Consumers Union’s take on President Obama’s proposed financial product safety commission “When consumers decide to make a financial commitment, they need to understand the bottom line before they sign their name on the dotted line. This plan helps consumers cut through the clutter and make educated decisions about their finances” [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick June 17, 2009
More From Consumerist
- CFPB Releases Educational Guides To Help Non-English Speakers Avoid Scams, Understand Financial Issues
- CFPB Publishes More Than 7,700 Detailed Financial Grievances To Public-Facing Database
- CFPB Launches Financial Coaching Program For Transitioning Servicemembers, Financially Underserved
- Revamped CFPB Complaint Database Allows Consumers To Publicly Air Financial Grievances
- Are Pension Advance Companies The New Payday Loan Lender?