You Had A Cat. Here Are Some Cat Ashes. Problem Solved!

How do you verify the identity of your cat after he’s been cremated? Matthew has no idea if the box he received really contains Spike’s cremains or the cremains of someone else’s pet. His vet offered to print out a new certificate with the correct name on it, but that seems less like a “solution” than a “waste of printer ink” designed to placate without providing answers.

My 15 year old cat Spike died several weeks ago of kidney failure and I had him cremated. My mother picked up his (supposed) remains today while I was at work. The certificate that came with the remains had someone else’s name on it.

I went back to the vet office (the Cat and Dog Hospital of Columbia, Maryland) and they explained that someone from the office called the cremation company (Valley Pet Cemetery in Williamsport, Maryland) and requested a last name change to “Chronister”, at least that’s what the cremation company told them. They presumed I got married. The vets asked around and no one knows who made the call, which is a little ridiculous.

I confronted them with the certificate, which displays a last and first name “change”.

My name is Matthew and my last name starts with a W; Amanda is not my mother’s name and I don’t have a sister. I’m not sure if this Amanda Chronister really even exists or is the result of a computer glitch or something else. Chronister appears in the phonebook and I already spoke to someone by that name, no luck. I also messaged three searchable Amanda Chronisters on Facebook, waiting to hear back.

[For the record, we already contacted Amanda Chronister the illustrator, and it's not her cat, so please don't bother emailing her. Unless you have an illustration job to offer. -Ed.]

The vet office assured me I had my cat’s remains and offered to print out another certificate with my name on it, which made me laugh. I’m not convinced, I don’t know if what’s in the (very nice) wooden container is my pet’s ashes. I’m going to call the cremation company tomorrow and get them to figure out what the hell happened.

That’s unsettling enough, but a week later the vet called Matthew and introduced new doubts about the identity of his box o’ ashes.

The vet called yesterday evening and left a message to return the call, which I did this afternoon. The conversation went something like this:

- We have your pet’s ashes.
Oh good, then I guess I should give back the ashes you gave me over a week ago.
– Let me talk to the office manager.

*on hold*

- OK, it actually was a computer notification that we have the new paperwork for your pet, with the correct last name.
And the correct first name?
– What do you mean?
The owner’s name was changed to someone I don’t know, which invalidates the claim that I have my pet’s remains.
– Let me talk to the office manager.

*on hold*

- OK, yes, the crematory sent the right paperwork. You have your pet’s remains and this is just the right certificate.
Alright I’ll be there in a few minutes.

So I show up with the cardboard box containing the wooden “urn” with my pet’s ashes, with the old “Amanda Chronister” certificate. They hand me an envelope containing [a certificate].

We had a conversation which didn’t really add anything, other than the shifting story of where the name change came from. I repeated the cremation company’s claim that someone from the vet office called and requested the name change, but that no one from the vet office knows who made the call or why they would change the name to someone who wasn’t even a client there. The desk worker said that no one from the office called the cremation company to make the change, that in general they don’t really have any contact like that.

Really? Because my mother was told the same story, that someone from this office called and initiated the name change. That’s what she was told, and that’s what I was told a few hours later.
– Let me go get the office manager.

*waiting in the lobby*

- OK, she’s busy running medical equipment but here’s a carbon copy of the pickup sheet, and this is the only document we have and it says that Spike W was picked up.

*I look at it but it has a bunch of short-hand writing*

Is there any other chain of custody documents? There was also a computer printout I saw last time I was here that had my cat’s weight, condition, etc.

*looks but can’t find it*

…Look, how am I supposed to put any confidence in this piece of paper? The old certificate is basically trash at this point because it’s the wrong name for what you say are the right ashes. Now I have the right name, but how does this prove that these are the right remains?

- I don’t know.

Now even less convinced that he was being given the full story, Matthew decided to call the cremation company to find out just exactly how the process is supposed to work. If you ever wanted to know what goes into the cremation of a pet, here ya go:

All this did was convince me to call the cremation company. I was transferred to someone who knew about my issue.

Apparently their process works like this:

• The vet office (1) notifies the cremation company (2) through a computer system that they have the body of a pet to be picked up. The cremation company sends a truck out, the truck driver (3) has an office worker sign a pickup sheet, which gets split into three carbon copies for all the parties so far.

