Hello, credit card reform! The first pieces of the CARD Act went into effect today. Card issuers must now allow customers to opt out of some changes to their cards, mail bills at least 21 days before the due date, and give 45 days’ notice of all changes in interest rates or fees. [Consumer Reports Money]
By Laura Northrup August 20, 2009
More From Consumerist
- My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Congress May Delay Predatory Lending Protection For Military Personnel
- 3 Reasons You Might Want To Dump Your Credit Card
- 5 Signs That You Shouldn’t Be Using Credit Cards