Update: How Do I Reset My Password?

Update, 11/24/09, 8:24PM

We’ve made some progress addressing the login problems that some of you have been experiencing, and I’d like to share some information about what we’ve learned today, and the steps we’re taking to address these problems.

There was no security problem

Some of you reported receiving what looked like someone else’s account information in your password reset email. As soon as we found out about that, we stopped sending out reset emails, to avoid exposing any account data. After investigating the issue, we determined that what looked like account information was actually data generated as part of database operations by this site’s previous owner. No actual user data was exposed, and we are now in the process of reviewing those records to make sure all affected users get the information they need to log in to the site.

Login problems have been fixed

If you found yourself having to repeatedly reset your password to log in earlier today, you should now be able to log in and stay logged in with your current password. If you’re still unable to do so, let us know and we’ll look into it. There may still be a handful of accounts affected by this, but most of you should be able to log in without any problems.

If you’ve forgotten your password, or couldn’t log in with it earlier today, you can get a new reset link by entering the email address associated with your account on the Reset Password screen.

Display problems are being addressed

We know there are some problems with comments not displaying or threading properly and we’re working on fixing them. Our priority today was to make sure that everyone could get into their accounts, and to address any possible security issues. Now that this has been done, we’re turning our attention to the display issues.

Thank you for working with us to resolve these issues. We won’t stop until all commenters are able to log in and all comment display issues are resolved.

Original Post:

We know there are some problems with the password reset process, and we’re working on it. If you’re having trouble logging in, even after responding to a password reset email, go to the Password Reset page, enter the email address you used when you set up your profile, and click Recover. You should receive a new temporary password, which should work the next time you try to log in. We’ll keep working on this, and will make sure that all registered commenters are able to log in.

Update: We’re continuing to work on all issues related to the commenting system. Please continue to add any comment bugs that you find to this thread and we’ll follow up. Thanks!

Update 2: Here’s something that may help those of you who report being logged out and having trouble logging in again. On your first login, be sure to check “Remember Me.” Then, do not log out. You should stay logged in for the current session, and on your next session, if you’re not logged in, clicking on the “Log In” link should log you back in, without forcing a repeat visit to the Login page.

Comments

1. calchip says:

Worked without a hitch for me :)

2. magic8ball says:

So I’ve updated my password, the site says I’m logged in, but when I post a comment it says it’s being held by the site’s owner for review, or words to that effect.

3. Eldritch says:

Kitty!

Wait, what? I got distracted…

• Taliskan says:

Same problem! I kept trying to use the initial emailed password, but the kitty was so distracting. Eventually I had to click to get the password reset. That worked, but I had to go back to the kitty. :D

4. jerrycomo says:

I had to make a new profile coz I entered my email but it didn’t reply with a temp password.

No biggie, I figured it’s a new, revamped Consumerist so why not a fresh new profile? Like a purification process.

• savageboredom (formerly Benguin) says:

Same here. I made sure my old account had an email address assigned to it back when they kept telling us to do so, but I guess it still didn’t work.

Oh well, no biggie I guess.

• KTK1990 says:

Same here. It seems like my old account, even though it had a email address linked to it, was deleted in the move. Had to create a new account with my old screen name and email address.

5. codeman38 says:

I’m able to do the password reset process, but it doesn’t seem to actually be resetting my password. It allows me to log in that one time, but then once I try logging out and entering my username and password again, I get an error. Any idea what could be up with this?

6. trentblase says:

Second what codeman38 said

• usa_gatekeeper says:

Wow. How to make something simple, complicated. Sort of like a Microsoft update that won’t load up properly.

7. dryfire says:

That fixed it for me as well.

Will we get an explanation as to why we saw this side last week for a short time before it reverted back?

8. allstarecho says:

The “Flag for review” link on a user’s post doesn’t work.

There’s a spam post by user “coolforsal121″ on the “Hey, You Look Different!” thread. I clicked the “Flag for review” link. I got the following error popup: “Can’t call method "blog_id" on an undefined value”

9. do-it-myself says:

Smooth transition for me…

10. codeman38 says:

Another random unrelated thing: Only the first post of each comment thread shows when you’re logged out.

11. mikeluisortega says:

Worked for me after a password recovery, love the new look!

12. allstarecho says:

And another issue…

When you click on someone’s name and it goes to their profile page, it’s not showing their latest comments. Only their old ones before the site change. I looked at my own after making a couple of comments within the last 10 minutes but it’s showing my last comment on a story was on October 19.

Just an FYI for the tech folks, if they are even reading these.

• Marc Perton says:

We;re reading everything. And fixing everything, too! Thanks for pointing this out.

• allstarecho says:

Awesome Marc. Thanks!

• allstarecho says:

It’s working now but in reverse? In otherwords, it’s showing my last comment at the very bottom.

Also, used to be that when I go to someone’s profile, look at their last comments, want to go to their specific comment, I clicked and it took me right to that comment. Now, I have to wade through pages to find it. Can you return that option?

• Eldritch says:

Is there a way to eliminate the page you get to when you post a comment? I lose everything I was reading and I have to go back through the comments again.

Also, page numbers instead of the “new comments” arrow? :) Pretty please with digital sugar on top?

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

I agree. The “newer comments” gets very confusing when you have three or four pages, and you’re not entirely sure how many “newer comments” links you have to click on to get to the end.

• SunnyLea says:

Ditto on both! I think. I can’t quite remember what I’m replying to! Umm.. that is to say, I don’t like it when the whole page reloads after I comment b/c I’m losing my place, and also the Newer/Older thing is confusing me. I do admit I am easily confused.

13. InsaneNewman says:

So I see that threaded comments are turned on for this post … will there be away to “Sort by Popularity”? That was a favorite feature of the old site for me.

14. wring says:

Awesome! Worked fine for me.

15. azzy says:

Yay, I didn’t get an email about the password, but this worked. Thanks!

• Slave For Turtles says:

Ditto. I never received any email, but the addy is correct. This posting helped immensely! Thanks, Marc!

• hotdogsunrise says:

I didn’t get an email either. But resetting has worked so far.

• Paladin_11 says:

I did get the email, but the temporary password didn’t work. Oh well, large software updates sometimes have problems. I love Consumerist but it’s not like it’s matter of life or death.

16. TTCFCL says:

Cool site revision. Thanks for the help! Good system

17. milrtime83 says:

I updated my email address a while ago when the posts told me to, and it still told me I didn’t have an account. I had to register it as a new one.