• The pet comes to the cremation center and if there’s a note for individual cremation, the pet’s information (which comes from the computer system) is printed on a “toe tag” which goes with the body to its own cremation rack. The pet is cremated while the toe tag sits outside, the ashes and the tag are reunited and stay together until the remains are packaged.

• Yhe certificate, cardboard box sticker and a computer printout for the vet to go with the cardboard box are printed using the pet’s information which comes from the computer system, and the toe tag is destroyed. The box comes back to the vet, they keep the computer printout, and I get the box, certificate, and remains.

Someone, either from the vet office or the cremation company must have gone in and changed the name in the computer system, because somebody, somewhere called and told someone else to change the owner’s name to a person no one knows for some reason. The person I was talking to used the words “computer glitch” when we discussed how the name change happened.

I called the vet office back. They do use a computer system (so no one ever called to make the name change; another revision) to notify the cremation company that they have bodies to be picked up, and they supply the cremation company with names and pet information, but they said it was impossible that they made the change because they’ve never heard the name “Amanda Chronister” before.

Matthew adds that he’s actually okay living with the possibility that he may not have his cat’s ashes. He’d just like an honest, straightforward answer at this point:

Still, its the principle of the thing, and if they claim that these are my pets ashes and can’t back up that claim, I’ll call them out on it and want to know the truth. I might not have my pet’s ashes, and at this point, I think I’m okay with that.

But then they would be lying to me, and I won’t accept that.

He says his vet is withholding payment to the crematorium while they investigate.

(Photo: fischerhuder)

Comments

1. dave_coder says:

Wow. The crematorium seems totally unorganized.

On an unrelated note I just wanted to say that I never understood the pet fixation some people have. But then again I’ve never had a pet. :)

• SJActress says:

@dave_coder:

It’s like a person, only you don’t have to deal with nagging, having “headaches”, and deciding which movie to watch together. Also, they’re happy to see you no matter how bad your day was.

• winshape says:

@SJActress: You must be a dog owner and not a cat owner :)

• jeffbone says:

@winshape: I don’t know about that. The stray calico that adopted me last year is always waiting at the door for me when I get home.

I’m sure it’s those uppity purebred cats that give the rest a bad name :-).

• Antediluvian says:

@jeffbone: Our Siamese (all purebred) come when called, run to the door when we come home (they’re not waiting, they’re busy doing other things until we get home), and are awesome companions in general.

It all comes down to how you raise them. If you expect a cat to be uppity, it’ll be uppity. If you teach your cat that you’re going to blow raspberries on its stomach whenever you feel like it, it’ll let you (and not claw your face off). Treat cats properly and you’ll have great friends.

• Petra says:

@Antediluvian: Ha ha, I’m always trying to blow raspberries on my kitty’s tummy, but she’s too fluffy :) I agree with you though, we’ve had both of our cats since they were born (they are 2 now) and they’ve never scratched or hissed at us, are always happy to see us, like to be held like babies, come when they’re called, etc. Heck, ours even let us bathe them and trim their claws with barely any fuss! It all depends on how you raise them.

• SJActress says:

@Antediluvian:

I also have a Siamese (well, a red lynx point Siamese/Ragdoll mix).

It’s like a dog that meows. So, to winshape, yes, I am a dog owner, but also owner of a dog-like buggow-kitty.

(buggow is what his meow sounds like)

• bluewyvern says:

@Antediluvian: All that ith true.

Bud they mag me tho thick.

*achoo!*

*tear*

• ajlei says:

@Antediluvian: I’m gonna have to disagree with the raising of cats. I’m sure it works for most cats, but my cat can be very sweet one moment and then super claw monster the next. From the day I brought her home she was very bipolar. We actually don’t know who the father was so for all I know it was a mountain lion. I just know that my kitty is crazy. But I still love her.

• Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

@winshape: My two cats come racing to see me whenever I come home, but I think they’re just hoping for food. :)

There is nothing in the universe quite so soothing as a purr, though, especially on a cold winter night when the purr-factory is curled up on your feet purring away.

• chiieddy says:

@winshape: My cat happily greets me at the door when I arrive home and demands happy cuddles.

• ViperBorg says:

@winshape: You must be a cat owner who’s cats hate you.

My cats greet me at the door every night, take their places on my couch when I sit down to watch TV, steal food off my plate at dinner, and sleep right against my legs so I can’t move at night when sleeping without disturbing them. And if I make that mistake, they make me pet them until I’m forgiven. They even know when I’ve been on the phone too long. I have the tendency to have my iPhone docked while talking on my bluetooth, and they will lick the End Call button to disconnect me. That’s love.

• Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

@dave_coder: They’re good company and generally amusing, and they’re warm and soft, sort-of like clean laundry.

It does seem like as more Americans spend more on their pets, there are more and more scammy/shady businesses out to exploit people’s love for their animals. And that’s just low, using love to scam people.

I didn’t want my cat’s ashes back (what on earth would I do with them?), but I’d be pretty freaking pissed if after the death of my companion animal, some asshole decided to rub salt in the wound like this.

• PinkBox says:

@Eyebrows McGee (popping ~May 29): I had my cat cremated last year, but mostly because I didn’t want to just have his body tossed somewhere. I figure when I get a house someday I can bury him properly.

• Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

@PinkBox: I had mine cremated, but I didn’t get the cremains back, just had them disposed of by the company. I couldn’t really see burying him in my backyard (what if I dug them up later? ack!) and I didn’t really want to deal with finding a “permanent location” I’d never visit. I thought we’d get a memorial stepping stone instead and call it a day.

• mcnerd85 says:

@Eyebrows McGee (popping ~May 29): I agree completely. Which is why even though I love my Sylar to death, I never waste my money with such frivolous things as automated cat litter boxes that make scary sounds, bundles of cat toys etc… I come home, he stands on two legs, makes some biscuits on my thigh, then I throw a rolled up plastic bag and we play fetch. Yeah….my cat likes fetch. Now excuse me, I have to buy this boy I like a diamond gaygagement ring that is equivalent to four months salary. ;-)

• karmaghost says:

@dave_coder:

But then again, I’ve never had a pet.

Mystery solved.

• Trai_Dep says:

@dave_coder: Because you could easily lose most of a Saturday afternoon simply sitting in front of your drier watching them tumble.
      Wait. WHAT?!!

2. mgy says:

I’ve heard of this happening with human remains more than a few times around my area.

3. Darrone says:

“we’re absolutely sure these are your cats ashes.”

“There are cigarette butts in here!”

“Are you sure your cat didn’t die of lung cancer?”

4. pop top says:

I saw this on Something Awful’s forums last week. It’s good to know he’s getting some answers, but it’s too bad that he still doesn’t know whether or not they’re his cat’s ashes.

5. fantomesq says:

There does appear to be an Amanda K. Chronister living in the area…. Startling coincidence!

6. lannister80 says:

Something about this page is busted. I can only see the righthand side of comments, the left hand side goes off the screen.

Looks OK on other COnsumerist stories…did someone stick a “no break” tag where they shouldn’t have?

• korybing says:

@lannister80: Same here. I am typing blind right now, hah. Is Other people don’t seem to be having a problem though?

• MonkeyButt says:

@korybing: I think I am having the same problem, I can only read half of the comments. At least I hope we’re having teh same problem, I can only see bits and pieces of your comment.

• Coles_Law says:

@MonkeyButt: If your browser can zoom in/out, you can read everything. I’m zoomed out to 70% just to read this. Still broken, but a workaround.

7. processfive says:

So, really, what’s the difference? The cat is gone. Having the correct ashes (or any ashes at all, for that matter) shouldn’t have any impact on whether or not Matthew can mourn the loss of his pet, unless his mourning process involves some sort of weird occult ritual.
    Seriously, what difference does it make?

• AI says:

@processfive: What difference does anything on Consumerist make? It’s just products and money! Where’s Roz and a banhammer?

• Consumerist-Moderator-Roz says:

@AirIntake: He’s being pretty civil about it, I’m going to let it stand.

Please email troublesome comments to me at moderator@consumerist.com – not in the comments themselves (it’s considered junior moderating, a rules violation itself).

• baquwards says:

@processfive: Well considering that he paid more for getting his ashes back, as opposed to just disposing of his pet he deserves to get what he pays for. My parents run a pet crematorium and they charge more if you want the ashes back, and very little if you need to just dispose of your pet.

• Wombatish says:

@baquwards: But do they actually give the specific ashes back, or just a “scooping” of the communal pile?

I’ve had three pets cremated, and this has always bothered me. I try not to think about it, to be honest.

• dorastandpipe says:

@Wombatish: They are supposed to run your pet all by itself if you pay to get the cremains back.

