Might there be more to last week’s crash than a “fat fingered” trade, or someone mistakenly entering a “billion” instead of a “million?” An online stock trader has a video showing an unusual spike in trading volume, followed by a very quick sell-off, by funds at large investment firms BlackRock and Vanguard and some other funds 30 to 15 minutes before the big crash. Prescience? Watch the video, check the logs, and decide for yourself.
VIDEO: Unusual Selloff 30 Min Ahead Of Crash?
By Ben Popken May 10, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Regulators Propose Changes To 5-Star Safety Ratings To Incorporate More Crash-Prevention Technology
- Death Toll From GM Ignition Defect Reaches 56
- Watch A Takata Airbag Explode In Slow Motion
- Watch Workers Replace A Retention Pond With A Trader Joe’s
- Stanford Law Professor: T-Mobile’s ‘Binge On’ Violates Net Neutrality Rules