What Does Prosperity Taste Like? Beef.

What does prosperity taste like? According to McDonald’s in Singapore, it tastes like beef. From a historical point of view, I suppose that’s true.

What’s a Prosperity Burger? It’s a beef or chicken burger on a long bun, almost like a small sub sandwich, with onions and a black pepper sauce. If you want mega prosperity, apparently you need to add some twister fries.

(Thanks to Dan for the picture!)

Prosperity Burger [McDonald’s Malaysia]

Comments

1. frenchfriedpotaters says:

I’ve heard that about mega prosperity.

2. ConsumerWolf says:

It looks like a double McRib.

3. b612markt says:

Do Not Want.

4. VeeKaChu says:

Ironic then, that in some regions of the USA a certain small sub is known as a “Po’ Boy”, and yet they serve the same function. Etymology is fun!

5. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Mr. James, what is the secret of management?

Twister Fries.

6. HogwartsProfessor says:

I love the sublike burgers, but I wouldn’t get one at McD’s. And they’re probably on those tasteless buns. There was a tiny place in Santa Cruz when I lived there that made them fresh and put them on French rolls. They were soooo good!

7. ngwoo says:

Twister fries? I ‘ardly knew ‘er!

I’m extremely sorry.

8. FilthyHarry says:

From the end of WW2 to about 1990, the average height in Japan increased 2 inches due to introduction of high protein food products into their culture (American fast food).

I guess you could see that as prosperous.

• Graymalkin56 says:

I’m pretty sure the death rate from diabetes, heart disease, etc., has also risen sharply in Japan since the introduction of McDonald’s and other fast food chains.

So, perhaps not so prosperous — unless you’re in the pharmaceutical industry.

• Bohemian says:

It is interesting to what the health results as countries embrace US style fast food and convenience food. Obesity and all the typical American maladies start showing up. Ask France.

9. Tasunke says:

Whoa, McD’s has curly fries in Malaysia? o.o I wonder how they compare with Arby’s…. >.>

• Laura Northrup says:

With Arby’s curly fries, it’s not the curliness I like as much as the combination of spices on the outside. Mmm.

10. Benny Gesserit says:

Funny, I would have thought prosperity would taste like chicken.

11. 2 replies says:

Singapore McDonalds have curly fries!?!?

12. CaptainSemantics says:

I wonder if it’s just a riff on Chinese New Year? Available only for fifteen days after Feb 14? :)

Gong Xi Facai!

13. areaman says:

Forget about prosperity. Where are our (US) twister fries?!!?!

Also, in India they have a McAloo I wish they’d sell in the US as well.

14. MooseOfReason says:

Mmm… curly fries.

15. coren says:

…I kinda wanna try that

And count on fast food to take the curly fry which has existed for ages, and give it a new name to present it as a new product

16. anime_runs_my_life says:

They can keep the burger. I wouldn’t mind trying the twister fries. I’m a sucker for twisty fries.

17. kajillion says:

They look like Arby’s curly fries but also look unseasoned. Is a gimmicky shape enough to make fries interesting over there?

18. r8 says:

“If you want mega prosperity, apparently you need to add some twister fries. “

Mega Prosperity is the same burger but with two patties instead of one! I’ve had these in Singapore and it is magnificent! Taste 1000X better than those pepper beef things at Chinese restaurants stateside

19. QrazyQat says:

Actually, in the USA at least, properity tasted like chicken. That’s why the campaign phrase “A chicken in every pot” was used. From the mid-1800s at least beef was cheaper than chicken.

20. ptocheia says:

So jealous, I want twister fries here in the US!

21. mizmoose says:

Oh, man, no fair, I want Mickey D’s US to carry curly fries, too!

The only thing they could do that would make me happier is to carry waffle fries. Because Waffle Fries are god.

[Yeah, i know, fast food bad, the universe is getting fatter, blah blah. If you can’t enjoy your food, even the occasional junk food, why bother living?]

22. JoeTaxpayer says:

This has more implications than you mention. Indeed prosperity is beef. And beef has some horrible cause and effect. Chickens take about 4 pounds of grain per pound of chicken produced, beef is over 50 lbs of grain.
    As the poor countries get wealthier, their desire for beef results in higher prices for grain that poor people are typically left to eat.

23. Darkneuro says:

Looks like they’re multi-purposing the McRib patty molds.
    GAH! I just got nauseous contemplating that.

24. RedCricketChase says:

Their McD has curly fries??? Maybe my little Missouri town is the only one that doesn’t????? These are the questions I need answers to! lol

25. cupcake_ninja says:

Marketing ploy for Chinese New Year? I think so.

26. missdona says:

More proof that Singapore rules. Clean streets, fish spas and this.

• rockasocky says:

Also, caning if you spit on those clean streets. Which I guess is how they keep them clean in the first place.

• missdona says:

Right, but only the men get caned. Women get some other type of punishment.

Also, no chewing gum sales (which is fine by me).

27. Frau Eva says:

Well, if prosperity tasted like anything, it probably would be beef. It’s the most expensive of the main meats in terms of both money spent and resources. We just don’t see how expensive it really is because of subsidies.

WTF to McDonald’s for holding out on the twisty fries. Also, why does it seem like a lot of fast food places introduce their most redonkulous fatty-fat foods in Asia? Remember that pizza with hot dogs in the crust? The Whopper with seven hamburger patties? Our Baconator may be terrible, but it doesn’t compare to that.

28. savdavid says:

Hmmm….think I will just stay poor.

29. atomoverride says:

does that look like a double mcrib sandwich to anyone else?

30. OHRassi says:

If I hadn’t seen the description on their own web site, I’d say that looks like the McRib patty – formed bones and all…. I think I remember them selling a “hogie” shaped burger here in the US a number of years ago – maybe during the 90’s?

31. tweeder82o says:

being asian, i can only imagine/salivate about the black pepper sauce. living in the US, I’ve had some attempts in recreating this asian sauce, alas no luck