Stripping Chatroulette Chick Morphs Into Last Exorcism Hell Spawn

It’s a given that anything real, raw or underground will eventually be coopted by advertising. Exhibit A: In a viral marketing push for new horror flick Last Exorcism, unsuspecting boys think the hot chick they are Chatrouletting with is going to take off her top, when all of a sudden her eyes roll back into her head, her face cracks, and she attacks the camera. The reactions are priceless. NSFW.

(If you’re not familiar, Chatroullete is a site that randomly connects you to a live video chatroom with another Chatroulette user with a webcam. It’s mainly filled with guys showing off their dongs and vainly hoping they will connect with females who are of a similarly exhibitionist mindset.)

Comments

1. c!tizen says:

This would be perfect if after she attacks the camera it quickly flashes a random penis… that would be chatroulette.

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

Yeah…if they *really* wanted it to be scary, instead of morphing into a demon, the “hot chick” would slowly strip down to reveal “her” cockenballs.

• Dory says:

Yes, let’s talk about how gross transgendered people are. Aren’t they gross? With their penises and/or vaginas where penises and/or vaginas do not belong? How can they possibly live like that, what with the grossness and the penises?

• Groanan says:

I think they are both at about the same level of shock.
          Seeing what appears to be a woman, with a penis, when you did not see the penis coming, is as shocking as someone turning their eyes red or turning their neck 90 degrees to the side.
          None of those things are normal without something fishy going on, like plastic surgery, movie magic, or some sort of rare biological occurrence.

Personally, I can make my eyes turn bloodshot red in about two seconds, but I’m sure I could shock more people if I pulled down my pants and they saw a vagina.

• Anonymously says:

Damn, you grouchy like you got sand up in your vagina and/or penis.

• Britt says:

This. Definitely some penis lacking in this video, and not from the dudes.

2. SonarTech52 says:

lol looks like it will be funny, I’ll have to wait till break to see it…damn company web filtering..

3. dragonfire81 says:

This kind of stuff was entertaining…about 6 years ago when it first started. The whole “Hey check this video out!” and there’s a surprise screaming chick at the end has been done to death already (no pun intended).

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

Sure the screamer’s been done, but this is definitely a welcomed new twist.

Let’s face it, the whole point of those “webcam chat with stranger” sites is the hope that girls would show.

If I was a cute girl, I’d love to go on those sites and start to remove clothing and then the camera immediately switches to display “Nice Boat” on webcam.

• drizzt380 says:

I would say this is a new spin on it.

Not that it was ever very good. And not that I’m saying its not idiotic.

• Snaptastic says:

It is still very entertaining–because no matter how overplayed the joke is, you know there will still be a slew of guys out there who will fall for it–each with their own amusing reaction.

What I am curious about is the proportion of males vs females that fall for similar jokes. I imagine more women leave when guy says that he is about to show his penis compared to men who leave when a girl is about to flash boobs/vaj.

• dolemite says:

Yeah, but screamers weren’t interactive. This is live chat between 2 parties. The guys on the left think they are talking to a real girl, which makes it much more humorous.

4. NashuaConsumerist says:

Haha, I love that the last group of dudes was watching the sketch group Whitest Kids You Know, I could hear the theme music in the background. As the guy said in the video, they are really funny.

That aside, interesting marketing campaign.

5. ellmar says:

Excellent way to cement a sex/horror association.

6. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

I’m too scared to watch : – (

• Michaela says:

I covered the right half of the clip with my hand and only watched the left half (the reactions).

I hate horror films, and this ad just gives me one more reason to avoid chatroullete.

7. lain1k says:

You know these guys were thinking “Finally, after hours of penises, we finally hit the jackpot!” Very original.

8. aloria says:

Girl looks like Miley Cyrus in that screen cap, so they definitely got the “terrifying” thing down.

9. Platypi {Redacted} says:

I think they let them off the hook too quickly. They should have done more with the girl before cutting to the movie link. More freaking out and maybe even threatening to come find them, then cut to the trailer link.

Nice alternative movie marketing, in my opinion.

10. Warren - aka The Piddler on the Roof says:

Yeah, it’s been done before, but this is still pretty great. The reactions are priceless. I imagine when you’re expecting something sexual and get sucker punched by something like this instead it’s quite terrifying. I knew what was coming and my pulse escalated a little. Hah!

11. Nogard13 says:

Why is this on Consumerist? How is this a consumer issue?

12. UCLAri: Allergy Sufferer says:

This can’t be chatroulette. The guys watching her aren’t penises.

• c!tizen says:

Right, this makes you wonder how many clips of penises they had to go through before they found actual faces watching the screen.

• vitajex says:

Just imagine how many of these the marketers had to sit and sift through to find the ones that WEREN’T extreme close-ups of wangs!

13. lemur says:

From the writeup:

“It’s a given that anything real, raw or underground will eventually be coopted by advertising.”

Please explain how Chatroulette is more “real” than anything else. That it is “raw” and perhaps “underground”, I can see. But “real”?

14. Cantras says:

On one hand, I can admit some of these videos are hilarious. (I watched with a piece of paper over the girl’s side because I hate that shit.)

On the other hand, I think advertising needs to start going through something like the Human Subjects Review Board — If you’re doing a psychological/physical experiment with humans these days, your university will require a writeup of the possibilities of harm or whatever. (And the informed consent form will be all “you might be upset by these questions” “you may experience motion sickness or vertigo” “weight loss may be more or less than projected”) That’s why it took so long for the Milgram experiment to be repeated. The marketing campaign where Toyota, I think, convinced some woman she was being stalked and they claimed she “signed up for it” by checking for “sign me up to receive emails about promotions” or whatever — that’s another example of something that wouldn’t pass HSRB.
    That was a pretty flimsy excuse for “consent” and here they’d have nothing. Not like there’s a “I understand there may be dongs” confirmation before you start.

What if someone has a heart problem?
    What if they’re underage?

I know I’m a killjoy here but I imagine that for all these “lol tits, wtf eyes, OMG OMG OMG oh lol advertisement” videos, they have a comparable number of people bursting into tears or being genuinely frightened.

• rondalescott says:

Yeah I get where you’re coming from but…

The very act of using Chat Roulette implies informed consent if you ask me. That demon chick is probably the least scarifying thing they saw the whole time they were on there.

15. 4Real says:

OMG that was soooo Hilarious..

16. nodaybuttoday says:

I love that kind of advertising. It reminds me of the brilliant marketing they did for The Ring, where they left random VHS tapes (yes VHS tapes, it was that long ago) around Rutgers and when people would play them they’d see that Ring video from the movie.

17. Mihkel says:

This totally made my day :D

18. ForrestWhitakersLazyEye says:

“reaction videos” are the lamest thing to hit the internet, well, since the internet. What a self indulgent thing, “OH LOOK AT ME GET SCARED”…who cares?

• RecordStoreToughGuy_RidesTheWarpOfSpaceIntoTheWombOfNight says:

You’re right. People shouldn’t do things just because they’re funny.

19. ngwoo says:

Hey demon chick, tits or gtfo.

20. Valiums says:

It shouldn’t have cut to the add so quickly. If anything, it should’ve been more like an ARG.
    let the creepy vids get popular, and have someone stumble on a site.

21. MongoAngryMongoSmash says:

The guy at 1:15 is totally jerking it and is now all over the Internet, busted as all hell. LOL

22. Brent says:

This is bullshit. The ‘reactions’ are clearly fake. This isn’t Two Girls, One Cup.

23. smo0 says:

I prefer to watch the Fatal Frame game plays on You tube… hearing the guys flip out while playing – always a classic… I also play that game so… doubly funfun