Why Does The Federal Government Hate Truckasaurus?

Last night, “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” addressed one of the crucial economic policy questions of our time: why do the Ivy League snobs in the Obama administration hate Truckasaurus so much? See, the Cash for Clunkers program thoughtlessly deprived demolition derbies and monster truck rallies of the elderly cars they need in order to remain totally awesome.

Watch senior economic adviser Austan Goolsbee, friend of Consumerist, try to defend the government against accusations of being anti-demolition derby.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c
Crash for Clunkers
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political Humor Health Care Crisis

Crash for Clunkers [The Daily Show]

(Photo: beatnikside)

Comments

1. cmdrsass says:

“why do the Ivy League snobs in the Obama administration hate Truckasaurus so much?”

Because they hate freedom, of course.

2. Jesse says:

Obama doesn’t hate Truckasurus, that Communist Wendy Testaburger hates Truckasaurus…and Smurfs.

3. Trai_Dep says:

It’s not that Barry hates the classic Truckasaurus, it’s that he’s peeved that the so-called “Truckasauruses” foisted upon kids today are emasculated shadows of the true Truckasauruses.
    Yup. It’s time to demand that all Truckasauruses are allowed to keep their TruckNutz.

4. Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

That segment was so much funnier for having seen Mr. Goolsbee on Consumerist.

5. theblackdog says:

Isn’t Truckasaurus the one that crushed the Simpson’s car? Man he’s old.

6. MostlyHarmless says:

Hahahaha the look that Goolsbee gives when asked “will you take away baseballs from autistic children?” is just hilarious.

7. Laura Northrup says:

@Jesse: I really, really like the most recent run of South Park episodes.

8. korybing says:

If anything, demolition derbies should be the ONLY way to dispose of unwanted cars. It’s how the cars would have wanted it.

I actually just sold my poor car to a demo derby for the same price I would have gotten for it to scrap it. I feel a lot better about the fate of my car. He wants it this way. Well he really wanted to be blown up by Conan O’Brian, but alas, that was not his fate. This will have to do.

• Laura Northrup says:

@korybing: My car was totaled earlier this year, and my fondest wish is that she finds her way to a demolition derby or is smashed by a monster truck.

9. Skipweasel says:

Bah – can’t watch it in the UK.

Is that for any particular reason, or has someone just carelessly set a protection setting?

10. Laura Northrup says:

@madfrog: Thanks! I still haven’t put any stickers on my new car. I think I’m going to get another “woof” one.

11. Donathius says:

@pecan 3.14159265: Totally unrelated, but have you ever seen Dracula 2000? How did Omar Epps get work after being in that thing? Come to think of it how did Gerard Butler come out of that unscathed?

12. Quellman says:

@nstonep: Aqua Teens Unite.

besides, 237 house members make over $1m a year. They all stick together one way or another.

13. GitEmSteveDave_IsSlacking says:

@Donathius: Didn’t he jump in front of a train on ER? You gotta give him credit for jumping off that sinking ship.

14. Megalomania says:

@Quellman: The senate is the millionaires club, not the House – I know a few years ago there used to be three representatives who shared an apartment in DC.

15. Laura Northrup says:

@GitEmSteveDave_IsSlacking: That would also be acceptable. The back end, however, was smashed enough that there’s not much fun left in it for a demolition derby.

To answer your questions: no, I was not in the car. It was parked on the street and a moron drove into it with a minivan going 50 in a 30 zone.

16. groverexploder says:

@Megalomania: Of course, when they moved in, they redecorated with 100 dollar bill wallpaper.

17. madfrog says:

@Laura Northrup:

Thank god you weren’t in that. Love the “Woof” sticker.

I have to admit, the first thing I thought of when reading this headline was the Simpson episode.

18. GitEmSteveDave_HurtHisKnee says:

@Laura Northrup: You know what the problem is? It’s a Ford. You know what Ford stands for? Fix It Again Tony.

19. korybing says:

@Laura Northrup: Yikes! My car was totaled much more gently. The brakes went out and caused a very minor fender bender that didn’t do a lot of damage, but the cost of replacing the brakes was far more than what the car was worth, so we had to send it to the great scrap heap in the sky. Glad to see it will get one last hurrah before finally checking out.