Now, I have done this in the past and I always wonder if I really get my pets cremains back or a scoop from the communal pile…its not like I would ever know! I just hope that the companies are on the up and up.

What does one do with the cremains? I put a bit of my dogs in the front garden with a bleeding heart plant planted over them. The rest of them were scattered in various places we liked to go together. (One died nearly 2 years ago, the other just a month ago and yes…I dug up where the first dog was buried to add a bit of the second dog.)

I have heard of a place that takes your pets cremains, mixes them with concrete (or similar stuff) and uses them to actually make things such as a stepping stone or even a bench! It is very expensive from what I remember.

• Wombatish says:

@dorastandpipe: You can have them made into gemstones! Or there are little prayer box/vial necklaces.

But I currently live in apartments and such, so burying the remains isn’t really an option. They’re all in the little wooden boxes you get them back in right now, sitting on a shelf all together. I feel kind of bad, but I didn’t want them just chunked in a dumpster/ashes chunked in a dumpster, and it’s much more expensive to bury them.

8. pecan 3.14159265 says:

Uh Consumerist? Pardon if I’m spelling some things incorrectly, but the screen on this particular post is skewy. I can only see part of the comment boxes (the left side is cut off) and while the post itself is fine, the comment boxes are all cut off on the left side, starting jusst at the avatar icon. If you help me, in the tradition of this post, I will give you a cheeseburger.

9. coren says:

To add ot the fun, I can see all the comments, but they’re aligned super left, and the comment box is 3 lines tall and maybe 20-25 characters long at most. Huzzah!

10. octopede says:

This reminds me of a drunken joke idea I had with a friend: we would start a pet crematorium. Also, we would land a job cleaning out public barbeque grills in city parks. We’d deliver grill leavings in urns and find a secluded dumpster for the pets: win-win!

11. cmdrsass says:

not this stupid problem again with comments….

12. dirithmir says:

this is way too much work to go through for an animal. just toss it in a hole in the yard like humans have been doing since time immemorial.

• karmaghost says:

@dirithmir: Yay! Flamebait!

All I can say is that humans have sentimental attachments to a lot of things and I personally don’t think it’s strange to have an emotional attachment to a pet you’ve had for 15 years and want to have some sort of burial arrangements.

• Alice Arrington Radley says:

href=”#c12961670″>dirithmir: You’re a real horses ass. Congratulation, douchenozzle.

• Trai_Dep says:

@dirithmir: Hey, good point: if it’s good enough for Grandpa, it’s good enough for Fluffy!

13. giantnegro says:

I’m considering injecting some radioactive tracer into my cat when it dies so that I can later verify that it’s ashes are really those of my cat. Or maybe I just inject the radioactive tracer into my cat now in hopes that I can have a cat with super-feline powers.

Super-left-justified.

14. Anonymous says:

I am so incredibly sorry for the additional pain you are now suffering after your loss. And, I have also had ‘mix-ups’ occur with pet cremains, which has led me to accept that the ashes are at least a beloved companion animal, even if not quite my beloved companion animal.

At this point, I would recommend finding an animal law attorney and asking for help. If I were barred in your state, you could have my services free of charge – not for a lawsuit, but as a way to force the involved parties to be a bit more open and honest.

And once again, I am very sorry for your loss.

15. CrowMignon says:

This is bad, but it would have been worse if he had the cat’s remains returned in a replica of the Stanley Cup. That would have been a cat ash trophy!

16. bairdwallace says:

comments has gone whacky again.

17. PinkBox says:

When you have a pet cremated, you generally pay more for “private cremation”, which guarantees that your pet will be cremated on it’s own, and not with other animals.

Unless the op specifically paid to have that done, it probably doesn’t really matter if the name was wrong…

18. GreatWhiteNorth says:

Years ago my dawg died and since the young’ns were real partial to the dawg and ’cause the ground was froze good and solid, I had the dawg cremated.

Now the vet told me that they cremated up to a dozen or so dogs at a time so I would be getting a mix of my dog with many others. That seemed just fine since my dog was real social like in life.

I never did tell the young’ns that detail and in the following summer we spread the dowg’s ashes around the forest she liked, it seemed fitting again that it was a pack of dogs.

In all seriousness folks, think of the economics. One dog cremated costs thousands, unreasonable. A group cremated together costs a small fraction of that, reasonable.

19. Joyce Godsey says:

this is why i just bury the dead corpose.