18. sn1per420 says:

I entered an email address in my gawker profile so that I could be a trusted commenter here, but it still didn’t recognize my email, so I had to register for a new account.

19. techgoddess: Only .002 cents per byte says:

Hm, weird, I never got a reset password email although my email *was* on my profile…I reset my password anyway.

20. toolverine says:

I used the password reset page to set me straight. I’m digging the new layout so far. It’s definitely easier on the eyes than before.

21. MiltyKiss says:

It goes without saying, but also watch your spam box. The first email landed in my spam box, but when I went to do a “recovery”, that one went into my inbox. Weird!

22. Green Goth Brit Chick - AlternatEve says:

I never actually got an e-mail saying “here is your new password” (and YES I checked my spam folder). However, the reset via e-mail worked, and I still have my username, so all is good after a reset.

23. denali says:

That worked just fine!

24. CompyPaq says:

Is there a way that we can stay on the same page after we post a comment like it was on the old site instead of going to a page that says our comment was posted?

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Yeah I’m not a fan of this either. It’s a minor inconvenience though, we can get used to it. Just have your fingers ready to hit apple + left or alt + left.

• Meathamper says:

Lots of Movable Type blogs do this, such as Boing Boing. It’s a pain and I’m sure it could be fixed if the comment system was replaced with something made in-house.

• PsiCop says:

Agreed. Movable Type, overall, is extremely deficient in this regard. Makes me wonder why anyone uses it. Also makes me wonder why it’s never been fixed. (Reports of MT logins not being persistent go back to 2005 and even longer. This is NOT news to the MT people. Yet, in all those years, not a finger has been lifted in the direction of fixing it.)

• humphrmi says:

You mean, like what Gawker Media did? :)

25. subtlefrog says:

Yay new site. I just miss the stars. On one hand, we’re all the same, but on the other, now I have nothing to aspire to now…

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

I lost my star!! Now how will I distinguish myself from the masses?

• Trai_Dep says:

Uh oh: I too am missing a certain… Bling.

Captain Duvel Moneycats. Earl Tigré. After all the love, support and calls for Oatmeal For All, now is the time to agitate to get these lovely, lovely shiny, shinies BACK!

• Trai_Dep says:

I miss the Show All command, as well.
        And the
        And I was hoping they’d add a “dagger” icon that would make comments from some people invisible.

I like the bigger avatars, and it’s odd to see all the columnists’ photos. I half-assumed they were all actually really intelligent cats, except for Meg & Ben, who made an appearance at the C-Meetup, NYC.
        I like the added white space, though. It makes it a lot cleaner.

26. The Cynical Librarian says:

It worked for me after resetting a couple of times. Thank god.

27. The Marionette says:

Worked fine for me. I thought we had to do something on the old site, we then get an email for something and then are able to log into the new site. I didn’t have to do anything but log in on here, even though I never got an email, unless I’m mistaken about the whole email thing.

28. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

So I didn’t get the email, but this article hepled to fix it :D

29. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

Augh O_o I have to find all my followed people again :(

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

i used gizmodo and firefox – log in over there, look at your old follow list, right click on the username and open in new tab. then click the headline name of a consumerist article they commented on and find them on that page, click through to their profile and follow.
      sounds long but i got all of mine refollowed in under 5 minutes [aside from those who no longer have active consumerist profiles and GESD whose profile link for some reason goes to a game page, probably by his own evil design]

• chiieddy says:

If you go to Lifehacker, at least, you’ll have a list of who they are on the old network.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

It was actually more convenient when we could “heart” people right next to the comment. But now, I have to click on your name, click “follow” and return back to the page. But, small inconveniences for such an awesome layout. Oh and bigger comment box text! My eyes thank all of you.

30. Michael Belisle says:

The second page of comments doesn’t work properly in either Safari or Firefox on Max OS X. Some of the poster images disappear, and I can’t expand the threads.

• elganador says:

Same here with the OS X and Safari issue. I also noticed that clicking the Replies on subsequent pages moves the scroll location to what appears to be a random location on the page, and also places data in the browser history (like with an in-document anchor/location tag). Again, this location is not related to the initial Reply link/div clicked on.

• SunnyLea says:

Same here on Windows XP on both Firefox and IE.

31. Telekinesis123 says:

It says my comments have to be approved now since the site change today whats up with that (Big pouty lip.)

32. Dafrety says:

I had to end up making a new account unfortunately. My email was proper before though, but it didn’t recognize it. Don’t know what happened.

• NinjaMarion says:

Same here. I made sure I had an email entered the first time it was mentioned, but checking again on Kotaku, I somehow don’t have one listed. I’m wondering if somehow the latest Gawker change reset that, which had screwed me out of having an email entered for the change.

33. gStein_*|bringing starpipe back|* says:

everything just exploded, but i’m back now, yay!
    i’m hoping for a list of future features we can expect… (ben already mentioned threaded comments are in the pipeline, but i’d also like to know if we can expect email replies or an onsite message system at any point)
    I also liked the way gawker did the “live” preview… also, does HTML work here? and what HTML works?

• gStein_*|bringing starpipe back|* says:

yay, threaded commenting is apparently here!

• Green Goth Brit Chick - AlternatEve says:

Yeah except its working in a really weird way – not all replies are threading. However I am willing to give it a while to work the bugs/kinks out.

• gStein_*|bringing starpipe back|* says:

it looks like all the “imported” comments aren’t threadng… low priority, imo.

34. scar4711 says:

I love the new site.. ran into the password issue. Followed the steps.. I’m in.. of course.

35. LESSTHANKIND says:

I haven’t been able to comment thru my account for like 2 years for some reason, so I’ve been commenting as a guest the whole time. Got email to update my account, temp password didn’t work. Tried password recovery link instead, and all was well.

Love the new layout! Really sharp!

36. theSuperman says:

On an unrelated note, I really wish the new site had a way to expand all posts. In this case, to show all replies without having to click Plus.

Although the previewing a comment feature more than makes up for it.

• GearheadGeek says:

I seem to be having a problem expanding replies at all. I see the big + on several posts, with a count of replies, but clicking on it isn’t doing anything (XP Pro SP3, Firefox 3.5.5)

37. Chuck Reynolds says:

pwd you sent didn’t work but pwd reset script worked fine… in like flint ready to rock

38. pkchukiss says:

The password sent to my email address didn’t work, but the “Forgot password” link did, so it’s ok. You might want to look into fixing that though.

39. catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

success. and most previously followed commenters are refollowed
    now if i could just figure out why my page only shows the first 20 people i followed.

40. tcp100 says:

Initial password send to email did not work; reset one did. Access granted. I’m in the matrix.

41. Andrew says:

Worked for me, the second time around…

42. El_Fez says:

Huzzah! Finally, I managed to get the right password attached to the account. I’m a real person again!

I am not a number, I am a FREE MAN!

43. Spider Jerusalem says:

*grumblegrumble* I had to jump through hoops. HOOPS.

44. DunderMifflin says:

Doesn’t work, it says my password was reset but it doesn’t stick it signs me on but if I sign off it says that my password is not valid

45. Laines says:

I rebuilt my account. I did everything you told me to and I was still erased! It’s all good though because I’m sure no one was waiting around to hijack my name. I love the new graphics.

46. DunderMifflin says:

Why is it holding my comments for “review”?

47. chiieddy says:

Interesting. I had the issue where it told me the password provided with incorrect, but I was able to get in by telling it I forgot my password and resetting it that way. So, I logged in, updated my profile a bit (new pic!) and then when I just went to comment here, it told me I had to sign in, then when I clicked om that, I was already signed in. Weird.

48. allstarecho says:

It’s all wonky. I had to use the “forgot password” option just to get back in because it told me my password from the last time I changed it using the “forgot password” option wasn’t any good.

49. Michael the Great says:

Ok, somebody write a letter to consumerist telling them how bad their experience with consumerist is.

50. LatinoGeek says:

Just wondering, is the new site iphone frendly?

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Ehhh, kind of. It was a pain to navigate this morning but that’s mostly because I was unfamiliar with the layout, and it’s still a little buggy. But what makes it not so iPhone friendly is the fact that when you make a comment, it sends you to a whole new screen. Then you have to navigate back to the thread itself. The extra clicks make the time spent loading Consumerist an eternity. A mobile site would certainly remedy this.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Guhhh…this was supposed to be a reply to someone upthread who asked whether the new layout was iPhone friendly. Whenever I hit “submit” when replying, it didn’t do anything. Now I guess it did post every single time. My apologies, I didn’t mean to repeat my post. Okay, now to click only once…

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

51. 781elephant says:

mine worked!

52. Meathamper says:

Same here, I had to do the forgot password thing because the site said my password was invalid. Gah!

53. MarissaGaust says:

I just did a “password reset” and re-logged in with my email account. Your site now tellls me I’m “MarissGaust” but I’m actually Richard Walker a.k.a. “reechard.” Please advise.

54. Pop Socket says:

Test, test, test. Is this thing on?

55. Blackneto says:

works on one computer not on the other. time to clear cookies i guess.

56. STrRedWolf says:

Had to follow this one, but it worked like a charm. At least I know what email address I used too, and it’s not the Gawker one.

57. antisane says:

I have tried this 3 times, with the same result every time.

1. reset password request (because the password emailed to me automatically did not work)
    2. change password to what I want
    3. automatically logged in, it works(?)
    4. log out
    5. unable to log back in until I send ANOTHER password reset request
    6. return to step 1

Note: when you preview your comment (pre-posting) and you want to edit it, clicking on the “post a comment” box (to edit the comment) makes it all vanish (at least for me).

58. ZhannTk says:

Couldn’t get in using the original email, but after using the reset page it worked like a treat.

59. discounteggroll says:

interesting look. reinstate my star and I won’t send a letter to corporate =)

60. oldgraygeek says:

The password in the initial Email didn’t work, so I had to use the “Forgot Password” page…

61. oldgraygeek says:

…now my comments are being held for approval.

62. summerbee says:

Phew, finally! I also had to use the “forgot password” option because the site didn’t like the one that came to me via email.

63. TheKel says:

Yup…worked for me. I had to resend it, but here I am.

64. SalilaAliquippa says:

Hi. This isnt me. My name is actually Dave. You however have emailed me this guys login details. I’m assuming you’ve email my actual details to someone else. Brilliant. Well done. I shall be reporting you to the consumerist. Oh.

65. lasunshine says:

Used password reset. I’ve never been able to comment before, it always gave me an error. So let’s see how this goes.

66. Benny Gesserit says:

Sweet like sugar!

67. Toof_75_75 says:

Temp password didn’t work, Recover password worked without a problem. Yay.

68. Awjvail says:

Worked fine for me. Will let you know if I find any bugs.

69. Ninja007 says:

this site is lame

70. Awjvail says:

Okay found one. On this post and possibly others that mention multiple companies.

At the bottom of the post, the text is overlapping and it says:

Consumerist Info on: Comcast
    Consumerist Info on: Google
    Consumerist Info on: Honda
    Consumerist Info on: Microsoft
    Consumerist Info on: Sprint Nextel
    This is a test using rich text formatting and html links. It’s the generic “company” ad that should appear on all posts with the Company category if they don’t have an ad attached to a specific company.”

And PLEASE get rid of the “Your Comment has been submitted” page. PLEASE!

71. Catchy Screen Name says:

This is a catchy new look. Congrats.

72. pb5000 says:

wow, that was easier than I expected it would be.

73. tedyc03 says:

Thanks. I had to do this method to get my account working again.

74. HalOfBorg says:

Not working for me. I did all I was supposed to do before the big change, but it still would not let me in today. Didn’t even recognize my email, so I registered. All went OK, I clicked the emailed link, but after that I still can’t login.

If I do the reset password, and just click LOGIN it works, but if I logout and try login it fails again.

“Bugs – they’ll creep up on ya!”

• AstroPig7 says:

I just used the Forgot Password? link, but I have the same problem after logging out. I have to reset my password again before I can log in.

75. Nettwerk says:

Works

76. originalread says:

Woo Hoo! It worked for me! Nice layout now. I really like the new logos. One question thou I may have just missed the PSA, who is Marc Perton, executive editor?

77. kateblack says:

I think this worked.

78. Winter White says:

I also had to make a new account. I tried every single one of my email addresses and all of them returned a “user not found.” I know what account I signed up with, but I never got a password reset email to any of my email accounts.

Oh well, not a big deal, but I had a star before and now I don’t :(

• savageboredom (formerly Benguin) says:

Well the stars were a Gawker thing, so I don’t think it would have even mattered after the switch.

79. Liquidice says:

Does not work for me. When I tried the temporary password, it did not work. So I tried the Forgot my password method and it emails me a link which allows me to reset my password. When I reset my password it accepts it and if I click “Login” it automatically shows me as logged in (thats how I am posting now) — but when I go to Sign out and then Log back on, my password does not work! I tried this a few times, and also tried Editing my Profile after I am logged in and changing my password there — but it did not work either.

