7/11 Is Free Slurpee Day At 7-11

Free 7.11oz Slurpees can be had by one and all at 7-11 on Sunday, July 11th. Yes, that’s on 7/11. Schedule a doctor’s appointment now for the inevitable brain freeze!

slurpee.com/Events (Thanks to Stephanie!)

Comments

1. pecan 3.14159265 says:

What in the world are those two flavors? One of them looks like the regular Coke flavor, but in the world is that bright pink flavor? Ick.

Well, I’ll be at 7-11 on Sunday. Good stuff.

• axhandler1 says:

It’s probably watermelon-lime Fanta. I got one of those today and it was the same color. It was actually pretty good. I’m gonna have to go get another on Sunday.

2. Howie411 says:

Smallest slurpee ever, got one last year, was about the size of a double shot glass.

• TuxRug says:

If I remember correctly from the past few times I partook in free Slurpee day, the cup’s capacity is 7.11 fluid ounces.

• MikeM_inMD says:

If true, that’s pretty funny.

And not worth my time.

• Toffeemama is looking for a few good Otters says:

It works out pretty well if you’ve got 2 or more 7-11s on your way home. A couple years ago, I got to no less than 3 different stores on the way home from work.

3. Thyme for an edit button says:

That’s also my mom’s birthday!

I know what she’s getting for her birthday this year.

4. TheGreySpectre says:

I suppose you mean July not June :)

5. dreamfish says:

Seventh of November? ;)

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

The date is being wrriten in the American style, not the English style which nonsensically does not list the numbers in order of unit of time.

6. Bakergirl says:

Cool, I havn’t had a slurpee in years. I now have an excuse to go get one!

7. dolemite says:

Let us all take a moment to reflect upon those that lost their lives in 7/11:
    Aadesh, Emaan, Jaafar, Madhu, Sahaj…

8. Mecharine says:

Thats what a slurpee looks like? Count me out.

9. hypochondriac says:

7.11 oz so about 50% of a can of soda?

10. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Didn’t I just read a news article about how brain freezes can prolong your life?

I need to remember to get some of those aluminum straws.

11. Allisonaxe says:

I wish there were 7-11’s here in Houston… (i don’t know if there might be some out in the boonies, but here in the center of the city, there aren’t any 7-11’s anywhere… but every time I go to Austin, you can’t go 3 blocks without bumping into another one.)

those slush-puppies, Icees, etc. really don’t cut it. Slurpee or nothing!

12. jessjj347 says:

Was the line long last year?

13. mileena says:

Yeah that pic looks horrible. As a long time slurpee (and also icee) “connoisseur” (and also the person who submitted this tip to The Consumerist), let me say that you are supposed to but the dome-like plastic top for the cup on first, then fill the cup up, so the slurpee takes a nice rounded form on top and so you get the maximum amount. Also, the slurpee flavors are bold enough to stand out on their own (my favorite is pina colada), so there is no need to mix.

Another tip: many 7-Elevens have refills for $1.49 (at least in the San Francisco Bay Area), so if you’re a big fan like I am, you buy the 32 oz. cup for $1.89 then save it and save $0.40 plus tax for each refill. The bad news is then you don’t get bonus points from a new cup purchase at slurpee.com.

Ands far as lines are concerned, if you go to a 7-Eleven without a gas station, I doubt they will be too long, or any at all, even during rush hour. The local 7-elevens I go to are never that busy.

14. buzz86us says:

I miss slurpees the only thing close to them around here is Icee, and Cumberland Farms also has something similar but no official soda company liscense.

15. Vroom_Socko says:

When I was a teenager, we used to put steal wrapped ice cream sandwiches (the expensive ones), put them in empty Slurpee cups, fill the cups with Slurpee, and pay for the Slurpee and leave.
    Fun times.

16. EyeintheLAsky says:

Since i was born on 7-11, i’ve been able to get a FREE slurpee for YEARS – by showing my DOB to the counter guy/gal.

Nice to see that seemingly everyone is able to score on this Festivious date.

17. nybiker says:

Do we have to worry if price & participation will vary?