treat as it crops up, for the moment. Hopefully, hotels and airlines will become more vigilant as well, but it will take a global effort to nip it in the bud. Since nobody can agree with anybody on anything on this freakin’ planet, that’s probably not going to happen.

7. Dieflatermous says:

Bedbugs are an issue in plenty of major first-world cities, too — they spread so rapidly that if one apartment has them, soon the entire building does, and getting rid of them is an incredibly expensive and time-consuming endeavor.

Our building was treated for pharoah ants and we’ve had ticks brought in on dogs (ticks downtown, who knew?) that infested a few floors, but so far we’ve stayed clear of bedbugs. Ugh.

8. ElleAnn says:

I lived in Forest Service barracks for a summer, and we had bedbugs. Horrible!!!! Fortunately, I haven’t seen one or evidence in the last 6 years, so I didn’t move them with me. It definitely freaked me out.

9. Fantoche_de_Chaussette says:

People are always blaming the DDT ban for the bedbug resurgence. But DDT was banned on 1 Jan 1973, and we didn’t see a big bedbug resurgence in the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

It’s more credible to blame the transition from ubiquitous roach spraying to bait-based roach control. That transition picked up steam in the mid 90s, just a few years before we started seeing the leading edge of the bedbug invasion. The theory is that the roach spray “inadvertently” killed bedbugs as a side effect; the more narrowly targeted roach bait, although much better at killing roaches, didn’t do anything to control bedbugs.

This bedbug plague is going to get much worse before it gets any better. I predict a lot less “consumerism” after a good chunk of the US population has lived through the experience of throwing away everything they own in an effort to rid themselves of a bedbug infestation. Kind of makes “owning lots of stuff” look like more of a liability than an asset.

• beoba says:

Maybe we’ll all just start buying transparent glass furniture, bedding, and clothing.

Oh, and live on poured concrete floors since they can live in carpet or between the cracks in wood floors.

With nothing on the walls, since they’ll hang out behind posters or pictures.

Basically we’ll all move to lofts.

• beoba says:

Also there’s nothing saying that the unavailability of DDT to quickly wipe out the buggers isn’t a contributing factor

• tsukiotoshi says:

Except for the studies finding large portions of DDT resistance in bed bug populations. Continue using DDT on them and the resistant populations survive and prosper in any case.

• TacoChuck says:

Most bed bugs are already resistant to DDT so there is no point in using it.

• u1itn0w2day says:

The banning of DDT and change over to things like roach bait from roach spray makes you wonder what else or what other we’ve stopped using over the years that inadverdently killed or kept bed bugs away.

I don’t how much a roll this plays but I think the use of different cleaning chemicals along with people not being as clean or failing to clean on a regular basis. I know people who only clean on a irregular basis, they don’t run the vacum regularly nor do they do things like move stuff to clean. I realize cleaning won’t stop it but it could help keep problems under control because your not letting them build up.

What kills me if I wear clothes washed in the wrong detergent and fabric softner I get headaches, congestion, rashes etc and yet these little buggers seem to be immune: immune living much closer to the source of those odors and living in the presence of much larger quantities of those odors because of their size.

At this point I’m wondering if I should just let the spiders hang out ie try a natural predator solution.

• jessjj347 says:

I doubt there will be any less consumerism, because if anything people will be buying more to replace everything that they’ve thrown out. In addition, people aren’t going to throw out technology like appliances, computing equipment, etc. They’re probably also going to buy more vacuums, cleaning products, etc.

10. runswithscissors says:

Great. Now I’m all itchy feeling.

• MamaBug says:

gah, same here. It’s like when you’re in the checkout line at the grocery store and the person in front of you is buying Rid. I start to scratch my head and back away.

11. ShruggingGalt says:

Much like how malaria-related deaths increased after DDT was banned, this too is an aftereffect.

However, this is still America, and I’m sure that several top people are working on a workable solution that would trap bedbugs.

Top people.

• mxjohnson says:

You do understand that DDT is approved for use to control mosquitos in malaria-prone countries, right?

Read it again and google it if you don’t believe me: DDT is used to control mosquitos in malaria-prone countries.

12. BadgerPudding says:

Nuke them from orbit…it’s the only way to be sure.