80. katia802 says:

did have an issue with the first e mail sent, but was no problem to reset my password. Like the new look :+)

81. Papa Midnight says:

Temporary password did not work for me nor did my old one. I instead had to perform the password reset process entirely. That did work for me.

82. Noir says:

Thanks for the solution. Finally I can comment, yay!

83. sqlrob says:

I had to recreate my account. Back when you said “check your e-mail”, I did and there was one on it. I tried the reset with any of the ones I would’ve used, no go.

84. QuenbyJuicy says:

I am not this QuenbyJuicy, silly name though. I am Jeremy82465

85. enthreeoh says:

I can log in on Firefox but not Internet Explorer

86. adamstew says:

I received a password via email with out asking for it. That password I was sent didn’t work. However, the password reset process did work for me.

87. bben says:

Not only did the new password not work.I used cut and past to enter both my user name and the temporary password and no joy.

When I attempted to re-register, I got the message that my name was already taken, so I am in the system.

Then I received another notification for a completely different member. – Not me, not even close. If a moderator will contact me by email I will give the info I received.

I had to use a new user name and register as a new member to get on.

88. DairyCreamer says:

I had to do the PW reset page myself, but no issues after that! Yay Consumerist!

89. kyle4 says:

The password Consumerist sent me wouldn’t work for some reason so I just clicked “forgot password” and sent the reset link to my email address. Aside from that it worked without a hitch.

90. Winteridge2 says:

Received email for someone not my user name. He is on his own. After 5 tries, I used “forgot password” and set up new pw. Keep working on it.

• CFinWV says:

Me too, I’m hoping it’s a glitch somewhere.

• QuenbyJuicy says:

Im in the same boat. I am not QuenbyJuicy, however when I put in my email address it sent me a reset password email, when i logged in with said email address and new password it still said I was QuenbyJuicy :(

91. bben says:

I had to use a new user name and register as a new member to get on.

Now getting message my comment failed because too many messages have been submitted in a short time!

92. nandhp says:

Not a comment or login bug, but the feed http://www.consumerist.com/index.xml seems to be missing images…

93. CFinWV says:

Uhm… I received an email for a different username with my email address. Where I can I get that taken care of? There should be no one but me using my email.

94. jaydez860 says:

Before you guys moved it said to check and confim my email, I did, check. I got no email to reset my password. I tried to reset it and it said my email didn’t exist. I tried to re-register and it said my user name was taken. I had to make a new user name :(

95. nightshade74 says:

Hmm.. The password sent didnt work. So I used the reset password link.
    That lets me in *1* time. If I try to login anywhere else it doesnt recognize
    my password… ho hum….

96. iwparker says:

Just testing out the new comment system. Movable Type, eh? Good choice and nice work on the new layout and design. Very crisp and readable. I like it.

97. AlphaTeam says:

It kept telling me my password was wrong and logging me out when it finally worked. Hopefully this comment comes through.

98. aka_mich says:

Ya, the temporary password I was given didn’t work for me so I did the email recovery, we shall see if it works in 3….2….1

99. pecan 3.14159265 says:

We’ve always been able to preview, though. Or is there something fancy I’m not seeing?

100. r081984 says:

The password they sent me did not work. I had to use the reset password link to log in.

101. zanhecht says:

Worked for me.

102. Razor512 says:

same problem here, if I change the password, it lets me log in the one time then if I sign out and try to log in again, it says my password is wrong.

103. uptown says:

I got a password reset email for my account AND somebody else’s (who I’ve never heard of). I’m guessing that wasn’t supposed to happen. If your name here happens to be “GrosvenorBigawoo” … I’ve got your password email. Probably not the best thing to happen for a site that points out company screw-ups.

By the way …. it’s pretty much accepted to be a HORRIBLE practice to send out people’s passwords in clear-text. Especially when it’s unsolicited.

104. pecan 3.14159265 says:

Okay…bugs… bugs..

Well, not really a bug, but the site isn’t as mobile friendly as it used to be. It wasn’t massively mobile friendly to begin with (the photos and graphics and all) but being sent to a new page after commenting makes the time spent loading Consumerist an eternity. A mobile site would certainly remedy this though.

I’m not a huge fan of the super cascading comments. If (for example) Ben makes a comment, then Marc, Laura, and Phil reply, their posts cascade just a little. But if three more people reply to Marc only, it cascades in such a way that by the time you get to the third reply, it’s reduced to about a third of the comment area. It makes it really hard to read, especially when you get to the longer threads with 40ish comments and everyone’s replying to each other, and such.

Okay, now here’s a real bug. I’m having problems commenting and replying. When I hit ‘submit’ it sputters for a few seconds, but never does anything else. Hopefully this will post.

105. Phipps6505 says:

Worked for me – thanks for the tip!

106. ZeGoggles says:

SUCCESS. Posting comments on the internets!!!11!!!

107. BoyceLagmaster says:

This isn’t my account. You guys have somehow associated my email with this account.

108. bornonbord says:

I’m not sure if I’m logged in or not at the moment… I clicked the link in my email and it brought me back to The Consumerist to reset my password. I did and now… I’m here.

I clicked “LOGIN” in the top right, and now it just says “Signing in…”

109. Bohemian says:

Ugh. I ended up having to create an entirely new profile.

110. TheDoctor says:

I decided to make a new account instead of sitting on someone elses until mine is fixed, though I think I like the new name.

On a buggy side note, I notice sometimes I cant open replies at all.

111. TVarmy says:

Thanks! The first one didn’t work, but I thought I’d just wait a day in case it was just the server getting swamped.

112. PsiCop says:

FWIW … couldn’t log in based on the initial email, but after doing the “Password Reset,” it worked.

113. Sonicslasher says:

That took a while.

114. ganzhimself says:

Well, if this comment posts, it worked. Like the new look, by the way.

115. The_Fuzz_53 says:

Hmm, it would appear that I have two log-ins for one e-mail, and only one of them could make comments. So let’s see if this one is working.

116. Dirtylicious says:

…lets hope I actually can comment now

117. Hoss says:

Bugs, bugs, more bugs

118. uptown says:

You have hash tags that allow a user to link to a specific comment in the entire comment thread.
    The problem is, if this comment isn’t on the front page of the comments, this link is worthless.
    The comment links shouldn’t use hash tags since they might reside on a page deeper in the list of comments.