20. jodles says:

yeah, something is wrong with the comments.

Cremain mix-ups happen a whole lot with humans…there have been many crematoriums that have been caught cremating bodies together and dividing the ashes (illegal) because it saves energy costs. Maybe that’s what happened here…a shady cremation. I know the correct way to determine if this is occurring is to weigh the cremains and compare them to the weight of the original body (there’s a formula for how much one’s cremains should weigh based on height and weight of the individual), but again, I’m not sure how that works for non-humans.

Never thought my forensics degree would come in handy for anything other than calling out CSI on how much it sucks.

21. Antediluvian says:

Came here to say what PinkBox said just above, but with (I think / hope) a little more clarification. We had a cat cremated last summer.

There were 2 choices for cremation: private or group. You get ashes back from both types, but with the private cremation you get only your pet’s ashes back. With the group cremation, you get a portion of all the ashes from that session.

The price of each depended on the weight of the animal, IIRC, and the group is significantly cheaper than the private (on the order of $50 vs $150).

The OP doesn’t say which type of cremation he opted for, so it’s possible he was never going to get “just” his pet’s ashes back if he had chosen a group cremation.

All that said, it’s still painful when a beloved pet dies and no one should have to deal with the sort of runaround the OP is getting.

• Eyebrows McGee (now with double the baby!) says:

@Antediluvian: We had those options, as well as “cremate and dispose” which was around $20, I think, and that’s what we had done.

The vet also told us there is sometimes the option for the pet to be sent to the state veterinary school for dissection and some people choose that route, to help in training more vets, but that wasn’t a “collection” time and our cat didn’t die of anything weird (in which case they’ll save them for later).

I *might* have done that, had it been an option, particularly as this cat benefited so much from excellent veterinary care, but for some reason I actually find that a little squickier than donating a HUMAN body to science.

22. Anonymous says:

A similar situation happened with my dog at Banfield in Durham North Carolina. They give me another dog’s ashes named Buddy with another dog’s owners name on it.. then said it was a mistake and offered to reprint the information. I returned the ashes and still don’t know what happened to my dogs. Good times.

23. Anonymous says:

At least it’s a more sentimental send off with cremation. With a companion horse that dies in my part of the country, one has to call the rendering plant and watch them winch the remains onto the truck. Cash only. We try and arrange for other people to wait for the rendering truck so the owners don’t have to witness the grisly scene.

24. mesropabrahamian says:

Why so much fuss. I cant understand the pet fixation either. To be honest I don’t much care for corpses and thats for people. Your cat is gone and nothing is going to bring him back. If you want we have plenty of ash left over from last weeks BBQ.

25. Laura Northrup says:

@undefined: @Eyebrows McGee (popping ~May 29): That’s true. I don’t really like cats, but I love me some purring critter in my lap.

26. Featherstonehaugh says:

I’m sure this happens with people too…

27. hrmann_2000 says:

From an old Monty Python Sketch…
    If we burn her she gets stuffed in the flames… crackle crackle crackle… which is a bit of a shock if she’s not quite dead, but quick. And then we give you a handful of ashes, which you can pretend were hers.”

28. Dillenger69 says:

remind me to buy my creamer from a different creamer-torium.

29. cozymoses says:

If I were you, I’d demand a refund. I just paid over $500 to have my dog cremated and put in a nice box, and if I had even the smallest inkling of doubt, I’d demand a refund. Luckily, I am trusting. But with this sort of runaround, I’d raise hell. It’s not like they can’t comp ONE cremation. Cremation is about giving people a piece of mind. They just messed with yours.

30. crunchberries says:

Guys, the point is not that Matthew is upset to the degree where he wants his cat’s ashes back at any cost.

The point is that the vet office lied to him, stonewalled his attempts to find out the truth, and passed blame onto the cremation company, which are utterly douchy responses to an already sensitive situation.

31. synergy says:

I’ve been wondering, I know it’s illegal to burn people anywhere but in a crematorium because of health laws etc, but what about animals? Can’t owners just burn their own pets?

32. foodfeed says:

yet another reason i’m glad i’ve had backyards to bury my last two dead cats in.

