Hello, credit card reform! The first pieces of the CARD Act went into effect today. Card issuers must now allow customers to opt out of some changes to their cards, mail bills at least 21 days before the due date, and give 45 days’ notice of all changes in interest rates or fees. [Consumer Reports Money]
By Laura Northrup August 20, 2009
More From Consumerist
- My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?
- Report: Credit Card Reforms Saved Consumers $16B In Six Years
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Congress May Delay Predatory Lending Protection For Military Personnel
- New Campus Banking Rules Hope To Protect Students From High Prepaid & Debit Card Fees