119. RChris173 says:

I was not able to login with the temp password that was originally e-mailed to me. I did a reset, and then could login.

120. Mitch says:

Got it going after using the password reset page. Getting used to the new design but I really like it, it’s far less cluttered than the gawker style. It’s bold and powerful now.. very easy on the eyes. Great work everybody!!

121. MrEvil says:

The temporary password that was sent to me did not work. However, I recovered my password successfully.

And great job on the new site Consumerist, I really like the new design and will continue to be a happy reader.

122. failurate says:

At first, I thought, “maybe they don’t want me anymore?” Then I realized I was checking the wrong e-mail address.

123. Smashville says:

Worked for me.

• Smashville says:

Hmm. My last reply to myself didn’t pop up with this “Replying to” bar on the bottom. Maybe I clicked the wrong button.

124. pecan 3.14159265 says:

Another bug. Some comments aren’t expanding at all. When you click on the plus sign or the (number) replies link, nothing happens.

125. NotYou007 says:

Had to reset my password but all is good.

126. myrna_minkoff says:

Testing….testing.

It didn’t recognize my old account name/email address. But registering as a new user went fine.

127. Smashville says:

Actually, I take that back. The temporary password actually didn’t work…I had to use the reset password function.

128. gamerchick02 says:

I got the email just fine, but the password given didn’t work. I clicked on “forgot password” and entered a new password, and now everything’s peachy!

Amy

129. NotYou007 says:

Testing…

130. witeowl says:

Weird glitch for me: I can’t expand threaded comments most of the time. I have to do a quick reload in order to expand threads, but if I reload on a “newer comments” page, I go back to the first comments page… which means I can never expand threads on any but the first page. (Using FF with all scripts allowed for this domain.)

131. endlessendres says:

FYI, I am unable to log in through Firefox, IE works just fine though.

132. DadCooks says:

Had trouble loging in with the password reset, but the Password Reset page worked. Hope this is your only issue.

133. Colonel Jack O'neill says:

I tried to log in, it said I don’t exist, then I tried resetting my password, but it said user not found, I had to create a new account.
    But besides that, the site looks good.

134. TheHat says:

This is a test

135. courtachino says:

Told me my temp. password was invalid. Did a password reset through email, didn’t work. Did it a second time, and it worked, Yay!

136. Beef Supreme says:

EVERYTHING ASPLODED! AHHHH! But seriously, it ate the people I was following and that were following me…hmph.

137. AstroPig7 says:

It looks like comments aren’t threading. The replies link is visible, but it does nothing when clicked.

• AstroPig7 says:

Ah! The reply link doesn’t work in any set of comments but the first. One click of Newer Comments, and replies go away.

138. Janine Melnitz says:

Hm, well, my old name wouldn’t work, even though I know I had my email updated. This one works, although I don’t know that I ever got approved.

[insert something funny and relevant here]

• Janine Melnitz says:

Ok, I couldn’t see any but the first 50 comments for a while. It’s working for me now, but I still can’t click on my profile.

We’ll see if “submit” works this time, too…

139. Ophelia42 says:

I’m having the same problem as a few others with the password reset. It’s showing 2 accounts at the same email address (I registered for a second, when the first didn’t work – I never received the original PW change email, nor any password reset emails). When I reset my password for the second account, it seems to work, automatically logs me in, but when I log out and back in, it doesn’t recognize the new password.

…and I can’t seem to comment. It just takes me to a permission denied page when I hit submit.

140. Meggers says:

Had to use the password recovery option, seems to have worked fine after that. I like the new look!

141. idip says:

*grumble* Didn’t work for me. Kept saying it was invalid. Had to sign up again. I’m thinking part of the database got lost some where because I used the same email address and it had no problem.

142. SoCalGNX says:

Wah!!! I liked the design of the old site better.

143. Kimaroo - 100% Pure Natural Kitteh says:

The orriginal email gave me some issues, it told me that the temporary password was incorrect. But when I hit the “Forgot password” link it allowed me to reset my password back to what I like it to be. I haven’t tried logging out and back in again though.. I’m afraid.

144. Sir Winston Thriller says:

Nothing worked for me. I had to create a new account. Oddly, it wouldn’t accept my prior username ‘paddbear’ and I am getting a lot of “Oops! That link is broken!” pages and need to refresh to get to the page I want.

145. bkdlays says:

So the temporary password didn’t work.. the site is slow as molasses.. i finally reset it.. logged in 3 times so far… here we are.. if this comment works then it is working.. i guess

sometimes things are better left the old way

Did you guys buy this new platform at radio shack?

146. admiral_stabbin says:

Hey, minor inconvenience for such a massive…and awesome…site overhaul.

I’m extremely impressed by the new site.

147. asterisk7000 says:

Works

148. SabyneWired says:

I had trouble with the e-mail as well, had to go through the “Reset Password” option to get my account on track.

I’m also noticing a lot of bugs on the pages themselves when I click to read more of the articles. Right now, for example, I cannot access the comments on this page; all I get is the article and my comment box. Other than that, the site looks pretty good!

149. Satanicat says:

That works thankfully. But afterwards, if I log out, then try to log back in, no longer works and I have to reset it again.

150. digisplicer says:

Temp password didn’t work for me. Had to go with “Forgot Password” to reset, and then once at the actual Consumerist website, had to reset again. Then I was logged out for some reason. Logged back in and all seems well.

151. randombob says:

The initial emailed password I got sent just wouldn’t work. I clicked on the forgot password link and all is well now.

152. Kogenta says:

So I’m having a very weird problem. When I try to post with the account I had, I get a permission denied page, and trying to access the profile gives a user does not exist error. But the password recovery page allows me to reset the account password and log in on the account. Has anyone else seen that behavior at all? I ended up just making a new account so that I could actually comment again, but I wouldn’t mind being able to actually use my original account.

153. chrialg6 is a happy effing cupcake says:

I couldn’t log in so I hit ‘forgot password’ and was able to do it that way. Also.. I LOVE THE NEW SITE!

154. feline says:

Odd… random logout, it appears. And attempting to sign back in using the link below the article did not work, but the link at the top right did. Brave of y’all, implementing this on a holiday week.

155. yevarechecha says:

I’m having the same problem when I log out. It doesn’t recognize my new password and makes me recover it yet again.

156. chiieddy says:

I just had to reset my password again to get in

157. Thanatos says:

Damn i thought my email was entered into my profile before the move i just checked my gawker account at Kotaku and no email entered, Damn looks like ill lose all my old comments oh well.