33. mercyofthefallen says:

I wanted to share the story of my own cat’s cremation. My cat also had kidney disease and hypothyroid. I decided to take her in and her vet of 18 years and I decided it was time to put her down. I paid for a private cremation and was told they ashed would be back in 4-6 weeks. I called to follow up after 3 weeks and was told that it was too early to call. I called back the week before Thanksgiving which was over 6 weeks later because my family was planning a burial during Thanksgiving weekend.

On Saturday, I was told that the crematorium was closed and my vet would follow up on Monday. He called his other offices to see if the remains were delivered to one of his other hosptials. They had not. On Monday, he called me to tell me that he found the CAT in the FREEZER. The crematorium never came for my cat. He insisted he would get me a free Group Cremation. I reminded him that I paid for a private one and expected the Bill to be taken care of due to carelessness. ( I had put my credit card in dispute on Saturday). Finally, he called me back and told me that the Crematorium would provide me with a free private cremation but I still had to pay his fee. I fought him on this.

I finally won the credit card dispute but like the writer, I couldnt trust that I actually was receiving my OWN cat’s ashes or what I would face when I went to get them at the vet’s office. He may not have released them until i pay his fee, so I left him the ashes and never returned the calls.

It was a sad way to end an 18 year relationship with my cat but I really didnt need the ashes anyway.

34. LilBadKitty says:

You could put a glass marble or something down your dead cat’s throat and then look for it when you get the cremains back, if you really want to be sure it’s your cat. Don’t flame me! I’m not being cruel or insensitive – just offering a solution. I’ve had to euthanize and cremate 3 kitties myself and completely understand his feelings! I paid the extra to have my first cremated on his own but then wondered if it was really my cat’s ashes or just some random scoop of ashes out of a pile. Then I wondered why it mattered since it was just ashes. My best friend was gone and the ashes were small consolation. I thought they would be important after he died but when I got them back, they meant nothing to me. He was still gone.

• bubbledumpster says:

@LilBadKitty: that reminds me of the time when i was seven years old and i came home from a labor day weekend vacation to a big giant pile of ashes where my house used to be.

all that was left was the steps leading up to the back porch, and and in the general vicinity of the remnants of my dresser, a blue marble.

35. Daniel Kipnis says:

My cat died just last week, and this exact problem is one of the reasons why I decided to bury him myself. I don’t trust strangers with my cat, alive or dead.

36. MyPetFly says:

We have the ashes of two cats at home, and I’ve always wondered if we have the right ashes. The way I look at it, though, is that regardless of whose ashes they are, we’re the caretakers of someone’s cherished pet. And even if just a stray, I’m still okay with it.

37. castlecraver says:

@LilBadKitty: If cremating pets is anything like cremating people, non-combustible or non-pulverizable items will be removed and discarded between the cremation and the pulverizing of the cremated remains (bone fragments).

Insertion of a foreign objects into your deceased pet may also peak the curiosity of well-meaning crematory staff, and you might get some uncomfortable and unwanted questions about how you treated your pet.

38. dreamsneverend says:

Uh.. just like human remains, what is the point of keeping a pile of carbon around?

39. mon0zuki says:

@undefined: @LilBadKitty: Y’know, I’m sure a lot of people would say that would be laughing at their pain, but honestly for me it just gives me giggles.

I’ve lost numerous cats myself, and have not kept the ashes. It is tragic, it really is, and I’m sure some folks would say chuckling would be belittling someone else’s pain – but sometimes laughter is good medicine.

That, and your solution is actually quite genius.

40. Ihaveasmartpuppy says:

Wow – comments are fixed…

Ok, I come from the position that you bury a passed away pet in the back yard. I can see the problem with that if you don’t have a back yard. But I really don’t understand why anyone would want to keep ashes of a dead pet. What would you ever want to do with them? Any essence of the pet is gone, I’m sorry to tell you.

41. Morticia says:

Mypetfly, I love your attitude, a good way of looking at it.

I buried my much loved cat a few weeks ago. She has the most splendid coffin. When it came to the crunch it was important to me that she got sent off in style.

My condolences to you Mathew.

42. CFinWV says:

@Ihaveasmartpuppy: Here’s the thing though, just because *you* don’t see a point to it doesn’t mean there is no point to it. It matters to someone else.

43. vgeroh says:

@LilBadKitty: @Ihaveasmartpuppy: I have th ashes of my dog and my cat. I dont really think anyone has a right to tell anyone how to grieve.

44. nakedscience says:

@bubbledumpster: You’re an asshole. Why is it ANY of your business? Is it your cat?