Poisoning Now Second Leading Cause Of Accidental Death Over the last few years, poisoning has overtaken firearms as the second most common cause of accidental death, behind car accidents. Most poisonings are the result of ingestion of medication, not from ingesting something that comes in a container bearing a skull and crossbones, so if you have kids, make sure you secure your medications. [Consumer Reports Safety]
By alexchasick August 12, 2009
More From Consumerist
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- Pediatricians Say Using Teaspoons & Tablespoons For Kids’ Medicine Leads To Overdoses
- Study: Over 17,000 Kids Have Been Hurt By Laundry Detergent Pods
- Legislation Aims To Make It Harder For Kids To Snack On Yummy-Looking Detergent Pods
- Lawsuit Claims Thousands Of Dogs Became Ill Or Died After Eating Purina’s Beneful Kibble