Poisoning Now Second Leading Cause Of Accidental Death Over the last few years, poisoning has overtaken firearms as the second most common cause of accidental death, behind car accidents. Most poisonings are the result of ingestion of medication, not from ingesting something that comes in a container bearing a skull and crossbones, so if you have kids, make sure you secure your medications. [Consumer Reports Safety]
By alexchasick August 12, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Sweetener Used In Gum Blamed For Increase In Accidental Dog Poisonings
- Pediatricians Say Using Teaspoons & Tablespoons For Kids’ Medicine Leads To Overdoses
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- Chipotle Still Doesn’t Know Which Ingredient Caused E. Coli Contamination In 8 Restaurants
- Tide Detergent Pod Containers Make Easy Trick-Or-Treat Baskets, But Is It A Good Idea?