13. MepReport says:

I can’t help but see this as another sign that we’re becoming a third world country. I wish China would colonize us already and give us access to their glorious communist work factories…

Ahhh, work.

Some video of the bedbug story:

14. Tunacrab says:
  15. MikeM_inMD says:

The article seems rather scant on actual information about the spread other than “in homes and hotels from Ohio to Texas.”

16. brinks says:

The only real solution seems to be to never leave the house and never let anyone inside your own house.

17. mxjohnson says:

I read somewhere online how to check a mattress for evidence of bedbugs, and so for the past few years I’ve been doing it. I still haven’t seen any evidence. Ahh, but:

We were attacked by bedbugs in a restaurant in Waikiki. They were crawling all over us. When we got back to the hotel I found three in my clothes while I was changing into pajamas. I actually suspected they might be bedbugs but we looked them up on the old iPhone and found a site that said they’re 3/16″ long and rarely seen. These things were nearly half an inch long and brazen. We figured, nasty Hawaii bugs, ick.

Three days later we were back home and itchy bites appeared on my wife’s legs in the classic breakfast-morning-lunch lines. I knew immediately what they were because hey, I was guarding against bedbugs, right? Well, a little more googling and I learned that bedbugs can be 1/2″ long and brazen when they’re really hungry.

We called the restaurant and the manager really didn’t care. He said they knew they had bedbugs, that they have an exterminator come out once a month to spray for bedbugs, and that almost every hotel and restaurant in Waikiki is infested with them.

We then called the hotel we’d stayed at & told them we brought bedbugs into their room & they quite understandably freaked. In our defense, we went to that restaurant on the advice of the nice lady at the hotel’s Reception Desk.

If we brought bedbugs home with us, we managed to prevent them from infesting our home, but it wasn’t easy. Everything we took with us, and everything that stuff had touched, was boiled, roasted, frozen or thrown out.

• smo0 says:

I plan on going to Hawaii for my 30th bday next year… I think I will be staying away from Waikiki… thanks for the info…. really!

18. LACubsFan says:

Bring back DDT!

19. Frocta says:

Yeah, we had bedbugs here for a short time. Caught them before they got too bad and was able get ride of them, but that involved getting rid of the mattress and boxsprings along with a heavy dusting of a powder that kills them by dehydrating them. Took weeks to get rid of. Thank goodness we were going to replace the flooring already.

20. Thespian says:

They mostly come at night. Mostly.

21. HoJu says:

Boy am I happy to be reading this while laying in the bed of this posh spa resort.
    Uuugghh.

22. Liarbyrd says:

I worked in an older adult apartment building which had an infestation of bedbugs and it was a nightmare. Bedbugs are just plain hard to get rid of of and require a lot of prep work before the exterminator gets there. Some of the elderly simply could not physically wash every article of clothing and fabric in their apartments. Or afford it. Washing that much laundry at a coin-op laundromat is expensive. Most exterminators recommend a treatment course of three weeks or until live activity is no longer detected. That’s three weeks of sealing all your clean clothes in a plastic bag to protect it from bugs and putting dirty laundry in another bag to “contain” bugs.

While it’s possible to treat a mattress and save it, as with other furniture, it’s tough. Often, it’s just easier to toss out the infected old stuff and get new. Not everyone can afford that. Plus, dragging the old infested furniture down a hall just spreads the bugs as they fall off during the journey. If you toss anything out, wrap it in plastic.

DEET, the active ingredient in bug repellents such as OFF, repels those bloody sucking fends. Spray yourself from the waist down to help avoid picking up any hitchhikers. I’m so paranoid about bedbugs that I always spray myself before leaving the house.

