The Augmented Driving iPhone app turns your car into a fighter jet. Mount your iPhone on the dash and launch the program and it starts tracking the cars around you, warning with an annoying voice if you get too close and showing you your lane so you don’t drift. Could come in handy for long road trips, as would staying alert and pulling off to a rest stop and taking a nap if you get tired. Only, don’t get so fascinated by playing with your driving app that you get into an accident. Even though it looks like a video game, there’s no replays. Here’s a demo so you can scoff or fawn for yourself:
Augmented Driving iPhone App Gives Your Car A HUD
By Ben Popken April 19, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Why Can’t You Tip Your Uber Driver From Within The App?
- Apple Confirms It’s Sending Out Camera-Equipped Cars In An Effort To Improve Its Maps
- Is Apple Planning A Street View Upgrade For Its Map App?
- Apple Might Finally Let iPhone Users Delete Some Of Those “Junk Drawer” Apps
- Apple Now Requires ResearchKit Apps To Get Ethics Board Approval