Kid Finds Box Cutter In Peanut Bag

Anyone working in the Barcelona Nut Co. peanut factory lose a box cutter? A North Carolina teen has found it, blade extended, in his bag of nuts.

“I’m not trying to cause trouble for anybody,” his mother told Star News. “A child could have opened that bag of peanuts and, without even thinking, stuck their hand in there.” The teen walked right back into the store and swapped the bag for a new one not containing any box cutters. The family has tried to call the nut company but every time they do the number is busy, as, presumably, they’re tied up looking for missing office supplies.

Box cutter found in bag of peanuts from Leland store [Star News] (Thanks to Liz!)

Comments

1. DowneMixedBoi says:

WOW, This is NUT’s!!!!!

• Draygonia says:

I see what you did there*

*I do not support 4chan…

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

If I found an extended blade in my bag of nuts, I’d be completely shell shocked.

2. smo0 says:

That’s a little messed up (and by a little, I mean a lot) – she’s not doing the typical American Money Grubbing Mom thing and making a stink about it. But for something like THIS, if she did – I would NOT hold it against her. Holy crap!

3. partofme says:

This is the first evidence that a bag of peanuts can cause death on an airplane. They’re obviously putting together a terror plot. No one would suspect box cutters in the peanuts.

• Clumber says:

ding ding ding ding! Today’s Winner of the Internet is partofme.

• GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

So now there will be no peanuts. And who profits/wanted that?

Box Cutter in a Peanut Bag was an inside job!

• Englishee Teacher says:

OMG can you imagine what would have happened if hey had tried to carry that onto a plane without knowing what was inside? I once travelled within Italy with no carry-on, all I had was a bag of chips and they put it through the x-ray machine all by itself. My friend was cracking up when she was waiting past security, wondering where I was, and a single 60g bag of potato chips came out of the x-ray machine.

4. dolemite says:

Keep those razorblades far away from my nutbag.

I recall when I was about 5…I found something that looked like a stick of gum in a drawer. It was hard to open, so I had to pull hard. Turns out it was a razorblade that came wrapped in paper. Got a nice sliced finger out of that one.

5. KyleOrton says:

Someone’s going to lose their nutjob.

6. Eat The Rich -They are fat and succulent says:

“A North Carolina teen has found it, blade extended, in his bag of nuts. “

That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

7. jimmyhl says:

Box cutters+nutsacks=bad juju

8. Vermifuge says:

I think this is the only time a peanut has actually been dangerous.

9. Antediluvian says:

I’m very impressed that Ben managed to avoid using the phrase “nut sack” in this post. That took more self-control than I clearly have.

10. scoccaro says:

This is exactly why my parents ate my Halloween candy.

• smo0 says:

Same… I never got my own halloween candy until I was 14.

Then I’d go out and people would say “aren’t you a little too old to be trick or treating?” then I’d cry and tell them I was never allowed to have my own halloween candy growing up and my family stole it from me and they’d dump like.. half the bowl of candy in my bag.

I went trick or treating with pillow cases that year….

it was a good year….

11. MDSasquatch says:

How would this scenario have worked out if — on the way to the airport they stopped for a bag of nuts, tossed them in their carry on and headed for security………

12. Nytmare says:

I wonder what kind of resolution they expect after calling the manufacturer and the media, without being in possession of the bag or the box cutter anymore.

13. FatLynn says:

I’m sorry, but she lost me as soon as she went the “THINK OF THE CHILDREN” route.

14. Shonky McShonk says:

my nut sack hurts reading that story

15. Daverson says:

“I’m not trying to cause trouble for anybody,” his mother told Star News.

Then why don’t you STFU? Mistakes on packing lines happen and really, this is no big deal. But by all means, run to the newspaper and get your fifteen minutes of fame.

16. nucwin83 says:

A couple things… aren’t bags weighed before shipping and discarded if over/under? Seems the addition of the cutter would’ve caused a bit of an issue. But even disregarding that, the bag looks quite thin, so throughout shipping and the person putting it on the shelf, not once did the extended blade puncture the bag?

I’m just wary because too many times these incidents are fake.

17. failurate says:

21 year old men are not kids. Unless you are a really old man or maybe a well-seasoned baseball coach, or both.

That said, it sounds like he picked up someone’s hoax. Not sure if a thin plastic bag would hold up well in shipping and handling with an exposed blade in it.

18. enad58 says:

RAZOR BLADE FOUND IN BOY’S NUTSACK – DETAILS AT 11

19. ChemicalFyre says:

It’s fairly common for companies that produce bagged goods to pass everything through a magnetic station to ensure there aren’t any metal fragments in the packaging, especially when they process foods that require husking or removing shells. I wonder if this isn’t being done here?

20. Clyde Barrow says: