Frustrated at the number of marijuana dispensaries that have sprouted up since voters allowed its legal medical use in 1996, the L.A. City Council today voted to shut down the majority of them and relocate the rest to the industrial zones. Mayor Villaraigosa will have to sign the ordinance before it goes into effect.
Los Angeles City Council Votes To Close 80% Of Marijuana Dispensaries
By cwalters January 26, 2010
More From Consumerist
- North Pole Rejects Proposed Ban On Marijuana Sales
- SideCar Launching Medical Marijuana Delivery Service In San Francisco
- Marijuana Sales Legal In Oregon Today, But Not Available Statewide
- It’s Official: Owning And Using Marijuana Is Now Legal In Washington D.C.
- Senate Bill Would Decriminalize Medical Marijuana In States Where It’s Already Legal