New items on the back-to-school lists this year include cleaning spray, baby wipes, and cotton balls. It’s not for making a diorama or some kind of cheap puppet. Rather, with budgets slashed all over, schools have had to resort to asking the kids to pick up basic cleaning supplies for the school along with their usual TrapperKeepers and notebooks.
Schools Asking Kids To Bring Basic Cleaning Supplies
By Ben Popken August 16, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Back-To-School Shoppers Delight Retailers, Plan To Spend More This Year
- Bargain-Hunting Youngsters Extend The Back-To-School Season Well Into September
- Cleaning Supply Sales Are Up As Americans Freak Out Over Ebola
- Get Your Halloween Costumes And Plastic Pumpkins While They’re Still On Shelves
- What Inappropriate Or Perfect Mother’s Day Merchandising Have You Seen This Year?