Waste Less, Save More A few months back, Consumer Reports ran some tests to see how much toothpaste, shampoo, condiments, and other products we waste because the product is coating the container or otherwise inaccessible. Turns out, we throw a lot of it away. Now CR’s Tightwad Tod offers his tips for getting that last little bit of translucent crusty goodness out of the mayonnaise jar. [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick September 17, 2009
More From Consumerist
- From Bread Crumbs To Worcestershire Sauce: How Long Will All That Stuff In Your Pantry Last?
- 5 Costco Kirkland Signature Products May Be Just As Good As Name Brands
- Really Cheap Tires? Surprise: They Might Be Risky Counterfeits
- Blue Bell Lovers Turn To Craigslist For Exceedingly Expensive Pre-Owned Treats
- Hellmann’s Sues Mayo Start-Up For False Advertising Because Mayonnaise Is Supposed To Contain Eggs