Recent Recalls

Fire, Falling, and Lead, oh my! Here are the latest product recalls:

Homelite Backpack Blowers (fire)
Gander Mountain Company Hang-On Fixed Position Treestands (falling)
Gehl’s HOT TOP2 Nacho Cheese and Chili Sauce Dispensers (fire, burn)
MacPherson’s Children’s Art Easels (lead)
Samsung Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens (shock
Adventure Playsets Recall to Repair Backyard Swing Sets (falling)

Subscribe to the Consumer Products Safety Commission’s RSS feed for the latest product recalls as they’re released.

Comments

1. TechnoDestructo says:

N NT MY NCH CHS ND CHL SC!

2. jivesukka says:

Where will I get my cheesey chili now?

3. ChrisC1234 says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I think the world will be a better place if all of these chili and cheese dispensers were taken off of the market.

I can’t help but think about all of the convenience store workers who fail to clean these things properly. How much old, moldy food is encrusted in these dispensers. It makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

• brandnewhistory says:

At the 7-Eleven down the street from my office, most times I stop by, they’re always cleaning out the dispenser and changing the cheese or chili bags. While I’d never touch the stuff, it seems that for the most part its pretty clean.

• xredgambit says:

@ChrisC1234: They didn’t get a recall for heating. My company sent out techs to fix each one. So it might have just been a part replacement.

4. Whtthfgg says:

Those dispensers are bagged….they are VERY clean…and Gehl’s cheese…..oh so yummy….it isnt the 7-11 crap

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

@Whtthfgg: I can tell they’re clean by the skull and crossbones on the front.

5. AK47 - Now with longer screen name! says:

Wow . . . all this recall did was make me realize how much I need a chili & cheese dispenser in my house!

• h3llc4t, breaker of office dress codes says:

@AK47: I understand what a terrible, terrible choice it would be for me to have those things at ready access. Double cheesy mac and chili? Sure! Nacho cheese pizza? Hell yes! Chili cornflakes? Why not, that’s what the machines are there for. It’d surely be my demise.
      I do very badly want a cheesy hot dog right now though, and I refuse to go to BP to get it.

6. rpm773 says:

Old and busted: My personal hot dog roller/warmer device running 24/7.

New hotness: My personal chili cheese dispenser running 24/7

7. suburbancowboy says:

That skull and crossbones does make for a pretty sweet logo though.

8. katia802 says:

Gonna have to go with catastrophe’s blower/flamethrower idea. So convenient, clean up the leaves and dispose of them instantly at the same time. Not to mention those tiresome neighbors.

9. thisisasignin says:

@catastrophegirl:
    Add the Nacho Cheese and Chili Sauce Dispensers to the pack and you have yourself dinner and a show.