158. barb95 says:

I can comment, yay!

159. Bryan Price says:

The first email had a bad password for me. Well, I did a password reset. Then I logged out to log back in so that Firefox would remember it. Fail.

I did yet another password reset, and I have to keep hitting the login button (but at least it automatically logs me in now) on every new page.

So yeah, the commenting login needs a bit of work still.

160. DPGumby says:

The password in my e-mail did not work and the Forgot Password link did not think that my user existed. I gave up and recreated my account with a different user name but the same display name.

161. madog says:

testing tesitng, 1, 2 3, sibilance, sibilance.

162. madog says:

i don’t know if this is working…… testing… sibilance.

• madog says:

ooook. if this new site doesn’t like the iphone, there will be hell to pay! that test is coming up later today.

• madog says:

My first reply didn’t show…. but I did have to click “newer comments” 4 times to get to my post each time…. be warned! I’m on this site at least 10 times a day (I’m smoking again), so I’m going to be testing the shit out of it.

163. auntieruthless says:

I didn’t get an email and you didn’t recognize my email address. But that’s ok. I gave myself a new screenname! The old one is my gawker name anyway. I like to keep myself compartmetalized on the interwebz.

164. dennis_k85 says:

I’ve had to reset my password 4 times now. I reset it, then I am logged in. I come back later and I can’t log in again.

165. Spider Jerusalem says:

Come ON, Consumerist.

Yeah, same thing as above:

Original email password didn’t work.
    Went through “Forgot Password?” page
    Changed password to my former password.
    Logged in, posted.
    Went to sleep.
    Cookie expired.
    Woke up.
    Tried to log back in with password.
    Was told my password was invalid.
    Rinse, repeat.

166. Major Annoyance says:

I got the temporary pasword and eagerly rushd to Consumerist so I could get back on and lo and behold, it didn’t work either. I wound up creating a new account and here I am, making my first post. Hopefully my posts will not be sent to purgatory for the first couple of weeks like they were on the old site. Apparently the changeover went smoothly for most but nothing worked for me… not old passwords, new passwords or anything else I could think of.

167. Spider Jerusalem says:

For your update 2, this only applies if it GIVES you that option. Since it sends me directly from “Forgot Password/Create New Password” to being logged on, this is not actually an option. I never see the “Remember Me” box in any of the hoops I must jump to be here.

Also, the threading is nonexistent.

Also, I’m at least glad to see you aren’t holding my comments for the approval process anymore.

168. Trai_Dep says:

Yay!
    It took a couple times, but it all finally worked out!

Uh oh: I’m missing a certain… Bling.

169. macoan says:

Thanks. (nothing really to say, just wanted to make sure I could comment & see my picture)

170. D148lo says:

have to reset password ,and wait for email,,the one send didnt work

171. LESSTHANKIND says:

Yeah, also finding myself signed out and persona non grata upon coming back (yes, I had Remember Me checked), Had to reset password again. Also, comment posted last night not in my profile… is that supposed to be happening?

Glad everyone’s posting their various whines. Helps to see what the patterns are, and what people are using for workarounds!

172. Pop Socket says:

I had to do the reset password thing twice. Once first thing this morning and now all over again.

173. grumpymo says:

Add another count to the list of people who:

followed the update procedures
    had a valid email
    did not get an email w/ password
    could not reset password, with email address, or past address
    and when I tried remaking my account, it tells me the old account still exists

Made new account with new userid since the ols one is now in limbo.

174. kerry says:

Never got the email with my new password and the password reset didn’t recognize my email address. Back to square one, I suppose!

175. ArcanaJ says:

I’m back! Again!

Ok, Consumerist. Please, please, please don’t reset my password again. I’ve done it twice now, all by myself. I’m ok! Really, I don’t need any more “help”.

Kthnxbai.

176. David Millar says:

I tried leaving a comment earlier and I’m having trouble doing so. I originally got an e-mail for another member as well as myself, and when I went to reset my password since the e-mail link didn’t work, I was told that my e-mail address had another account associated with it as well as mine. That’s not cool.

• David Millar says:

Also forgot to mention that the “Flag for review” buttons all have scrollbars next to them in Google Chrome on Win XP.

177. ElizabethD says:

Praise the lawd. I’ve been exiled all day and now, at last, I’m IN!

178. Thorzdad says:

Heck, my account/login information apparently got completely lost in the move. I had to create a new account (using the very same username/login/screen name as the old account) Nice re-do of the site, btw.

179. ogman says:

Movable Type sites do this all the time. I’ve reset mine three times and it now seems to be part of the login process. Really kind of works to discourage use of the site.

180. ElizabethD says:

OK, I am not seeing comment threads. Will this happen soon?

Also: Instead of “older comments” being the only way to navigate through a posting, I would love to have also a line of page numbers so I could click straight to the end instead of viewing screen after screen.

181. AnnNoppa says:

See that name! Not me! Changing the password is easy. Now can someone please fix the name. Sincerely yours, Lapsed Pastafarian

182. PsiCop says:

On the new site … overall I like the new look. The only thing I’d request is either larger type, or the ability to enlarge the type by clicking a link on the page.

183. badhatharry says:

I had to re-register for an account. Luckily, I got my original username.

184. henrygates3 says:

It didn’t work for me. It wouldn’t send me any emails. I did have my email on file and my Gizmodo login still works, but not here so I had to re-re-register. Third time’s a charm.

185. littleAK47 says:

I couldn’t get an email sent to reset using my account that was registered to my aol email account. I registered under my gmail account and received the confirmation email right away!

• littleAK47 says:

I mean: I couldn’t get a reset password email sent to my aol mailbox. I tried many times. That makes a little more sense than my post above, I hope.

186. doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

Why my [redacted] ‘portable’ mail server that I pay an annual fee for held ALL of the password reset emails until this afternoon is beyond me.
    Now, it works.
    Good thing there was nothing to comment on today, right?

187. DadCooks says:

Update 2 did not work for me. Had to do through the Password Reset again. Your system is not remembering me and not keeping me logged in.

188. grimdeath9740 says:

Wohoo back to working order!

189. larrymac thinks testing should have occurred says:

Finally got a password reset email, followed the link, got to my profile page to change my screen name (which was from several weeks ago), hit save and got an error. Then I wasn’t logged in and couldn’t log in with my password.

