Huntington Meat Packing Inc. is recalling 864,000 pounds of beef due to potential E. coli contamination. Inside, the six different Huntington products subject to the recall.
* 40 lb. boxes of “Huntington Meats Ground Beef”
* 40 lb. boxes of “HUNTINGTON MEAT PKG. INC. BEEF GROUND FOR FURTHER PROCESSING”
* 40 lb. boxes of “BEEF BURRITO FILLING MIX”
* 10 lb. boxes of “IMPERIAL MEAT CO. GROUND BEEF PATTY”
* 20 lb. boxes of “IMPERIAL MEAT CO. GROUND BEEF PATTY”
* 10 lb. boxes of “El Rancho MEAT & PROVISION ALL BEEF PATTIES”
No illnesses have been reported.
Most of the beef was produced between Jan 5 and Jan 12 of this year.
The beef was shipped to distribution centers, restaurants and hotels in California, so if you don’t buy your beef buy the pallet-load and you don’t live in CA, you’re probably okay. However, due to the limited information available, it’s unclear whether any of the patties made it into any customers’ gullets.