Apparently burgers are recession-proof. In fact, according to a recent survey cited by the Boston Globe, “It may be one area of food service where [consumers] are less willing to cut back, despite the current economic environment.” We didn’t know there was a shortage of burger options in the U.S., to be honest, but about half of us think restuarants should offer more burger variety.
Americans Love Burgers. A Lot.
By cwalters September 14, 2009
More From Consumerist
- McDonald’s Cutting 8 Menu Items Next Year And Narrowing Down Value Meal Options From 16 To 11
- McDonald’s Bringing Build-Your-Own Burger Option To 2,000 Locations
- Millennials’ Inability To Commit To Monogamous Fast Food Relationships Is Hurting McDonald’s
- While Other Restaurant Chains Cut Down On Sodium, KFC Meals Have Been Getting Saltier
- Dear McDonald’s: If People Are Asking “What’s In Your Burger?” You’ve Already Lost