Whether you’re trying to get a job and worried about snoopy new bosses, sick of maintaining a virtual profile constantly bombarded with increasingly useless updates and pings from people that you decreasingly actually know, fed up with Facebook’s attitude towards their users, disgusted with your addiction to it, or just want you, your personal details and habits, and photos, out, deleting your Facebook profile can be done in a few easy steps:
1. Just go here
2. Hit submit. (See, even in parting Facebook demands your obedience)
3. Follow the instructions. You will see the following screens:
4. Put in your password and enter the words from the security check.
5. Hit okay.
6. You then get bumped to the Facebook login screen.
7. Look outside! It’s a beautiful day. Go enjoy it. Perhaps call up a friend you haven’t seen in a while and catch up on each other’s lives over coffee.
Your account is then “deactivated” for two weeks. Don’t login for those two weeks and then it will be permanently deleted.
Facebook sometimes changes the procedures for exiting the social networking service, but the Facebook group “How to permanently delete your facebook account” should have the most up to date method if the link above goes dead.