23. kung fu lola says:

I had a bedbug infestation in my old apartment building in Montreal. They hitched in on a sofa a father and son of reduced means had bought at the Salvation Army (I will never buy used furniture made of cloth, or in a dark colour). In August, they crawled down into my place, which was directly below. The father and son skedaddled, breaking the lease and disappearing, I presume because they didn’t know how to handle the infestation. I washed every piece of fabric in my bedroom, tidied it all to reduce clutter, sprinkled my mattress and rubbed my cat with diatomaceous earth. I also put a line of D.E. around the base of my bed, and inspected my bed and curtains every day, twice a day, to catch and kill the little suckers. I loved the triumphant feeling of popping them between my fingers! On weekends, I went over my whole bed and pillows with a vaccuum cleaner, which had a bag system so they couldn’t colonize the inside (and also got very, very hot). The landlady sent an exterminator for two visits, two weeks apart. After all that, I assumed that they were still present, but didn’t bother me, or were inactive. I couldn’t afford to buy a new bed frame until October, but the D.E. had already done a number on them, the weather was getting colder, and the source of the infestation (and their main breeding ground) – the sofa – was long gone. I dismantled the old bed, which was a wooden futon platform, and found some eggs in a hidden knot. I rubbed it with DE and threw the pieces away into the garbage. In all, I only suffered two or three weeks of bites, and I didn’t have to throw anything precious away. I know was lucky, but I wonder how many people who have to throw out whole houses of furniture could avoid it (or make their losses less dramatic) by using D.E. diligently, like I did.

• brinks says:

I have a box of D.E. that I bought for an any problem at my previous residence but haven’t used since. Thanks for the heads up that it can help with these guys. This thread has me SO paranoid…

• kung fu lola says:

In my opinion, DE is the best thing, because they can’t become resistant to it. It works by slicing up their exoskeleton, so even if they can resist the toxicity of pesticides, they can’t evolve past being made of carbon. It will just never happen.

24. BradenR says:

Before you move into the new apartment, do your own checking

25. the Persistent Sound of Sensationalism says:

I had a friend who bought a “new” mattress from one of those rent-to-own places a few years back. Long story short, even though they wrapped it in plastic and sold it as new, it wasn’t, and the bed bugs that came with it were the proof.

There’s your consumer angle. You’ll think twice about buying used furniture or grabbing a couch off the curb from now on…

• DorsalRootGanglion says:

I do not curb pick anymore for just this reason. What was already a dubious prospect is simply a no way in hell, thanks.

• Me - now with more humidity says:

That is bigtime illegal. Your friend needs to go to the public health folks.

26. BlueLion says:

We recently had to deal with bedbugs that we believe came from a used box spring we bought from a major mattress chain. We felt safe buying the box springs used since we were assured they were sanitized. Fast forward a few months of disregarding the itching and bites (we thought they might have been from fleas) we found most of the infestation to be in the folds on the bottoms of the box springs. This may not be a place people regularly check when looking for an infestation. Since we found this at 1030 at night, we did the only thing we could think of- head to Walmart. We bought zippered covers for the mattress, box springs, and pillow cases. I contacted the mattress store via email and asked for a refund of the box springs or a replacement set. Though it was outside of their complaint time window ( I think it was 30 or 90 days) the rep said if we could show we paid a professional exterminator to come out and treat our place, that they could not consider giving us replacements since the new ones might be re-infested. I felt this was reasonable, especially since it’s very hard to determine where, exactly, they came from. We couldn’t afford a professional so we treated our place with diatomaceous earth. The DE along with the mattress covers (we also taped the zippers shut with packing tape so the ones in there would stay in there and die) seemed to do the trick.

• BlueLion says:

Oh, I forgot to mention that our mattress set was delivered by the company. Meaning our mattresses were in the same truck as used mattresses they were hauling off from other homes they had been to earlier in the day. We’ll never have our mattresses delivered by the company again- too risky.

• u1itn0w2day says:

I priced out new mattresses this year for normal wear and tear and I noticed that one chain is charging a 35$ handling and disposal fee because of bed bugs and yet it’s the same truck. Even if they wrap and infected mattress in plastic they could jump to the workers and or truck beds. So in theory the workers could be the tranmitters but they should be given things like OFF or DEET. And yet some chains require no disposal fee and offer free take away on the same trip.

• CFinWV says:

Holy crap I never would’ve thought of that…

27. Skid Malfoy says:

So, how did they get rid of them centuries ago? Something must have happened. Something not akin to better sanitation.

28. u1itn0w2day says:

Perhaps this another reason they should do more trash buring or use more trash to steam plants for energy.