Used the reset link again, got the email followed the link and came straight to this thread; first saw it saying “sign in to comment” (even though I’d just come from the pw reset), clicked login up top and didn’t have to actually do anything (so that eliminates the possibility of using “Remember Me”) and paged my way to the last page.

It sure would be nice to have a “go to last” function, or page numbers or something.

I also can’t expand any replies (Google Chromium based browser on Vista). Actually, my browser is called Iron, and that seems apt, due to the irony of all this . . .

And I thought we were promised “edit”?

190. larrymac thinks testing should have occurred says:

Follow up, not daring to use “Reply” yet.

I can “open” replies on some threads newer than this, but still not here.

On those where I can open the replies, the count at the top level only counts the first level replies. Replies to replies (and so on) don’t seem to be counted.

191. Traveller says:

I guess Consumerist went through all their guest posts as well and sent profile emails to them. I got an email today with the randomly generated name they gave me when I did my guest post and an option to log in with my temp password. Needless to say, I did, though I would like to know if there is a way to change the username used for logging in to the display name I prefer to use (e.g. JohnTurk to Traveller).

192. MsAnthropy says:

Have had all manner of password problems, and was having no success with the link to request a password reset. Then this morning I got a flurry of about 18 password reset emails… but still couldn’t stay logged in afterwards, and then couldn’t get the site to recognise my just-changed password. About 10 password resets later… I’m in. I think.

New site looks awesome, and I have celebrated by adding a hastily-snapped photo of my cat as a user pic thingummy.

193. UGAdawg says:

What happens to those who included an email address in their profile before the switch but weren’t able to reset their password in order to use their original account? Are we screwed into using our new ones?

194. EverCynicalTHX says:

Thanks!

195. EverCynicalTHX says:

Mine don’t seem to work either..hmm?

196. ben says:

Logging in still isn’t working for me. If I reset my password, I’m able to log in, but once I log out, I can’t use that password to log in again and have to reset it again.

197. LoneHighlander says:

I had to go through the same process of resetting my password as I have all day. Since it won’t recognize me and I have to go through the “recover password” process I don’t get the opportunity to check “remember me.”

198. humphrmi says:

I have had to reset my password every time I want to post. Also, when I’m not logged in and just viewing comments, it won’t show me the “replies” button. I can expand all, and see the replies, but I can’t just chase one particular thread.

Just reset my password again to post this. Hopefully it sticks this time.

199. NotYou007 says:

I still have to reset my password. I am up to e-mail number 5 now as I gave up on the site earlier.

200. coren says:

Add me to the “still have to reset my pasword everytime” group.

201. DadCooks says:

Login problem still not fixed for me. Does not keep me signed in and does not recognize my password so I have to go through the password reset.

Another small point, site is not correcting for my timezone (PST) it is showing EST.

202. NotYou007 says:

Forgot to add that the remember me function does not work either. Comments also are not showing up. Some will display, others will not. I have to refresh the page often to even get the article to display properly and once again. I am up to 5 password resets as it will not hold a password at all.

So far this upgrade has sucked monkey anus.

203. Eldritch says:

My account still won’t let me log in, I have to keep resetting the passwork. :/

204. HiPwr says:

I’m back in. I’m sure you all missed me.

205. almightytora says:

What happened was the password e-mail I got said it wasn’t working. I reset the password with no problems.

206. ClarenceCochonTheEasterPig says:

The new site looks great!

207. allstarecho says:

Hate to break it to ya folks but the login issues are still not fixed. I’ve had to use the “Forgot password” option again just to get here and post this. I’m to the point now where I’m just going to create a new account altogether and see if that works.

208. SabyneWired says:

I’m still having login issues. I just reset mypassword for the third time just to log in and post this comment.

209. NotYou007 says:

Well so far the password is holding. To bad I used a really screwed up password since I was not in a happy happy joy joy mood when I made it and I will have to reset it again :-p

210. H3ion says:

After a half dozen tries in which the site said it didn’t recognize my e-mail address (this was the e-mail address to which the password change instructions was sent so….) I finally said the hell with it and registered again. Everything the same except the e-mail account but what can you do.

Site looks great. Going to take some getting used to. Where’s the cat?

211. imsnowbear says:

Despite what the the update says, I still have to reset my password to log in. If I log out, I can’t log back in without “recovering” and resetting my password. Sure hope this gets worked out at some point.

212. Eric Spears says:

I’m happy to be logged in. I just signed up & initially thought I wouldn’t be able to join because no confirmation email was sent to me, but I suspect that it was because those emails were suspended for security reasons. In any case, it’s good to be here!

213. OKH says:

I just had to reset my pw, fwiw

214. imsnowbear says:

Naw, checking remembering doesn’t work either. System is seriously messed up.

215. osiris73 says:

Yup, just had to recover my password again.

216. codeman38 says:

Yeah, the password reset process still isn’t entirely working for me– it’s letting me ‘reset’ the password and auto-logging me in afterwards, but then I can’t log in using that password once my cookie has expired.

217. MFfan310 says:

I’ve had to reset my password six times and I’ve even changed passwords, and it’s still not sticking when you log out. I’m not logging out for now as a result.

And yes, I’ve used both Firefox and Safari (I use a Mac)… the problem’s particularly prevalent in Firefox.

• Kuchen says:

Same here. I’ve been using Safari, and thought I would give it a shot on Firefox, but it’s not any better.

218. AstroPig7 says:

It looks like I’m one of the users whose account is still having login issues. I just reset my password to be safe, but I still cannot log in after logging out. Unfortunately, I am automatically logged in after resetting my password (yes, I even cleared my cookies), so checking the Remember Me option is unavailable.

219. Willow01 says:

Like everyone else, I’m having to reset the password each time to login.

220. ExVee says:

Yeah, I’m still affected by this bug. I’ve tried setting different passwords with the “lost password” in case for whatever reason it was some sort of database conflict (I’ve seen weirder happen) but still no good.

As well, last night shortly after the first e-mails went out, I posted a comment talking about this very issue which now seems to have never materialized either.

221. SunnyLea says:

Sorry, nope… still having to reset the password every time.

• krunk4ever says:

Yep, having the exact same problem since last night. I’d be log in after recovering my password, but when I log out and try to log back in to verify my password is correct, it’d fail with:

Invalid Username or Password
      Your username/password is not being recognized by our system. Please check your username/password. If you don’t remember your password please click on forgot password.

I’ve tried different passwords and different browsers, all fail with the same reason.

