Might there be more to last week’s crash than a “fat fingered” trade, or someone mistakenly entering a “billion” instead of a “million?” An online stock trader has a video showing an unusual spike in trading volume, followed by a very quick sell-off, by funds at large investment firms BlackRock and Vanguard and some other funds 30 to 15 minutes before the big crash. Prescience? Watch the video, check the logs, and decide for yourself.
VIDEO: Unusual Selloff 30 Min Ahead Of Crash?
By Ben Popken May 10, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Rental Car Companies Asked GM To Look Into Ignition-Related Crashes Years Before Recall
- CCTV Footage Shows World’s Coolest Customer Calmly Walking Away After Truck Collides With Building
- If You Have One Of Two Britax ClickTight Car Seats, Watch This Video To Make Sure It’s Installed Safely
- Death Toll From GM Ignition Defect Reaches 56
- GM Recalls Yet Another Half-Million Cars Over Increased Crash Risks