All along that route to the dump site and all around the dump site can be contaminated just through wind. Then you have the site employees who wind up taking bed bugs and alot of other things away from that site potentially ‘contaminating’ every place and everyone else they come in contact with.

Funny thing is that I never had problems in se Florida a tourist haven with hotels and seasonal housing all over the place. And by the way there is a local trash to steam plant.

29. openbox says:

I think this is some kind of conspiracy by the mattress industry to scare people into buying new mattresses.

• Fantoche_de_Chaussette says:

Buying new mattresses is actually one of the infestation vectors. Most mattress retailers cart away the old mattresses in the same truck that they deliver the new mattress with, stacking them side-by-side. This provides a perfect opportunity for one old bedbug-ridden mattress to infest dozens of newly delivered mattresses.

A mattress retailer who actually took steps to prevent this infestation vector might gain a competitive advantage (e.g. “We deliver our new mattresses in a separate truck! And our employees dispose of all old mattresses as Hazmat!”)

[Having riffed on the "bed" theme, I feel obligated to repeat the following as a public service announcement: bedbugs don't just live in beds; they'll happily live in any furniture, walls, etc -- anywhere near a reliable warm blood source.]

30. Sanshie says:

Encase your mattresses and box springs with bedbug proof, entomologist certified covers. This will eventually kill them! http://www.stores.ebay.com/ptidirect1

• DorsalRootGanglion says:

Except if they have migrated to any other place in your home, which they will do 99% of the time. The encasement means that you don’t have to throw out your mattress. It doesn’t mean that you’ll be free of bedbugs. Don’t spread misinformation.

• Marshmelly says:

How is it “misinformation”? Yes, bedbugs may spread to clothes etc, but mostly all of those kind of things can be thrown in the dryer and the high heat will kill the bugs. The mattress is one of the worst places to get bedbugs because they live inside the mattress and theres no way to “wash” something like that. Telling people to get encasements for their mattresses and boxsprings is very useful information. Is it a 100% guaranteed to eliminate the possibility of bedbugs? No, but don’t call it misinformation.

31. BradenR says:

If the bedbugs are there, encasing your mattress and box spring in anything won’t help. That’s just their nighttime haunts. It’s you they want. Daytime, infected mattress, sure but just as likely, wall outlets, picture frames, sofa, etc. etc. Wrapping the mattress and box spring would only kill those who have migrated there, not their relataives.

32. suez says:

Sheesh, these scare me so much I’m really starting to have second thoughts about staying at hotels when I drive from VA to WI in two weeks. I can NOT afford to just throw everything I own away in an attempt to get rid of them if they get into my home.

• sugarplum says:

I don’t know many people who could! I know…it makes me so worried about staying in hotels. And it looks like people can bring them home in so many ways you never know.

33. P_Smith says:

Try full body shaving before your vacation. If there’s nothing to grab onto… ^_^

Kidding aside, I’ve seen youth hostels that have vinyl mattresses on stained wooden frames as a way to alleviate the problem. Hotels want to sell themselves as being luxurious, but I’d rather know I’m not going to catch someone else’s filth and disease because the bugs can’t bury themselves in vinyl.

• Fantoche_de_Chaussette says:

Yeah, I actually trust the minimalist, non-frilly furniture, bare linoleum floors, and unadorned cinderblock walls of a hostel far more than some plush, cluttered hotel room.

You have a pretty decent chance of spotting a bedbug infestation early in a hostel room. In your average hotel room, there’s just way too many places for the critters to hide. And as an added bonus, the hostel room is a lot more likely to be clean (don’t get me started about hotel bedspreads … ugh).

The next trend in luxury hotel accommodations may be the all-concrete-and-stainless-steel room, thoroughly hosed down with scalding soapy water between guests. I know I’d pay extra for that.

34. Hi_Hello says:

http://bedbugger.com/ This website help a lot when I found out I got bed bugs… there’s a lot of myth going around.

35. webweazel says:

36. Froggmann says:

We need to start doing what Indian tribes used to do, burn down the village and move over 200 feet when the parasite population gets too bad.

37. consumerd says:

Man I am glad I bought my 50lb bag of diatomaceous earh “fossil shell flower” from MFA this year. Looks like I will be needing it!