222. Whyspir says:

Couldn’t get the E-Mail at first, tried it a couple times and nothing. Just tried it today and got all three at once. *blinks at that a few times*

Oh well. Lovin’ the new look guys.

223. Cant_stop_the_rock says:

“Some of you reported receiving what looked like someone else’s account information in your password reset email. As soon as we found out about that, we stopped sending out reset emails, to avoid exposing any account data. After investigating the issue, we determined that what looked like account information was actually data generated as part of database operations by this site’s previous owner.”

This really concerns me. Instead of speaking in generalities, could you be more specific about what information was sent out and why it looked like account information?

224. yevarechecha says:

Yup, password isn’t sticking here either. I keep having to reset it.

225. trentblase says:

“If you found yourself having to repeatedly reset your password to log in earlier today, you should now be able to log in and stay logged in with your current password. If you’re still unable to do so, let us know and we’ll look into it.”

This is still a problem for me. (LOOP: Attempt to login, fail, reset password, click link, enter new password, successful login, logout, goto LOOP)

I’ve even tried resetting my password again at my profile and using the password provided when all the accounts were reset (yes, I did get that password but it never worked for me).

226. humphrmi says:

Nope, it don’t work. Earlier I posted after resetting my password. Just came back, had to reset password again to post.

You are smart, you will make it go.

• humphrmi says:

Oh and clicking on the “+2 replies” button still doesn’t work. So threaded comments are still busted too.

• humphrmi says:

And, for the love of god, can we please get a “last page” link for comments? I can only click “Newer Comments” about four times before your server gives up and won’t reply anymore.

227. Kitamura says:

Yay, my original account works again. Glad to see you’re working hard at smoothing over all the problems that have been happening. You’re doing a great job.

228. gregnva says:

Tried to reset my pw earlier yesterday because it wouldn’t let me log on, but never received an email. Just tried it now and it worked.

229. Green Goth Brit Chick - AlternatEve says:

I’m still going through the signup loop as well.

Got my “here’s your random password” e-mail this morning. I’d already reset it twice *g*

230. kyle4 says:

It worked for me before and then didn’t accept my password for over a day. I reset it several times and didn’t get an email until recently. Hopefully this works now, it’s been all over the place.

231. summerbee says:

Bleh! I second what most people here are saying: every time I want to comment, I need to do a password reset via email and THEN log in again.

Also, that “reply” button isn’t doing anything. And I can’t expand anyone’s replies.

232. bben says:

Well, at least the log in worked this time.
    New site looks good, but still needs some work. Like a way to look at newer comments without having to page through all of the comments from the beginning.

Keep plugging, I’m sure you will get it straightened out soon. I’ll still be here. This is one site I check every day.

233. tundey says:

I am still having problems with the password reset. I get the link to reset my password, go through the process and I am only able to login that one time. Subsequent login attempts fail. Please tell me you are taking this seriously! I don’t want to have to keep resetting my password each time I want to login. I have already reset about 10 times already!

234. allstarecho says:

Login issues still not fixed. Expanding to read replies doesn’t work for me either now.

235. DadCooks says:

This is getting ridiculus. Site will not keep me logged in.

I must do a password reset everytime to ger logged in.

I have followed every solution presented in this thread–which is getting hard to follow because it is so long and there is no way to skip to the last comment.

Also, “preview comment” causes the comment to disappear.

Your new site has major problems.

Please fix.

236. chiieddy says:

Hi – When I came on this morning, I tried to log in and, once again (this is the third time), had to go through the reset password process in order to get into my account.

237. korybing says:

I’m still having the login problem. Whenever my account logs out (at random, it seems), I have to reset my password to log back in again. It keeps telling me my password is invalid. :C

• h3llc4t, breaker of office dress codes says:

This is totally random, but congratulations on your wedding. It was featured on Offbeat Bride and I was like “Hey, I think I know that username!” Best wishes to you both.

238. tk427 says:

testing

239. BluePlastic says:

I wasn’t able to get an e-mail to come with my password, so I opened a new account. Hope that was okay. Didn’t know it was because of possible security issues.

240. need2know says:

how do i get to my profile?!!?

241. need2know says:

how do i get to my profile?!?

242. humphrmi says:

So I emailed Consumerist and said that I was still having problems logging in and staying logged in, and today it’s been working fine. So they do seem to be following up on the emails that they receive about it. Kudos for that.

I still have problems viewing replies – sometimes the “+ X Replies” button doesn’t do anything, and I have to go up and click the “Expand All” and then scroll back down to find the thread I wanted to read. I expect that this is just usual roll-out pains that will eventually all get fixed.

What I’d really like to see is some of the comment tracking features that the old site had. If you’re having an interesting conversation between multiple commenters in a thread, it’s hard to find the thread again later. There used to be multiple tools for doing this – RSS feeds of each thread & comment, a user page that let you click on comments and get taken to that thred, etc. None of that seem to be present, or work, anyway.

Still, overall, as an IT Engineer, I’ve got to say kudos to the team – I understand what a HUGE undertaking this is, and they were on top of each inevitable problem that arose.

• Marc Perton says:

We’re working on some of the features you mentioned, including comment feeds to make it easier to track all comments or those on specific posts. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

243. Jeff The Riffer says:

Ok, so I’m just testing my commentor account. Had to do the reset password dealie to get in…

244. Winteridge2 says:

thank goodness. I thought someone had actually hijacked my consumerist account. then when I tried to sign in and change the password, I was told that I didn’t really exist on their records. But how did they send me an email if I wasn’t…. anyway….

245. codeman38 says:

Finally, login is working correctly for me without having to go through the password reset process. Yay!

246. theSuperman says:

I am still having issues with logging in. My password never works. I have to reset my password each time to sucessfully login. Once I logout, my “new” password does not work anymore, and must reset it to create a new one.

Anyone else still having problems too??

247. Esquire99 says:

I’m still having issues staying signed in and using my password. Each time I have to reset my password in order to get logged in.

248. CumaeanSibyl says:

Augh, the system deleted my account. I had an email address listed from the beginning, and I double-checked it when the call went out, but it got zapped anyway.

I hope somebody remembers me…

249. LilBambi says:

well, interesting. I have been trying repeatedly every once in a while to get logged in with my new password to no avail … including today.

Today, on a whim I tried my old password and got in.

250. davidv says:

I’ve reset my password using the email link and each time, it logs me in when I click the link…once. Then, whenever I log out, and try to log back in, it says my password is invalid.

So, the same thing that codeman38 and dozens of others are having. This comment system kinda sucks.